Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymon's Fairgame$

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I’m not hating on it. That’s how most sequels are made even from generation to generation. Just saying, Insomniac’s pipeline is similar to a service platform simply due to this iterative nature. They found a model that applies to single player. Hitman is another way.
I’d say a service platform would require annualised releases. Insomniac games are rare bonafide blockbusters.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’d say a service platform would require annualised releases. Insomniac games are rare bonafide blockbusters.

The cadence of delivering a product… Insomniac has facilitated this by recycling environments and models 3x over now in boxed releases. It’s really not dissimilar at all. (Doesn’t help that Wolverine looks like the same game with new skin and jank parkour).

There’s many models to use. What works is up to the devs and us ya know…

I would like to see another attempt at something like Mass Effect trilogy built within a single release. Not everything needs to have multiplayer. Hitman is great example even tho I’m not the biggest fan

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Perhaps we can wait for the actual reveal and then criticize. Having a pitch fork out for a game because it is the next one in line from the GaaS train, is kinda dumb.

Why bring on unnecessary negative narratives to a game and the brand that hasn't even been properly revealed.

I'm not even disagreeing with you regarding waiting for the actual reveal, but Sony is the one to blame for the negativity around everything they do. I've always said that shitting on your core userbase, who started with "whining and dooming" (that's how some of the Sony fangirls or ChatGPT accounts call it) when they started smelling the fart, would inevitably lead to the casual crowd to follow once the shit was visible.

This is what you are seeing now. It doesn't help that

1) Sony is always subject to extreme negativity from outside of their fan base and the "media".
2) Sony is doing NOTHING to counter it. Instead it looks like they are digging deeper in their shit.

And I actually am happy to see such extreme counter wind, even if it means to "lose something good on the way" for things getting better because of it.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I’m not hating on it. That’s how most sequels are made even from generation to generation. Just saying, Insomniac’s pipeline is similar to a service platform simply due to this iterative nature. They found a model that applies to single player. Hitman is another way.
Don't get me wrong. I think Insomniac model is good, but other developers will still fail at it. They will take forever to develop something even for simple re-skins.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Problem is that most developers cannot release games fast even with reused assets and available technology. Not much has changed in game design or graphical details since PS4, however, we see development taking time because "games are complex, and 4K graphics blah blah blah".
Actually if anything, game engines are much easier to use and 3D modeling software are much easier to use.
Some sort of huge hinderance happens in gaming which eats loads of resources. I don't see anything wildly better now then devs have had 20 years ago at that time.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I'm not even disagreeing with you regarding waiting for the actual reveal, but Sony is the one to blame for the negativity around everything they do. I've always said that shitting on your core userbase, who started with "whining and dooming" (that's how some of the Sony fangirls or ChatGPT accounts call it) when they started smelling the fart, would inevitably lead to the casual crowd to follow once the shit was visible.

1) Sony is always subject to extreme negativity from outside of their fan base and the "media".
2) Sony is doing NOTHING to counter it. Instead it looks like they are digging deeper in their shit.

And I actually am happy to see such extreme counter wind, even if it means to "lose something good on the way" for things getting better because of it.
⭕ Of Playstation's life..

Reactions: arvfab

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Lol they are rising negativity from the inside. Sony already have good GaaS in GT and MLB. They should've re-acquired SOE with built upon the already working Planetside and DayZ that they themselves developed in 2010. All that should have been done quietly and no buzz. Then invest more in buying support studios to eccelerate their single player games.

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
Ooh they're confident, watch out we have a badass over here.
Shut the fuck up here's your dose of reality
HUXLzpx.jpeg
Dislike numbers are completely fake now. Only Google has the real figures since they hid the numbers.

• haha
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
If you are modern audience, you will like. We ancient audience basturds won't give it a chance.
You should stop buying newer hardware as well and stick to those old consoles so you can stay stuck in the past and enjoy those older games then 🤪

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Based on what?

They had no idea Helldivers would blow up and put a ton of resources into marketing Concord. They even bought the studio

Safe to say they don't know what they are doing

Fairgame$ needs a complete aesthetic make over to be a chance at succeeding. If they pop back up with independent black woman leading the trailer again they are DOA

It's not just the aesthetic.
Let's not forget the very first sentence that popped up in that trailer.

Captura de ecrã 2024-09-04 155949.jpg

Multi-billion dollar corporation launching a MTX-driven game about "Eating the Rich". It's the videogame equivalent of the "Hello fellow kids" meme.

Things are not looking great for Sony's GAAS push.

Reactions: Yobo and Dr. E99

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
These gen z shooter game concord and fairgame looks lame and cringe

Give me killzone, socom or resistance back

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nym

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
sony would be very stupid to fall twice in a row in the same scam, it is not possible

• haha
Reactions: Nym

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Dude, given your track record of personal likes (The Order and Concord), I sure hope you hate this game for the devs' sake.
Yes two games out of gaming since the PS2 era = A Track record, the things I learn on this site daily.

Two good games by the way, but I forgot gaming isn't a subjective art form and we can't like what we like... 🤯

Reactions: arvfab

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
The game is an heist/extraction shooter and there aren't that many heist games out there right now so it has that going for it. However, Jade Raymond hasn't released a game in her gaming career yet sooooo that is a big pause.