Sony signs agreement with MS to keep COD on PS

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Yay, I will keep not playing CoD.

I think that if Sony sees that MS will have it they will take the least bad compromise and deal with it as they should in due time.

People celebrating or crying over this should get a wider view, some perspective. If you have an Xbox you gain NOTHING from this, the same games will come to your platform and they will have to milk you more to pay for the purchases, it's also likely that those studios will loose talent, like all MS owned studios.

If you have a PS, well, you will have the chance to play a lot of other games, just like before.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
MS to paint themselves as good guys for keeping CoD on Playstation. Not much Sony could do in the face of the opposition's billions, and weak regulators.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
This sucks, but after antitrust institutions showed they are a clown show at best, what other options are there. The fact that the evidence presented didn't prevent the merger makes it obvious the legal system won’t protect consumers, but their donor's interests only.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Wonder if this was the same agreement Microsoft has been offering for awhile now or a unique one that Sony offered? Either way I guess we’ll see if Sony has anything up their sleeve soon I guess.

Reactions: kuzon

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Weak.... very weak from Jim.

However, IF... IF Sony go for something the size of TakeTwo, then COD is secured and Sony could possibly keep things exclusive from their own deal.
Just can't see it. Sony is like a lot of Japanese companies - conservative. At best I see them inquiring about Capcom, and I doubt they'll even do that.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Does anyone think there is any other terms to include other abk games?

No.

Even during the FTC court case they ask about other Activision games being multiplatform and the MS lawyer made them not answer the question. This only about COD.

• sad
Reactions: kuzon

kuzon

23 Jun 2023
No.

Even during the FTC court case they ask about other Activision games being multiplatform and the MS lawyer made them not answer the question. This only about COD.
So it’s likely the same deal Nintendo got

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Does anyone think there is any other terms to include other abk games?

Knowing what we know now after the FTC trial, I would bet it is only for CoD, and even then, there must be some shady shit going on in the background.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Game Over.

Time to face it. No more Blizzard game on PlayStation and likely only CoD from Activsion.

Is in Microsoft best interest to keep COD on as many platforms as possible
Just like it was in their best interest to keep Bethesda game on as many platforms as possible wait.

PS5 gen Sony leadership has no balls. They take shit from by MS all the time now, they port their games to Steam and get no Valve game on PS5, they support NVidia proprietary technology that doesn't work on console.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It shouldn't change anything for the deal. The console SLC was dropped anyway.

It's still blocked by the CMA for cloud but at least they won't pull it from PlayStation.
The CMA will pass this through of MS decides to not release this on cloud in the UK or any similar solution.

The CMA always claimed they're fighting for consumers in the UK and had no issues with consoles and only cloud. They'll be passing this if those issues are resolved in the UK only.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ManPhlaps

Banned
19 Jul 2022
Game Over.

Time to face it. No more Blizzard game on PlayStation and likely only CoD from Activsion.

Just like it was in their best interest to keep Bethesda game on as many platforms as possible wait.

PS5 Sony has no balls, they take shit from by MS all the time now. They port their games to Steam and get no Valve game on PS5. They support NVidia proprietary technology that doesn't work on console.

They're looking to diversify, because consoles are a dead end. It's not a market that's expanding.

Reactions: On Demand

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They're looking to diversify, because consoles are a dead end. It's not a market that's expanding.
Too bad, they have no chance do be relevant outside consoles. PlayStation is the console.

PlayStation is selling more than ever, so why does it matter if consoles aren't growing as fast as mobile/cloud/Steam? PlayStation should had nothing to do with any of that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Entropi

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Weak.... very weak from Jim.

However, IF... IF Sony go for something the size of TakeTwo, then COD is secured and Sony could possibly keep things exclusive from their own deal.
Sony aint keeping GTA or RD exclusive, regs would hang em ot to dry and why walk away from MS money after spending potentially $30 billion on T2?

I have always said the more money sony makes the better. They should buy pubs and devs as a subsidiary, put them on as many platforms as possible to get pass regulators then jack up the rev split to take home a bigger percentage is the best way forward for them. Making less money while spending more money for Sony, and for anyone really is doom, that's a race to the bottom..

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
What do you guys expect him to do? Ultimately his job is to do what's best for the company and ultimately at this point its to make sure COD stays on Playstation. He jas a duty to shareholder to make sure Playstation makes money, if not he gets fired. There isn't anything else can do at this point.

He even said previously he didn't want a deal and hoped regulators do their job. Unfortunately they did not so at this point there's nothing he can do.

It will not impact what the CMA does as they dismissed the impact on consoles which I still think was stupid.

Phil Spencer shows he's still a slime ball of the highest degree