Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Stellar Blade, Dragon's Dogma, and DS2 all look fantastic. DS2 put's everything I've seen in consoles or PC to shame.
GIF by Futurithmic

Reactions: Bryank75

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Stellar Blade is a game nobody would care at all if it was not for PlayStation promoting it and the lack of actual relevant upcoming games.

It like seen Xbots hyping Redfall or Blade.
You sound exactly like an xbox fanboy with victim complex. If you didn't have a playstation character with blackface I would almost believe you are one

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Are you five years old?

1. We have given plenty of time. 3 years into this gen they have FEWER first party games than last gen. This is not debatable, it's a fact
2. We've given them time, and they have showed fuck all. Last year they released 1 game, however they released 3 or 4 PC ports
3. I didn't say that they will announce when I want, you're just making shit up to feel good with yourself.
4. I don't give two shits about Xbox and do not want their products.

You don't develop games ( neither do i ), so stop whining. And i'm not making anything, yes, you really want to announce some SP games from Sony studios. So, they won't when you want, but when it will be ready.

Why are you coping so hard with my opinion? Did I touch your console warrior nerve?

Believe it or not, we all have an opinions, but opinion can be wrong in every single way. Like yours. Bunch of games in first 4 months and still there are people who aren't pleased with that. Damn!

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

feiozzo

18 Jan 2024
Stellar Blade, Dragon's Dogma, and DS2 all look fantastic. DS2 put's everything I've seen in consoles or PC to shame.
ds2 yes, fantastic like the first one
Stellar Blad and Dragons Dogma? Meh

this whole gen is a disappointment graphics wise
or maybe my expectations were too high

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah, it's not like people are criticizing the lack of games. Plenty of games are coming out, some excellent ones at that.

But there's definitely a major break in PS studios releases.

SP released GOT 3 and a half years ago. No new announcements.

ND released TLOU2 at the same time and we god a remake and DLC for TLOU2. No new announcements.

Housemarque 2 and a half years ago. No new announcements.

Bluepoint released a remake in 2020 and no new announcements since then.

Bend released a game over 4 years ago and no announcements.

SSM released GOW and DLC recently and the Spider-Man studio is pretty consistent with releases.

Let's not pretend there's not an issue here. When was the last time the majority of major PS studios didn't have any announcements for over 3 years?
I'm personally going to wait and see if they do any shows for the summer before assuming that their studios are secretly dying and forgot how to make games. The reality is that AAA takes a lot of time and money for the level of graphics everyone wants to see. They could announce stuff early like Xbox did with Hellblade or Marvel's Blade and show the same thing for 3-4 years in a row though.

Reactions: Diah

Old Gamer

Banned
5 Aug 2022
Stellar Blade looked outstanding. Ronin was a mixed bag, seems like they just copied Ghost of Tsushima down to the UI, but I may be wrong.

Will rewatch it. What did you see ubisofty?
The UI resembled AC, and that together with the parkour in the city really set the vibe for me. Too many open world tropes.

I'm positive it has fast and intense combat, that looks good, but the idea of following the checklist feels tiring to me.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Death Stranding released in 2019, 6 years for a sequel.

About the same time it took Kojima to build his studio from the ground up and release a GoTY AAA new IP last time.
He doesn't have Guerrilla Games assisting him this time which helped a lot last time with getting his game ready. Plus it's clear he's stretched thin... Trying to do two games at once and whatever other vanity project he's doing.

I was truly expecting the game to be their big Fall Game this year

• sad
Reactions: Diah and Nhomnhom

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Let's not pretend there's not an issue here. When was the last time the majority of major PS studios didn't have any announcements for over 3 years?

Yes, issue that game development are now last longer and more expensive. You haven't heard anything about it in last few years? Like i've said previous post, you don't develop games and neither do i. Bunch of games in first 4 months and still there are people who aren't pleased with that. Damn!

In February we will have Hell Divers 2 and FF7 Rebirth!!!

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and PS_ROCKS

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Did you even watch the trailer and look how massive that game looks? are you mad? I
Did you play the first game? A sequel does not compare to creating and studio a shipping a new IP ina shorter amount of time.

I'm not blaming Kojima, he is great and so is his studio, the weak lineup for the upcoming years is on Sony and all the studios that are MIA.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Stellar Blade looked outstanding. Ronin was a mixed bag, seems like they just copied Ghost of Tsushima down to the UI, but I may be wrong.

It just looks like GOT but with way more fantasy.

Stellar Blade looks phenomenal though

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm personally going to wait and see if they do any shows for the summer before assuming that their studios are secretly dying and forgot how to make games. The reality is that AAA takes a lot of time and money for the level of graphics everyone wants to see. They could announce stuff early like Xbox did with Hellblade or Marvel's Blade and show the same thing for 3-4 years in a row though.
They just announced a game with Kojima that will likely release later then 2030.

• haha
Reactions: AshHunter216

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You don't develop games ( neither do i ), so stop whining. And i'm not making anything, yes, you really want to announce some SP games from Sony studios. So, they won't when you want, but when it will be ready.
Nice word soup.

Believe it or not, we all have an opinions, but opinion can be wrong in every single way. Like yours. Bunch of games in first 4 months and still there are people who aren't pleased with that. Damn!
Where did I say I wasn't pleased? Go read my comments. Perhaps you need to learn how to read and not get offended if someone critiques anything related to Playstation.

Reactions: Danja1187

Old Gamer

Banned
5 Aug 2022
Did you play the first game? A sequel does not compare to creating and studio a shipping a new IP ina shorter amount of time.
They designed a lot more new stuff than most sequels get. There's new settings (also shown in game in the trailer).

This isn't like Spiderman games that are all based on New York so you can just recycle a lot of assets and just add to it incrementally.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Where did I say I wasn't pleased? Go read my comments. Perhaps you need to learn how to read and not get offended if someone critiques anything related to Playstation.
We are talking about Sony 1st party studios, and i've quoted that post of your specifically. You whining why their games aren't showed in this SOP.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
They designed a lot more new stuff than most sequels get. There's new settings (also shown in game in the trailer).

This isn't like Spiderman games that are all based on New York so you can just recycle a lot of assets and just add to it incrementally.
We'll see, scope looked similar to the first game to me. I don't expect it will have the same impact.

It's ok for him to make a sequel like this, the first game was great, looks like all his other projects delayed this game thougth.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The mistake is thinking a state of play is some mega showcase like e3. They’re usually to focus mostly on what’s coming soon.

With that said. This was a fine show.