Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Stellar Blade is a game nobody would care at all if it was not for PlayStation promoting it and the lack of actual relevant upcoming games.

It like seen Xbots hyping Redfall or Blade.

That game looks cool though but likely to come to pc at some point I'm sure. I can't wait to try the game out and study it's wombat systems. Wonder what else shown here will get ported to pc?

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
the state of playstation in 2024 is more dire than I thought now that I see the only interesting game in Death Stranding 2 is next year. The entire state of play was PS4 level graphics and nonsensical stories. Until dawn remake likely would've been a big draw but Sony can't seem to anounce something just for their audience anymore, they want people to move to PC.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Lol @Nhomnhom dude you gotta relax, that was the best state of play maybe ever
Not a high bar. All I got from this personally was Death Stranding 2 being "delayed".

I have been waiting for 4 years now to see what was next for PlayStation studios and I haven't seen nothing and once they get announced we are looking at 2027 and beyond release dates already.

No Uncharted, no TLoU Part 3, no new IP by SSM, no new Media Molecule game, no new Team Asobi Game, no GoT 2, nothing.

Will Bluepoint take 6 years to release another remake? Is this the place where we find ourselves at?

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Stellar Blade is a game nobody would care at all if it was not for PlayStation promoting it and the lack of actual relevant upcoming games.

It like seen Xbots hyping Redfall or Blade.
Explain foamstars then

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
We are talking about Sony 1st party studios, and i've quoted that post of your specifically. You whining why their games aren't showed in this SOP.
Yes, and I complained about the lack of them, but I did not say I wasn't please with what we saw. I actually stated I was, and if you had taken 10 seconds to read beyond my criticism you would understand that. But ultimately, you're just the PS version of an Xbox scientologist, so any criticism is viewed as a direct attack. It's ok.

Reactions: Danja1187

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
the state of playstation in 2024 is more dire than I thought now that I see the only interesting game in Death Stranding 2 is next year. The entire state of play was PS4 level graphics and nonsensical stories. Until dawn remake likely would've been a big draw but Sony can't seem to anounce something just for their audience anymore, they want people to move to PC.

Ok this is objectively taking the piss. Since when do Dragons Dogma, Stellar Blade, and Judas look like last gen games? You need a new prescription.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The Balistic Moon rumored game turned out to be a Until Dawn Remake for PC...

Animated GIF

Stellar Blade
Stellar Blade looks like an ugly low budged Unreal 4 PS4 game. That is exactly what it is as well.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Ok this is objectively taking the piss. Since when do Dragons Dogma, Stellar Blade, and Judas look like last gen games? You need a new prescription.
You gotta look at it this way Sat no matter what Sony does the poster you quoted will never be happy because it's not what "they" want even though most were pleased with what we got best to put them on ignore and move on to the more reasonable minded individuals. Its not even worth responding to them.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
You just named two third party games and I guess a 2nd party game that looks like a knock off bayonetta with ps4 graphics. Nothing that would sell a PS5 to casuals. rise of the ronin being the only other 2nd party exclusive and looking even worse.

I will be playing dragons dogma on PC to hopefully mod away that blurry TAA that I've been seeing in all of the gameplay.

Mark my words this year will be filled with small YoY declines for playstation, they don't have hogwarts or spiderman to fall back on. The lineup looks abysmal.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
You gotta look at it this way Sat no matter what Sony does the poster you quoted will never be happy because it's not what "they" want even though most were pleased with what we got best to put them on ignore and move on to the more reasonable minded individuals. Its not even worth responding to them.
Some people will be angry and unhappy no matter what, even when the stuff they claim to want comes they'll just find new things to moan about.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You just named two third party games and I guess a 2nd party game that looks like a knock off bayonetta with ps4 graphics. Nothing that would sell a PS5 to casuals. rise of the ronin being the only other 2nd party exclusive and looking even worse.

I will be playing dragons dogma on PC to hopefully mod away that blurry TAA that I've been seeing in all of the gameplay.

Mark my words this year will be filled with small YoY declines for playstation, they don't have hogwarts or spiderman to fall back on. The lineup looks abysmal.
We are a long way from the E3 2015, E3 2016 or even 2020 showcases days.

The bad now is set extremely low with these awful SoPs.

PlayStation now is that console you buy because Sony delayed the release of Final Fantasy on PC or because you don't want to wait 2 years to play the ultimate version of Horizon FW.

Dean Winchester Facepalm GIF

Reactions: nongkris

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
The Balistic Moon rumored game turned out to be a Until Dawn Remake for PC...

Animated GIF

Can only hope they are working a sequel because this Remake makes no sense at all. It's actually insulting to the fans of the games this is what you do with the IP after almost a decade of fans begging for a Sequel.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Can only hope they are working a sequel because this Remake makes no sense at all. It's actually insulting to the fans of the games this is what you do with the IP after almost a decade of fans begging for a Sequel.
Can't wait to see what Sony thinks deserves to be do to Bloodborne.

Their decision making is baffling and seems to be guided by what they think serves PC better.

TLoU Part I Remake, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection, Until Dawn remake, this shit is getting weird.