Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Apparently if you rate the latest State of Play poorly you get banned for trolling in the other tread. That will show the other boards that we are better... fall in line folks.

On Rails VR sequel
Remake by the studio that made Godfall with extra weapons and cloths to promote the lates Destiny expansion.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
@Bryank75 won't you do anything above that whiny hostile user above Jim Ryan? Since he came back he derailed every threads with nonchalant whines. Negativity merchant lol.
You guys can put him on ignore. I don't support people trying to silence other members. He's obviously a PlayStation fan. Stop trying to turn this site into that other place so many of y'all are still obsessed with

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
You guys can put him on ignore. I don't support people trying to silence other members. He's obviously a PlayStation fan. Stop trying to turn this site into that other place so many of y'all are still obsessed with
I mean like 1-2 negative opinions, maybe jokes are OK.

But like 10+ posts complaining the same shit everyday is definitely weird, the dude is actively trying to derail the conversation.

I don't even complains about Kojima that much.

24 Jun 2022
Great return-to-form after the mediocre Showcase last year. We're still in the dark about what most of the internal 1P teams are cooking, but I feel we'll get some reveals on a few of those later in the year.

Stellar Blade looks phenomenal; Sony should definitely continue to invest in (or even acquire) Shift Up and I can see the game become a franchise of sorts in due time both with games and anime OVA spinoffs. Death Stranding 2 looks awesome and the new project Kojima's working with SIE on sounds interesting. RoTR, not the best graphics for certain, but looks like it'll be fun in the combat and the expansion of open-world features & mechanics will hopefully make up for the graphics not being show-stopping.

Almost all of the other games looked good too; Until Dawn remake is maybe the one big "?" moment but apparently a movie is getting made and that's why the remake's being made. The PC Day 1 port of it is on one hand still a bit "hm", but it's also a remake of a damn-near 10 year old game, and maybe there's an upgrade path for PS console owners who have the original in their collection (probably before some arbitrary date). Hopefully the remake adds some additional content as well.

Also good move having Herman be more of the face for the brand. Hopefully this means more continued communication between them and the community, as well as media, and we can start getting some of this BS anti-PS FUD regularly generated by a certain other platform holder's astroturfers weeded out, and more of the messaging and focus on PlayStation more prominently (without a certain other brand weirdly manipulating the optics).

For me, it was a strong B+, 9/10.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Also good move having Herman be more of the face for the brand. Hopefully this means more continued communication between them and the community, as well as media, ...
I would love this, Sony really needs to be more active in communicating with their fans, despite some people saying that it is not needed, since the vast majority of PS games (meaning exclusives, first of all) sell like hotcakes, even wo Sony communicating much.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

But like 10+ posts complaining the same shit everyday is definitely weird, the dude is actively trying to derail the conversation.

That's why y'all can put him on ignore. Calling for people to be silenced I'm fully against.

I absolutely cannot Stand how obsessed many here with Xbox and how hard it is to sometimes talk about anything since it leads back to Xbox or how most threads get derailed by ResetEra discourse here... But you don't see me complaining

Just keep scrolling

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

He's been sent on a short vacation.

He needs to calm down a little and not take things so serious.

• brain
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw and JAHGamer

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
To be perfectly honest, the State of Play was a B in general. Probably like an 8.0/10 or 8.5/10 but for me personally, more like a D simply because with every showcase, it's all about how many games (new and repeats) im getting out of the show. For this State of Play, excluding VR and the Until Dawn remaster (which simply don't apply to me at all and would only decrease the percentage for me), 13 games were shown with only 2 of them being 100% for me - Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade which equates to 15%.

For reference, last September's State of Play showed 11 games with 5 of them being for me for a percentage of 45%. So it all comes down to how many games that aren't VR or remasters shown and how many of them are for me.

I will say that this State of Play gave me what I wanted though which was a release date for Stellar Blade which is April 26th and earlier than I was expecting.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
No favoritism but this State of Play was great imo we even got a PSVR AAA awesome looking game, a look at Judas and Death Stranding 2. Everytjing else looked good as well! Plus a follow up just for Finsl Fantasy. No one should be complaining nothing is coming or we hvnt been shown anything plus what we know is still in the pipeline. Solid A-/B+ for me. Minimal talk and all show.

Compared to the Direct this was like going from a cheap motel to a 5 star hotel with jacuzzi, pool, club and all! It's actually embarrassing what Xbox is puting out.

Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
He's been sent on a short vacation.

He needs to calm down a little and not take things so serious.
Oh boy, incoming meltdown and abuse towards mods
I was one of the people petitioning for him to be unbannned but if I knew all he would do was spread FUD, I would've just kept my mouth shut 😂😂 @Nhomnhom and @nongkris are both still furious about the PC initiative so much that now everything Sony does is bad. I don't like the PC move either, but it doesn't mean we should hold it against them forever!

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Will he be back in time for the next State of Play or Playstation Showcase?
I was one of the people petitioning for him to be unbannned but if I knew all he would do was spread FUD, I would've just kept my mouth shut 😂😂 @Nhomnhom and @nongkris are both still furious about the PC initiative so much that now everything Sony does is bad. I don't like the PC move either, but it doesn't mean we should hold it against them forever!

Yes, I'm against pc ports too.

Nhom will be back on Saturday. This will save him spiraling more today and getting a more serious ban.

His opinions are valued here and we keep perms as a last resort.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alsooooo let it be the last time!!! Someone says...

"oh why you posting a random tweet about a leak"

Or

"they don't know shit blah blah blah"

Many if not most of the leaks were spot on from various sources, just saying! So we post the leaks as rumors in case they are true. In this case many were!! Of course we know who the bullshitters are who don't know shit but that goes without saying.

Reactions: Sircaw

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I know someone else on twitter like that. They're so angry about it that everything PlayStation does is the worst dogshit ever by default.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Completely agree and the Kojima stuff really gave me 2016 show vibes. Very hype.
I think it definitely had 2016 energy. It was a PS show for PS old heads. Silent hill, kojimas new game plus another one down the line. Ff7 being separate but getting special attention later. Asia showed up big.

It was notable to me that no major western publishers were present at all. I hope this is Sony looking Eastward now that they’ve seen how foible partnerships with western publishers can be.

• fire
Reactions: Diah and anonpuffs