Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Not sure you guys remembered this but PS1-PS2 reign is thanks to strong 3P backings.

They turned it around with PS3 and killing the competition with PS4 and PS5 thanks to 1P but always nice to have strong 3P backings, considering it is cheaper than 1P, yield good results and more efficient thanks to Playstation's total market domination. You don't need to hoard everything.

Asking Disney how agressive M&A,subcriptions and constant but mediocre outputs work for them.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Not sure you guys remembered this but PS1-PS2 reign is thanks to strong 3P backings.

They turned it around with PS3 and killing the competition with PS4 and PS5 thanks to 1P but always nice to have strong 3P backings, considering it is cheaper than 1P, yield good results and more efficient thanks to Playstation's total market domination. You don't need to hoard everything.

Asking Disney how agressive M&A,subcriptions and constant but mediocre outputs work for them.
There's multiple games coming out every week but none of them count if they are on Xbox, PC or done by anyone other than Sony first-party studios. Even if they are published by Sony, it doesn't count in their list war.

There is nothing to play on PS5.

10 Jan 2024
What a great showcase! Overall loved the diversity in genre and titles.

I think Herman did an amazing Job, I truly believe he will be taking over Jim in the coming months as CEO.

I cant believe this is just the first showcase till the ramp up to summer, we still have so much left in the year especially when they announce the Pro console!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Yes, and I complained about the lack of them, but I did not say I wasn't please with what we saw. I actually stated I was, and if you had taken 10 seconds to read beyond my criticism you would understand that. But ultimately, you're just the PS version of an Xbox scientologist, so any criticism is viewed as a direct attack. It's ok.

Your criticism isn't valid...AT ALL

Another show without SP PS Studios games. Yep, the Live Service pitch fucked their pipeline, and anyone denying that is smoking crack.

So, you also said you don't give a shit about GAAS games. Helldivers 2 soon is out. 1st one was critically acclaimed game, this, 2nd one looks bigger and better. So, buy Xbox then. They've bought Activision and Activision has SP games.:/ You think that live service fucked up their pipeline and also you've attacked others who denying that. So, GAAS games didn't fucked up their pipeline simply because NOT ALL of their studios are working on GAAS games. So, they will announce SP games when they are ready, not when you want. So, you don't develop games ( neither do i ), you don't know how game development is expensive ( obviously is ), you don't know how long it can take. So, stop whining and give some time to Bend, Sucker Punch, Housemarque, Bluepoint etc...

In first few months we have this :

The Last of Us Part 2: Remastered (Jan 19th)
Helldivers 2 (Feb 9th)
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Feb 29)
MLB The Show 24 (Mar 15th)
Rise of Ronin (Mar 22nd)
Stellar Blade (Apr 26)

And you complaining how we didn't see games from Sony studios. I mean....c'mon, look at this list. But there you go, MLB is literally a 1st party game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223

Parading Kojima as a VIP continues to be the most cringe fad of the gaming industry for the past 5-6 years or so.

At least Nintendo fanboys can watch their Directs Kojima cringe free.

The corporate suit worship in this thread after an ok show....yikes....

• thinking_hard
Reactions: ApolloHelios
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
HOLY SHIT won't lie at first I'm expecting mid SOP, turned out it's Playstation flexing in the start of new year - SOP. So Based 🤣🤣🤣.
Yeah shit was good. It's exactly what I wanted to see. Ppl saying it was OK lol you can't please everyone but then again some ppl like to go into most things with pessimism and no matter what you show them will come out with just that.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Parading Kojima as a VIP continues to be the most cringe fad of the gaming industry for the past 5-6 years or so.

At least Nintendo fanboys can watch their Directs Kojima cringe free.

The corporate suit worship in this thread after an ok show....yikes....

was better then that nonsense at the game awards I'll give them that

Reactions: Darth Vader

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
MVP of the show : death stranding 2

Happy Death Stranding GIF by Xbox

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I was one of the people petitioning for him to be unbannned but if I knew all he would do was spread FUD, I would've just kept my mouth shut 😂😂 @Nhomnhom and @nongkris are both still furious about the PC initiative so much that now everything Sony does is bad. I don't like the PC move either, but it doesn't mean we should hold it against them forever!
YOU BACKED THE WRONG FUCKING HORSE.

Thanks, dude, our friendship is over

Horse Racing GIF

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I'm gonna repost this here too because this SOP caught me off-guard 🤣:

"OMG that was great State of Play. Easily A score. All dem Japanese games in the beginning, Stellar Blade ass all over my face, then followed by couple lame indie western games lol, it pick up again with DD2 and Rise of the Ronin new trailer, then be followed with those crazy-ass DS2 trailer, and finally closed with dat bombshell announcement not-MGS Playstation - Kojima Production exclusive partnership, and ended with the twist, drone shot showing the announcement filmed in Sony Pictures - Columbia Studio lot. Lastly, before I'm yelling at them asking why no FFVII Rebirth, turned out it will receive it's own SOP next week. Absolutely Based."

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Edit - moved to rating thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm gonna repost this here too because this SOP caught me off-guard 🤣:

"OMG that was great State of Play. Easily A score. All dem Japanese games in the beginning, Stellar Blade ass all over my face, then followed by couple lame indie western games lol, it pick up again with DD2 and Rise of the Ronin new trailer, then finally be followed with those crazy-ass DS2 trailer, and finally closed with dat bombshell announcement not-MGS Playstation - Kojima Production exclusive partnership, and ended with the twist, drone shot showing the announcement filmed in Sony Pictures - Columbia Studio lot. Lastly, before I'm yelling at them asking why no FFVII Rebirth, turned out it will receive it's own SOP next week. Absolutely Based."
Spot on! Lol but I liked what I saw of Judas too and Metro VR was ace.