Sony State of Play on January 31st (Confirmed). 5pm Eastern time. Stellar Blade, Rise of Ronin and 15+. Party time 🎉🔥

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Alsooooo let it be the last time!!! Someone says...

"oh why you posting a random tweet about a leak"

Or

"they don't know shit blah blah blah"

Many if not most of the leaks were spot on from various sources, just saying! So we post the leaks as rumors in case they are true. In this case many were!! Of course we know who the bullshitters are who don't know shit but that goes without saying.
Kinda funny that the insiders had a million things to say about what Kojima was doing with Xbox but never had a peep to say about the new stealth game he was doing with Playstation.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Kinda funny that the insiders had a million things to say about what Kojima was doing with Xbox but never had a peep to say about the new stealth game he was doing with Playstation.
Pretty obvious someone at Sony planted the seeds for this SOP being leaked

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Lbox dudes have the worst little brother syndrome

Reactions: Diah

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Forgot my phone so no live-posting for me.

Anyways, games of the show for me were Stellar Blade and Judas, though since Judas is multiplat PS gets no points for it. RotR also looks like it will be a good play but visually seems like its on a par to very early PS4/SBO games. Dime store GoT. About the best thing I can say is that I looked up at the end and was shocked that 40 minutes had passed, very little dead time and full of stuff.

Reactions: Diah
24 Jun 2022
You just named two third party games and I guess a 2nd party game that looks like a knock off bayonetta with ps4 graphics. Nothing that would sell a PS5 to casuals. rise of the ronin being the only other 2nd party exclusive and looking even worse.

I will be playing dragons dogma on PC to hopefully mod away that blurry TAA that I've been seeing in all of the gameplay.

Mark my words this year will be filled with small YoY declines for playstation, they don't have hogwarts or spiderman to fall back on. The lineup looks abysmal.

So PlayStation is only super-big mainstream games, is what you're saying? Because I remember the reason most people came to like the brand was for the variety of big AND smaller, quirkier, less mainstream games. A little of this, a bit of that, so on and so forth and that's how they became the biggest console brand in gaming. Not JUST doing the big, safe mainstream releases over and over.

Some of you seem to have forgotten the brand's actual roots, and I say that as someone who enjoys the big mainstream games like GOW, Horizon, Hogwarts or whatever else you can mention. Also kind of funny thinking there can't be anything else even somewhat like Bayonetta when that game was called a DMC clone with a chick in it when it first released.

Like damn I want to see what the internal 1P teams are cooking up too but some of you are so pessimistic about everything PS these days you're almost doing Destin and Colt's jobs for them.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So PlayStation is only super-big mainstream games, is what you're saying? Because I remember the reason most people came to like the brand was for the variety of big AND smaller, quirkier, less mainstream games. A little of this, a bit of that, so on and so forth and that's how they became the biggest console brand in gaming. Not JUST doing the big, safe mainstream releases over and over.

Some of you seem to have forgotten the brand's actual roots, and I say that as someone who enjoys the big mainstream games like GOW, Horizon, Hogwarts or whatever else you can mention. Also kind of funny thinking there can't be anything else even somewhat like Bayonetta when that game was called a DMC clone with a chick in it when it first released.

Like damn I want to see what the internal 1P teams are cooking up too but some of you are so pessimistic about everything PS these days you're almost doing Destin and Colt's jobs for them.
At the end of the day it's about showing games that people want to play. And damn near everything in that showcase I wanted to play, except for foamstars and until dawn lol

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This part, these guys are literally mimicing Xbox fanboy talking points, downplaying 3rd party exclusives and saying they don't matter.... 3rd party exclusives have always and will always matter. We all want to see 1st party games, but it makes no sense to rush them. Gaas/PC wasted a lot of their times sadly, so we just have to be patient.

24 Jun 2022
I would love this, Sony really needs to be more active in communicating with their fans, despite some people saying that it is not needed, since the vast majority of PS games (meaning exclusives, first of all) sell like hotcakes, even wo Sony communicating much.

Yeah it would do a lot for messaging optics in enthusiasts spaces online. Which, IMO, was something MS leaned on heavily to generate support for the ABK deal. And even before that, too, with the thinly-veiled "pro-consumer" messaging that fed right into getting community support for the ABK deal.

I'm not saying we need to see Herman or other PS people around everywhere all the time, especially for menial things. But doing things like seen today, where they had Herman and Kojima together, that's kind of a statement IMO and helps dissolve a lot of the FUD you'd see from certain camps trying to spread anti-PS stuff online. Because for those people, any gains Xbox makes have to come at the expense of PlayStation losing something.

I don't personally feel that is the case, but a lot of the Xbox influencers & astroturfers make it their mission to make it so.

That's why y'all can put him on ignore. Calling for people to be silenced I'm fully against.

I absolutely cannot Stand how obsessed many here with Xbox and how hard it is to sometimes talk about anything since it leads back to Xbox or how most threads get derailed by ResetEra discourse here... But you don't see me complaining

Just keep scrolling

That's something I've been mindful of changing going forward; haven't brought up the Xbox Direct once here, on GAF or on Twitter. I easily could if I wanted to do a comparison between the shows, but I feel it's not necessary. My satisfaction with this SOP was in what it did right, not what another event did or didn't do right.

I was one of the people petitioning for him to be unbannned but if I knew all he would do was spread FUD, I would've just kept my mouth shut 😂😂 @Nhomnhom and @nongkris are both still furious about the PC initiative so much that now everything Sony does is bad. I don't like the PC move either, but it doesn't mean we should hold it against them forever!

Funny part is aside Helldivers 2 (would still be cool if PS owners got some free cosmetics perks for their copy of the game), the only other PC port announced was Until Dawn. A remake of a technically near 10-year-old game.

That's actually the kind of example (alongside remaster collections of legacy, at-least-one-gen-old games) of a non-GaaS PC port that I'm kind of okay with. Is it 100% ideal? No. But if they want to have an audience on PC without compromising the hardcore/core enthusiast audience for the console, it's the optimal type of compromise. For new stuff, limit the PC focus to just some of the GaaS titles.

Or, again, remakes of many-years-old games (staggered or Day 1) and remaster collections of very old games with QOL and other improvements (those could be Day 1 between console and PC I suppose). It's the (IMO) short 2-year window for current-gen non-GaaS releases getting ports that I have a big concern with for the long-term; again even if they have to consider such ports, 4-6 years seems a safer bet and planning that within 1-2 years of new exclusives for the console would be optimal.

Some people have to learn to accept compromises in business I guess :/

...also 100% on point about some people who rock PS sounding more like Xbox copers using talking points those diehards use to downplay PS exclusives. Like yeah, I wanna see what the 1P teams are up to, I think Sony/SIE probably still need to consider an M&A of a 3P publisher and some studios, etc.

But I'm not going to ignore all the other things they're doing right, right now.

At the end of the day it's about showing games that people want to play. And damn near everything in that showcase I wanted to play, except for foamstars and until dawn lol

Yeah the Until Dawn thing made almost no sense to me until I found out about the movie tie-in. In that context a remake makes more sense.

I do think PS owners who purchased the original before some cutoff date, deserve an option to upgrade, even if it's $20 or $30 (assuming this releases at $60). Whether that's done or not is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
That's why y'all can put him on ignore. Calling for people to be silenced I'm fully against.

I absolutely cannot Stand how obsessed many here with Xbox and how hard it is to sometimes talk about anything since it leads back to Xbox or how most threads get derailed by ResetEra discourse here... But you don't see me complaining

Just keep scrolling
How does the saying go again? FUD spreaders of a feather flock together? 😂🤣😂

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There's two sides to the spectrum. Playstation rebuilt their brand around consolidating on their first party brand and only reached Rockstar/ Nintendo level last generation. Playstation has always been about variety but we cannot deny their exclusives, became the focal point 2009 and onwards.

Many only jumped back into the ecosystem because of these tentpole exclusives. So it's also a bit hypocritical to now come out strong against gamers now expecting to see big first party exclusives.

3rd party exclusives are important but current day 3rd party Exclusives aren't on the same level as the 3rd party exclusives of the PS1 / PS2 generation, let's be real. These aren't system sellers anymore. The paradigm has shifted.

With that said it was a good showing, they definitely are somewhat listening and trying to right the ship.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
How does the saying go again? FUD spreaders of a feather flock together? 😂🤣😂
It's so funny how y'all cry about thread derailment on this site when people don't fall in line with the hive mind. But you and others literally contribute to thread derailment constantly by seeking out comments just for the sake of arguing.

Make it make sense.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I was one of the people petitioning for him to be unbannned but if I knew all he would do was spread FUD, I would've just kept my mouth shut 😂😂 @Nhomnhom and @nongkris are both still furious about the PC initiative so much that now everything Sony does is bad. I don't like the PC move either, but it doesn't mean we should hold it against them forever!
i will
God Of War Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: Danja

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
It's so funny how y'all cry about thread derailment on this site when people don't fall in line with the hive mind. But you and others literally contribute to thread derailment constantly by seeking out comments just for the sake of arguing.

Make it make sense.
Sorry FUD boy 😂😂 you’re right, let’s get back on topic everyone!

10/10 State of Play! 👇👇

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
But, why word it like he did? If he meant that it will have a ton of cutscenes (and maybe in that way it is also like a movie?), that is to be expected from his games. Looking forward to it though.
They’re probably really investing in cinematics this time, high budget, known actors, more so than death stranding.
I’m expecting this game to be really well produced.