Sony to Take Action as PS5, PS4 Owners Play Less Than Anticipated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What makes it "sold like shit"? By what metric?

1 billion PC gamers and this is the returns Sony got. Giving the middle finger to their console gamers in the process.

sony-pc-port-chart.png

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
What makes it "sold like shit"? By what metric?
Predisposed impressions of failure to convince the delusional this isn't really happening. They still can't cope, they're taking thing way worse than even the Xbox crowd did back in 2016.

Ironically they were laughing at Xbox players then, well look who's laughing now!

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Predisposed impressions of failure to convince the delusional this isn't really happening. They still can't cope, they're taking thing way worse than even the Xbox crowd did back in 2016.

Ironically they were laughing at Xbox players then, well look who's laughing now!
Who is laughing now? PC players? It certainly can't be Xbox player lol.

It's extra money for Sony while they still sell as many consoles as the can make, if any PS fan is getting mad it doesn't matter unless those fans chose to move to Xbox something they won't do. If they move to PC (also something that most of them won't do) and still buy Sony games it changes very little for Sony.

Reactions: Deleted member 51

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
How does that make sense? They bought an entire studio to port their games...

Guess they need to find something else for them to do... cause if they don't engagement will fall more.

I speak as a longtime PS fan... if they dont set things straight more people will move away.

Reactions: Umar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I don't understand. What *should* the numbers be? Did Sony give expected sales figures?

The figures were expected to be higher given the 1 billion PC gamers and the amount of port begging for these games.

In reality it was a damp squib. Simply no appetite for these games. 1-2 million is paltry. Even niche games like Bloodborne sold better on console.

Sony would be better off only releasing live service games on PC.

Anyway I’m out. We are arguing over nothing in the wrong thread.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
The figures were expected to be higher given the 1 billion PC gamers and the amount of port begging for these games.

In reality it was a damp squib. Simply no appetite for these games. 1-2 million is paltry. Even niche games like Bloodborne sold better on console.

Anyway I’m out. We are arguing over nothing in the wrong thread.
Expected by whom? Everything THEY have personally stated signifies their happiness with the performance of their games on PC. Cut the bullshit.

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Expected by whom? Everything THEY have personally stated signifies their happiness with the performance of their games on PC. Cut the bullshit.

Yes I’m sure Sony is happy with 80 million revenue.

After all the port begging and bragging about 1 billion PC gamers.

D

Deleted member 13

Do you have a link to show what Sony expected?

1-2 million is small but it's much more profitable since these games took very little money to port.

Why live service only? The sales don't have to be stellar. It's not like they are making the game from scratch for the PC.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't understand. What *should* the numbers be? Did Sony give expected sales figures?
While I think these numbers are not shit they are not good too.
But they are testing the field... if numbers continue like that I believe Sony will change strategy.

Spider-man and TLOU Part 1 are the real test for Sony decide what they will do.

1-2 million sales for these big AAA titles doesn't look hot in any way... I'm trend to say the PC market is smaller to Sony than what they estimated.
They need to grow in PC to be relevant.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Do you have a link to show what Sony expected?

1-2 million is small but it's much more profitable since these games took very little money to port.

Why live service only? The sales don't have to be stellar. It's not like they are making the game from scratch for the PC.

Cause the damage this does to the Playstation brand.

1-2 million isn’t worth it. 5-10 million fair enough.

Better off simply remastering these games and rereleasing on console.

You would probably get the same results without the damage to the brand.

Why doesn’t Nintendo release their games on PC? They would probably get more sales than the Sony games yet they don’t.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 13

Cause the damage this does to the Playstation brand.
I don't believe this is the case. MS hasn't been damaged by their exclusives. We have a realistic model that is successful.

Why doesn’t Nintendo release their games on PC? They would probably get more sales than the Sony games yet they don’t.
Nintendo games are a niche category. They would be taking on more risk for very little return. BUT that doesn't mean it won't happen. I very well could in the future.

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
They are precious but you have to wait like when a woman is saving it for marriage. I don't
What's stopping any PC gamer from buying a console and playing these games like you?

Seems like we don't have to wait... but would rather do so... than owning a lame console for 1 or two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.