Sony to Take Action as PS5, PS4 Owners Play Less Than Anticipated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Was exactly the same on Gaf, same bullshit just a different place?

Interesting.

Had a feeling he was, a bit like the Xbox fans who hide behind Nintendo too.

Mans begging for Sony PC ports here where there was no relevance to PC and in another thread saying Microsoft own 1/3 of the Industry and Sony should throw in the towel.

Go figure.

Reactions: Sircaw

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
PS4: 2013 - 2014 - 2015

Killzone, Knack, Infamous, Resogun, Driveclub, LittleBigPlanet 3, TLOU Remastered, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush Remastered, God of War 3 Remastered , The Order 1886, Tearaway Unfolded, Uncharted Natan Drake Collection and Until Dawn.

PS5: 2020 - 2021 - 2022

Spiderman Miles Morales, Spiderman Remastered, Demon’s Souls Remake, Sackboy, Destruction All Stars, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, Grand Turismo 7, Horizon Fobidden West, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, TLOU Remake, God of War Ragnarok

14 vs 13

Not even including PS4 backward compatibility and 60 fps patches the current console got.

Do you honestly think Nixxes releasing one more exclusive game will change anything?

Try again.
Knack making the difference here...

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Midn1ght

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
Knack making the difference here...
Didn’t think about that.
Bringing Knack to PC will shut their console business down for sure.

200.gif

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
PS4: 2013 - 2014 - 2015

Killzone, Knack, Infamous, Resogun, Driveclub, LittleBigPlanet 3, TLOU Remastered, Bloodborne, Gravity Rush Remastered, God of War 3 Remastered , The Order 1886, Tearaway Unfolded, Uncharted Natan Drake Collection and Until Dawn.

PS5: 2020 - 2021 - 2022

Spiderman Miles Morales, Spiderman Remastered, Demon’s Souls Remake, Sackboy, Destruction All Stars, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, Grand Turismo 7, Horizon Fobidden West, Uncharted Legacy of Thieves, TLOU Remake, God of War Ragnarok

14 vs 13

Not even including PS4 backward compatibility and 60 fps patches the current console got.

Do you honestly think Nixxes releasing one more exclusive game will change anything?

Try again.
it'll certainly help, right now Nixxes is entirely useless. they exist just to port old games to PC.

I'm really not seeing a need for them. they're the weakest link in Sony's studio family certainly.

Sell them off, I say. they haven't earned their keep.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
it'll certainly help, right now Nixxes is entirely useless. they exist just to port old games to PC.

I'm really not seeing a need for them. they're the weakest link in Sony's studio family certainly.

Sell them off, I say. they haven't earned their keep.
That makes no sense, them porting games to PC frees other Sony studios to work on something else.

Midn1ght

27 Jun 2022
That makes no sense, them porting games to PC frees other Sony studios to work on something else.
Not only that but by the end of the year they will have ported two huge games already which means Sony will likely get back whatever they paid in less than 24 months.

Nixxes is probably one of their smartest acquisition since Insomniac but let’s just cry over the fact that someone else will enjoy a good game and call it their biggest mistake.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this is mindblowing but.... what if both Sony, and Nixxes stop making PC ports?

The money wasted on the ports.
the money wasted on Steam's royalties to host the ports.
the money wasted on a acquiring a worthless port studio like nixxes.
the lost sales due to PC piracy.
the lost sales in prestige and esteem of the playstation brand, which is rotting away thanks to PC.

all of it goes back into sony's pockets.

fingers crossed that sony wises up and dumps Nixxes ASAP. Good riddance to bad garbage, I say.

• brain
Reactions: Umar and Airbus

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Hey, maybe they can sell Nixxes to Valve, and Nixxes can get working on the Half-Life Alyx port for PSVR2. Make themselves useful, and actually do something worthwhile for PS users for once. God knows they haven't done anything for us yet.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Interesting.

Had a feeling he was, a bit like the Xbox fans who hide behind Nintendo too.

Mans begging for Sony PC ports here where there was no relevance to PC and in another thread saying Microsoft own 1/3 of the Industry and Sony should throw in the towel.

Go figure.
Think before you speak.

Screenshot-20220802-075055-Chrome.jpg

• fire
Reactions: Deleted member 51

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
this is mindblowing but.... what if both Sony, and Nixxes stop making PC ports?

The money wasted on the ports.
the money wasted on Steam's royalties to host the ports.
the money wasted on a acquiring a worthless port studio like nixxes.
the lost sales due to PC piracy.
the lost sales in prestige and esteem of the playstation brand, which is rotting away thanks to PC.

all of it goes back into sony's pockets.

fingers crossed that sony wises up and dumps Nixxes ASAP. Good riddance to bad garbage, I say.
Is this your letter to Santa Claus?

Hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Wait....

Are you being suicidal here? Is everyone looking at this?
No no! I am fine but thanks for asking :)
Just usually overworked and the frustration comes out. I don't even remember I wrote this.
I am an engineer and many other engineers left and I do the work of allllll of them.
Apparently I am so good, they blocked my path to IT engineering department (even though I won recruitment)...
So the usual corporate crap "you are essential but not enough for a rise and we will just lock you here".
I am working on few solutions so it is OK :p

Maybe I want too much too fast. But it's just frustrating being skipped on rises when and month ago they told you, you are the best :p

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No no! I am fine but thanks for asking :)
Just usually overworked and the frustration comes out. I don't even remember I wrote this.
I am an engineer and many other engineers left and I do the work of allllll of them.
Apparently I am so good, they blocked my path to IT engineering department (even though I won recruitment)...
So the usual corporate crap "you are essential but not enough for a rise and we will just lock you here".
I am working on few solutions so it is OK :p

Maybe I want too much too fast. But it's just frustrating being skipped on rises when and month ago they told you, you are the best :p
I don't like it when people are feeling down.

This is for you big boy.

D

Deleted member 13

I knew that was gonna get name dropped xD. The Steam Deck is a great-looking device, but it's something Sony makes no money off of, they can't control the hardware in it or its design, and it'd require a metric ton of ports to enable the entire PS4 library natively playable on it.
The problem though is that Sony and MS is too late to the party with this one. The Steam deck is a complete PC with all the benefits of PC gaming so it gets all the exclusives on the consoles (PS/Xbox) and all the backward compatibility of every PC game out. If Sony released another PS Vita, it wouldn't sell because the Steam Deck would match it 1) and 2) it would get the games that are coming to the PS Vita in PC format.

Valve definitely had a diamond here and they can make this be even more of a monster in the future with hardware upgrades and stabilizing the OS. They even solved the shader compilation for games by doing it automatically before game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.