Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Hmm that's when Sarah Bond was supposed to talk too wasn't it? This whole thing is sus.
Nah. Sarah Bond and Phil Spencer will speak next week about their new strategy.
Square Enix press conference is set on April 1. Has nothing to do with Microsoft.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Takashi hates Playstation and anyone who partners with them. I doubt a Sony acquisition is what he's alluding to.
I mean if he alluded or not, he doesn’t know. But the announcement they will talk about the new structure, was delivered by a spokesman of Square.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Persona-Leaker
675756uu8689.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Diah
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I am repeating myself but again: See how these Xbox cheerleaders are seething for Rebirth. This is why I am preaching for so long, that Sony needs to lock them down once and for all. Everyone who made of fun of Square Enix being for weebs, should just now open his eyes. FF has power, greater than any PS First Party title. This is a must buy for Sony.

Reactions: Diah and Puff
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Small buys yes. But there is also a big buy for Q1 rumored. Sony Music Japan will use funds for the Q1 buy, the rumours suggest. It's a long time partner for Sony Music Japan as well as PlayStation division. The rumor doesn't exactly say who it could be, but its speculated it being Sega or Square Enix.Both do fit the description: longtime partner for Music Japan as well PlayStation. I personally hope for Square.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Cool but that doesn’t really change the fact that FF7 isn’t bigger than “any sony first party” game. It isn’t even close to the level of something like God of War
lmao FF7 OG is one of the top 5 most influential games of all time after mario zelda doom and half-life, god of war isn't. sorry just the facts

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
In May last year, Sony said it was considering spinning off its insurance and online-banking unit, responding to longstanding calls from some investors to focus on its core entertainment businesses.

Though the financial business brings in steady profits, it has only limited connections to the company's other businesses like its PlayStation videogame consoles and image sensors used in Apple phones.

Sony plans to distribute slightly more than 80% of the shares it holds in the financial unit to its shareholders through dividends in kind, retaining a stake of just under 20% after the spinoff.

It aims to list the business in October 2025.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It means Sony won’t be making any major moves until at least November 2025.
Not necessarily. Sony dodged a bullet with jumping off Zee deal. They saved at least $10B. Means if the would want to pull a major deal they could use funds from the corporation, including the cash saved from the Zee deal.

Reactions: Luffy123

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Not necessarily. Sony dodged a bullet with jumping off Zee deal. They saved at least $10B. Means if the would want to pull a major deal they could use funds from the corporation, including the cash saved from the Zee deal.
They saves 1.5 Billion, the deal would’ve been worth 10 billion.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022