Sony's future and possible studio/publisher acquisitions

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yea but why would Capcom want to get bought by Sony? They're in the best spot they've ever been in. Monster Hunter prints money. Resident Evil is as big as ever. SF6 looks great. Them too don't need Sony
There are many reasons that can be applied to any 3rd party dev or publisher:
  • Money to grow their existing teams and create new ones
  • Money to get extra time and budget for their games
  • Money to get way bigger marketing support
  • Money to make movies, tv shows and anime of their IPs
  • Key data from all games published on PS by everybody including direct 3rd party competition, including the ones to be published in the next few years
  • Internal tech, data, support and know how from other Sony dev teams
  • No longer have to pay the 30%, devkits, testkits, etc. on PS
  • No longer have to handle PR, CM, marketing, CS, QA, localization and many other stuff that now Sony would handle for them
Oh get real lmao, battered wives syndrome just never ends with you guys.
You are the one who should get real and start accepting facts instead of believing fanboy fantasies that go against facts.

I mean....did Activision need MS? (That's somewhat an honest question) You never know what's gonna happen these days.
The controversies were heavily affecting the stocks so the best options for the key shareholders to sell to someone who would pay at the pre-controversies and that would have experience on handling/solving/hiding these controversies without firing the guys on top because themselves had a bigger same/very similar case in the past and did it. So MS was the perfect choice to acquire them.

They wasn't but they are now. They've successfully revived Cyberpunk. The CP show was a massive success. The CP2077 DLC comes next year. Sequel is in development. 2 Witcher games are in development

They don't need Sony for anything.
image.png

The Cyberpunk 2077 release disaster destroyed the market valuation of CD Projekt. It was 44.3M PLN (now it's $9.4B, back then were more) just before the release, it's 12.4M PLN ($2.6B). Key shareholders pretty likely would like to sell the company while still continues overvalued but pretty likely nobody wants to buy it because thinks that CDP continues to be overvalued and that needs to fire and replace a good chunk of their management and change the company culture.

Pretty likely the least interested on acquiring them is Sony, who had to remove the game of their store, something they never had to do before, due to its bad quality.

CDP doesn't own any IP, so for any big publisher remotely interested on them it would be better to buy other Polish studio or create a new one there and hire the interesting individuals from them and put them under capable managers instead of overpaying and to keep releasing shitty console ports as they did until now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
All official (verified) Nintendo and Xbox accounts stopped following Square Enix on Twitter!

I would see them if they would still follow them because I also following Xbox and Nintendo (Japan, Europe, America). Asked a friend he also confirmed, so no glitch!

The only one who is following is Sony, Playstation and Sony execs. 👀👀👀

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
All official (verified) Nintendo and Xbox accounts stopped following Square Enix on Twitter!

I would see them if they would still follow them because I also following Xbox and Nintendo (Japan, Europe, America). Asked a friend he also confirmed, so no glitch!

Woah can you prove that?

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Would be cool if you could show it some way.... as @Dabaus says.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
  • brain
P

peter42O

I wasn’t talking about who they follow lol, the fact Xbox and Nintendo stopped following them. They were definitely following them.

They have a million followers. You would have to go through all of it to see because doing a search won't work as when you scroll down, more followers will load. They both could be at the end of the list. lol

And even if that's the case, could mean nothing or for Xbox, it could mean that they fucked up their twitter account again. lol

You really want Square Enix don't you??? lol

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
They have a million followers. You would have to go through all of it to see because doing a search won't work as when you scroll down, more followers will load. They both could be at the end of the list. lol

And even if that's the case, could mean nothing or for Xbox, it could mean that they fucked up their twitter account again. lol

You really want Square Enix don't you??? lol

I have literally told you how to filter it easy lol.

1. Follow Xbox and one of Nintendo official accounts

2. Tap in the section “Followers you know” and you would see them, if they were followers of Square Enix.

And I don’t believe you are following 1 million people lol.

Yeah I am all in for this acquisition, got a problem with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
P

peter42O

I have literally told you how to filter it easy lol.

1. Follow Xbox and one of Nintendo official accounts

2. Tap in the section “Followers you know” and you would see them, if they were followers of Square Enix.

And I don’t believe you are following 1 million people lol.

Yeah I am all in for this acquisition, got a problem with that?

I follow Xbox and all that comes up is Game Pass under SE. SE has 1m followers.

Not at all. In fact, I want Sony to acquire SE. First, PlayStation fans can stop complaining about consolidation and all this bullshit, second, I'll get full exclusives out of the deal instead of "timed" games, third, Sony can fix them up since SE doesn't know what they're doing and fourth, if Microsoft ever acquires a Japanese publisher, all I want is Capcom. Sony can literally acquire everyone else in Japan and you wouldn't hear a peep out of me. lmao

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022

Not at all. In fact, I want Sony to acquire SE. First, PlayStation fans can stop complaining about consolidation and all this bullshit, second, I'll get full exclusives out of the deal instead of "timed" games, third, Sony can fix them up since SE doesn't know what they're doing and fourth, if Microsoft ever acquires a Japanese publisher, all I want is Capcom. Sony can literally acquire everyone else in Japan and you wouldn't hear a peep out of me. lmao
Oof again:

You don’t have to check all followers. It doesn’t matter if they have 1 million or more. There is a section (for the third time) “Followers you know”. If you do follow all official Xbox accounts and for example Nintendo, you would see them under the section gosh.

Look at the picture, this section you need to tap to filter.

Huh you say: “PlayStation fans can stop complaining about consolidation and all this bullshit” but wishing in the same turn for Microsoft to acquire another publisher with Capcom. Your logic is ridiculous lol.

P

peter42O

Oof again:

You don’t have to check all followers. It doesn’t matter if they have 1 million or more. There is a section (for the third time) “Followers you know”. If you do follow all official Xbox accounts and for example Nintendo, you would see them under the section gosh.

Look at the picture, this section you need to tap to filter.

I know. I said all that's listed is Xbox Game Pass twitter account. Xbox isn't there.

Huh you say: “PlayStation fans can stop complaining about consolidation and all this bullshit” but wishing in the same turn for Microsoft to acquire another publisher with Capcom. Your logic is ridiculous lol.

LMAO. Hahaha. Caught on to that huh? lol

Joking aside, if Microsoft were to ever acquire a Japanese publisher, I personally only want Capcom because they have a lot of IP's and games that are of interest to me. Square Enix outside of Final Fantasy don't have anything since they sold off Crystal and Eidos, Sega unless they give me Binary Domain 2 is worthless to me, Konami is still dead in my eyes until they prove otherwise and for any others out there that im missing - MEH. lol

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I know. I said all that's listed is Xbox Game Pass twitter account. Xbox isn't there.

LMAO. Hahaha. Caught on to that huh? lol

Joking aside, if Microsoft were to ever acquire a Japanese publisher, I personally only want Capcom because they have a lot of IP's and games that are of interest to me. Square Enix outside of Final Fantasy don't have anything since they sold off Crystal and Eidos, Sega unless they give me Binary Domain 2 is worthless to me, Konami is still dead in my eyes until they prove otherwise and for any others out there that im missing - MEH. lol
You wish so. Microsoft will never get a Japanese publisher lol.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022

Ms and Capcom? Bleh. I'd rather MS give Killer Instinct a real try instead of see Capcom succumb to that prior track record of studio mismanagement by MS. Did that make sense?

P

peter42O

You wish so. Microsoft will never get a Japanese publisher lol.

Probably not. But wishing for Capcom sure as hell can't hurt. lol

Ms and Capcom? Bleh. I'd rather MS give Killer Instinct a real try instead of see Capcom succumb to that prior track record of studio. Did that make sense?

Microsoft should bring back KI either way. Capcom is the only Japanese publisher that I have any major interest in. Otherwise, meh. Don't really care.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Probably not. But wishing for Capcom sure as hell can't hurt. lol

Microsoft should bring back KI either way. Capcom is the only Japanese publisher that I have any major interest in. Otherwise, meh. Don't really care.
But I mean wouldn't Sony be a better fit especially considering EVO slant? Do you mean you want to see Capcom better infrastructure, or specifically MS?

• brain
P

peter42O

But I mean wouldn't Sony be a better fit especially considering EVO slant? Do you mean you want to see Capcom better infrastructure, or specifically MS?

I agree that Sony would be the better fit for Capcom similar to how Microsoft was the better fit for Bethesda. Capcom has a great infrastructure. Any issues Capcom has is minor at most. I only say Microsoft because Capcom is the only Japanese publisher that I have any real major interest in due to them having a lot of IP's and games that im interested in playing and with Microsoft, I get them on Game Pass day one.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Many often forget that Sony and Namco own Dimps, who make all of Capcoms fighting games..... so anyone else buying them kinda hurts them.

It would be complicated I think for anyone to buy them anyway with family heavily involved.

P

peter42O

Many often forget that Sony and Namco own Dimps, who make all of Capcoms fighting games..... so anyone else buying them kinda hurts them.

It would be complicated I think for anyone to buy them anyway with family heavily involved.

Never heard of Dimps until now and just looked them up. They don't appear to be working on SF 6 according to their wikipedia page.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I agree that Sony would be the better fit for Capcom similar to how Microsoft was the better fit for Bethesda. Capcom has a great infrastructure. Any issues Capcom has is minor at most. I only say Microsoft because Capcom is the only Japanese publisher that I have any real major interest in due to them having a lot of IP's and games that im interested in playing and with Microsoft, I get them on Game Pass day one.
interesting... what of Capcom's PSVR efforts? If MS owned Capcom would you view that as Sony doing too litlle too late? Or would ou expect MS to try to force multiplatform on Sony by publishing games with IP power, rather than trying to get GP onto rival consoles? Not sure that made much sense, do you see what I mean?