Spider-Man 2 Announced for PC

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
You are about to not get any more Xbox and you think this take is sound 😂

Xbox isn't going anywhere. Nadella didn't shut it all down when he had the chance in Fall 2017 and 7 years later after acquiring Bethesda and ABK, if anything, it's cemented that Xbox isn't going anywhere. Xbox dying or it's dead are from those who know it's alive, well and not going anywhere. Those who say that stuff do so because they fear it. When you don't fear something or believe that it's actually don't, you don't need to say a word because you know. It's like sports. I don't need to shit on the teams that are worse than my favorite team because why would I need to do that when I know my team is better? It's the same scenario here.

People think that porting games to Nintendo/Sony will kill Xbox when in reality, it's going to make it better because Microsoft will now get even more money than before and put into Xbox, mainly Game Pass which is their true exclusive. Not only that but think about this - if Microsoft acquires more studios/publishers which I do believe that they will but they say when the acquisition is announced that all the games are multi-platform, what would the argument be against it from anyone including regulators? "Oh, I don't like it" - That's not a legitimate or valid reason. You would ask yourself what the benefit/positive would be for Xbox fans for those such as myself and the answer is easy and simple. Under Microsoft, they would be day one on Game Pass and not go anywhere.

Eventually, there will be so many games and content that even at $20 a month, it becomes a massive steal for the gamer/consumer on Xbox. Sure, the hardcore nut jobs would leave but they would get evened out by those who aren't nut jobs and just want to play games on Game Pass without spending a shit ton of money.

While majority believe that porting games to Nintendo/Sony platforms will kill off Xbox, I actually believe it will be the opposite because it's going to make Xbox bigger as a platform. Not about the console itself which will sell it's 50m or so give or take but im talking the platform and eco-system itself which would include Nintendo/Sony and thus, make Microsoft even bigger than they already are and make them the dominant publisher in the industry. Even more so if/when they acquire more.

On a related note, Sony is going in the same direction but as always are five years behind Microsoft. They're ramping up their PC ports to eventually be day one which I believe will be before PlayStation 6 gets announced. They obviously allowed MLB to be multi-platform as well as Bungie remaining multi-platform and even developed the Lego Horizon Adventures game for Switch which was probably contracted 3-4 years ago, long before Microsoft made the decision to go multi-platform even though both were, have been, are and will continue to be multi-platform regardless of those who are on Xbox or PlayStation like it or not.

As long as I personally get what I want which I have, I am currently and considering the fact that I have a 15+ game roadmap out of 20+ announced games that I want to play, I have zero worries or concerns. And if that means Microsoft ports their games to Nintendo/Sony platform, by all means, they can give both of those platforms their games day one and it's fine by me because im getting what I want and people on other platforms playing Microsoft's first party games isn't going to change that whatsoever. 😂

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
Xbox isn't going anywhere.

As a games publisher? No. As a gaming console? At very least you aren't getting another traditional console either in form factor or business model.

Those who say that stuff do so because they fear it. When you don't fear something or believe that it's actually don't, you don't need to say a word because you know. It's like sports. I don't need to shit on the teams that are worse than my favorite team because why would I need to do that when I know my team is better? It's the same scenario here.

In what ways are Xbox better than PlayStation or Nintendo, or Valve for that matter, as a gaming platform OR a publisher that doesn't involve parent side Microsoft Gaming begging Microsoft Corp to give them money for buying 3P publishers, and claiming the efforts of those 3P as theirs now?

Truth is, there are none. They haven't proven it yet post-acquisitions. They still have to earn the title of "being better" through merit of their own, which depends on actions taken after getting pieces in place.

Not only that but think about this - if Microsoft acquires more studios/publishers which I do believe that they will but they say when the acquisition is announced that all the games are multi-platform, what would the argument be against it from anyone including regulators? "Oh, I don't like it" - That's not a legitimate or valid reason. You would ask yourself what the benefit/positive would be for Xbox fans for those such as myself and the answer is easy and simple. Under Microsoft, they would be day one on Game Pass and not go anywhere.

They're not going to be able to buy another large publisher even if they stopped making consoles, not at least for a good 15 years (maybe longer). Reasons being:

1: Regulators DO care if a single company is consolidating large amounts of industry IP and revenue segments, regardless if that company makes a console​
2: CMA & EC already forced MS to make concessions w/ ABK due to cloud gaming. Game Pass is still a subscription services gaming platform. Xcloud is still a part of it. So guess what still remains that would be an issue for regulators, especially if the cloud gaming market grows in the next few years?​
3: If cloud gaming and subscriptions continue to stagnate or lose market share, that is even less reason for Microsoft to leverage those as factors into buying a 3P publisher​
4: The public antics and politicized legal mudslinging Microsoft engaged in with buying ABK, not to mention confidential financial & company information all parties involved were forced to reveal (which in some cases got leaked to the public), was a turn-off for many 3P, especially Asian companies, who prefer business affairs be handled more discretely & professionally. Microsoft made themselves look very unprofessional in how they tried getting support to buy ABK and these companies still remember that. Why would they want to risk going through similar theatrics only for a deal to potentially fall apart near the end? It'd be that 3P suffering the brunt of a failed deal, not Microsoft.​
5: Microsoft have already made drastic changes to their games division in an effort to recoup costs on Zenimax & ABK. Since they're focused on boosting profits, logic would dictate that they won't consider these acquisitions "paid off" until they at least recoup the spending costs in net profits. That is going to take a while, a LONG while with ABK ($75 billion). They are expecting Microsoft Gaming to contribute most in this area, since the acquisitions were done as favors for that division.​
That being the case, it makes zero sense for Microsoft to sink even more costs into a publisher (even a modest-sized one) when they already have to make back for Zenimax & ABK​
6: Microsoft's main arguments for buying Zenimax & ABK is that they needed more studios to compete with PlayStation. This was predicated on their home console. Regulators can see how sales for Xbox Series have practically died in spite of Microsoft having purchased both Zenimax and ABK, so that theory behind Microsoft's argument would appear to be inept/broken.​
If Microsoft are pulling out of the traditional home console market (or at least heavily scaling Xbox hardware back in volume within said market), that's a talking point they can no longer leverage with regulators, post-Zenimax & ABK. They'd have to try for another but nothing else would really work. They need 3P pubs to compete against PlayStation's cloud platform? Cloud as a market segment is still very small and SIE can just argue that they aren't even the largest player in that segment. MS need 3P to compete in subscriptions? Regulators will just ask why ABK games like COD in Game Pass didn't provide a boost, and why would games smaller than COD & TES somehow make them more competitive?​
I could go on and on here but you get the point (hopefully).​
7: Regulators are going to start focusing on the total revenue within the market and zero in on what revenue companies like ABK were making pre-acquisition, vs what they are bringing in post-acquisition under a new parent company. If things like software unit sales & revenue drop post-acquisition (which at least with revenue, seems to be the case with ABK), regulators can just say that the market revenue is being negatively impacted.​
Lower market revenues mean certain investors invest less within the market, which means less funding for games, leading to less games & more compromised games, which hurts consumers. What people are expecting in these acquisitions is that combined revenue & profits INCREASE post-acquisition, and do so in a way where it'd clearly seem better than if both companies remained independent. That's at least one of the things they look for, anyway.​

So yeah, there are quite a lot of reasons why MS buying up more publishers at least (especially another major publisher) likely will not go so well for them. And I haven't even gotten to the objections companies like Amazon, Google & Meta would bring up!

Eventually, there will be so many games and content that even at $20 a month, it becomes a massive steal for the gamer/consumer on Xbox. Sure, the hardcore nut jobs would leave but they would get evened out by those who aren't nut jobs and just want to play games on Game Pass without spending a shit ton of money.

While majority believe that porting games to Nintendo/Sony platforms will kill off Xbox, I actually believe it will be the opposite because it's going to make Xbox bigger as a platform. Not about the console itself which will sell it's 50m or so give or take but im talking the platform and eco-system itself which would include Nintendo/Sony and thus, make Microsoft even bigger than they already are and make them the dominant publisher in the industry. Even more so if/when they acquire more.

This reads a lot like delusion and again, regarding future acquisition, you should REALLY read and think about the seven points I mentioned above. That's not going to be the rose garden future you seem to think it'll be (oh and I didn't even touch on the layoffs (along with their timing & influencing factors) which would hurt MS in buying future 3P studios & publishers either).

On a related note, Sony is going in the same direction but as always are five years behind Microsoft. They're ramping up their PC ports to eventually be day one which I believe will be before PlayStation 6 gets announced. They obviously allowed MLB to be multi-platform as well as Bungie remaining multi-platform and even developed the Lego Horizon Adventures game for Switch which was probably contracted 3-4 years ago, long before Microsoft made the decision to go multi-platform even though both were, have been, are and will continue to be multi-platform regardless of those who are on Xbox or PlayStation like it or not.

You say this as if Microsoft are leading the way, but the cold truth is Microsoft had to spend almost $85 billion dollars just to remain relevant in gaming, so who was really behind between them and Sony? As for Sony following their path WRT multiplatform-ism, well I'm not going to pretend they aren't. But I'm also not going to pretend it's a smart decision.

Like Microsoft, Sony are making a mistake in their approach to such a strategy, and like Microsoft they are going to suffer for it. What's more, unlike Microsoft, Sony don't have their own vested interests in the PC market (no Windows OS, no DirectX SDK & API suite, no monopoly partnership with PC OEMs, etc.), and they don't have other main pillars that dwarf their gaming one, the way Microsoft does with Azure, Office etc. And more telling, Sony don't have $85 billion sitting around to buy up major 3P publishers to boost their gaming division's portfolio. Hell, they didn't even want to buy smaller publishers for maybe $3 - $6 billion when the timing was ideal, and the only "publisher" they did buy was Bungie due to their misguided hyper-aggressive focus on GAAS.

So Sony eventually leading into a path that Microsoft fell face-first into is going to likely hurt Sony Corp a lot harder than it did Microsoft Corp, because the home console gaming market is a lot more critical for Sony than Microsoft. Yet, it's Sony's own home console they stand to compromise the most with what I feel, is an inept and rather foolish multiplatform games strategy.

It’s almost as if Sony cares more about making money than console warz? I rather them make money than cater to the toxic minority.

I'd rather you try coming up with an original thought than cater towards using buzzwords haphazardly to mask a poor talking point.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Never heard of corporate politics or lobbying, I see.
Anything you can't comprehend, you just label as "conspiracy theory". LOL
We know the reason for the meeting, we know it was to see if there could be a partnership for Azure services, nothing came of it at the end of the day. Sony chose AWS for it's cloud provider. Why invent a conspiracy theory that Sony sold out?

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
As a games publisher? No. As a gaming console? At very least you aren't getting another traditional console either in form factor or business model.

I don't believe the rumors for the next console having Steam/Epic available on it. I think that's wishful thinking. The main reason why I don't see this happening is due to publishers putting their games on Steam which in turn means that they wouldn't have to port an actual Xbox version of their games to the console which in turn means that Microsoft wouldn't be getting the 30% cut that they currently get. Valve would be getting the cut. Unless Microsoft would be getting 30% or better, I don't see any of this happening plus what's in it for Valve? I don't see Gabe even bothering with any of this shit simply because he doesn't have to. Console is already set for next gen. If they were going to leave consoles behind, why would Microsoft waste money and time releasing the newer models for Series X/S that just released? There's really no point in doing that if you were leaving. I don't believe that Microsoft will eliminate the consoles because their entire direction is Game Pass which is built mostly around the consoles. Eliminate the consoles and they eliminate the vast majority of Game Pass subscribers which they're not going to do. Their next generation console I believe will simply be a more high powered console that retails for $800. I also believe that they will have a portable handheld for $500. I see Sony doing exactly the same at the same prices but in Fall 2028 while Microsoft targets Fall 2026 which is the smarter decision for Microsoft. Learn from Nintendo, stop going head to head and do your own shit instead.

In what ways are Xbox better than PlayStation or Nintendo, or Valve for that matter, as a gaming platform OR a publisher that doesn't involve parent side Microsoft Gaming begging Microsoft Corp to give them money for buying 3P publishers, and claiming the efforts of those 3P as theirs now?

Truth is, there are none. They haven't proven it yet post-acquisitions. They still have to earn the title of "being better" through merit of their own, which depends on actions taken after getting pieces in place.

Depends on who you ask and what you favor. For me, XBOX blows away PlayStation and it's not even close. First, I have Game Pass. I'm a subscription guy. I don't care about ownership or collections. I just want to play and complete the game and then move on to my next new game. I don't need to replay a single player game that's one and done because that's what they all are just to justify why I purchased it. The game isn't going to change the second or third time I play it. Getting all of Microsoft's games day one on Game Pass Ultimate is huge for me because it's less money that I have to spend which as a consumer first, that actually benefits me in turn as a gamer.

PlayStation fanboys/extremists are so full of shit when they say they buy games. Really? 60m+ PS5 owners and Astro Bot only sold a few million? What happened to the other 55m+ of you guys? You all forgot to show up. Sad part is that the Xbox guy (me!!) showed up day one and digitally too. No physical discount here. The truth is that unless it's a major top tier Sony game, COD, Hogwarts Legacy, Rockstar/From Software/CDPR, most games don't sell shit because majority of actual normal consumers don't want to buy them or buy the 2-3 games a year which are live service and just stay with them.

Second, I'll get one or two third party games day one on Game Pass Ultimate which saves me even more money which yes, is what I care about. The only thing more important to me than money is health and time. Gaming is an expensive luxury. Not a necessity so if I can save a lot of money, why wouldn't I do that? It's not my job to support any company including Microsoft. Let all their execs figure all that shit out. Third, as of now, Ubisoft+ is only on Xbox console wise. I'm a Ubisoft guy so to be able to play their games for what is basically a $20 monthly rental instead of buying them even when on sale for $30 is another huge benefit to me. Fourth, free cloud saves. This literally has saved me multiple times. I'm not paying Sony $10 a month like a jackass just so I can upload a save file. You gotta be kidding me.

Fifth, and this one is huge for me. I can use the Xbox One controller which is my best controller and favorite controller of all time. Feels great, responsive, good sizing for my hands, no stupid grooves and stubble on the back, analog sticks where they should be, better directional pad and best of all, no stupid lame ass gimmicks that I don't give two shits about and I don't care what company does it. Just give me a regular normal standard controller. That's all I ask for. Sixth, a good refund policy which is 6 games a year. Sometimes, I want to tryout a game but if I don't like it or if it's just broken to where it's enjoyable to play at all, I want to have the ability to refund because why should I get stuck with the game after 15 minutes? Makes no sense.

Seventh and this applies to why Microsoft is the best publisher in the industry. Live service games. I'm not a live service guy and while Sony will continue to chase that shit because they want another cash cow to go with Destiny, Microsoft is already set in this regard. Doesn't matter if it's their own games like Halo Infinite, Forza games, Sea of Thieves or from ABK/Bethesda, they are set with gaining massive recurring revenue on a monthly basis and unless every single one of them dies out which isn't going to happen, this will not only keep their consoles alive and well but also, allow them to do what all of you guys want Sony to do - concentrate on single player games. Microsoft has a 20 game roadmap. 12 of them are purely single player. No co-op/multi-player while 5 more have a single player campaign attached to it (Gears E-Day, COD, etc.).

So while majority tout exclusivity and all of this shit from previous generations, Microsoft barely ever had anything for me where as now, they have too much. This generation blows away the previous three combined for me. If people actually were to get their heads out of their ass and actually look at what Microsoft offers with Xbox, they would realize that holy shit, it's pretty good over here.

Back to when I said PlayStation has nothing for me. Let me clarify it. Outside of their first party games and an exclusivity game deal here and there, they have nothing for me. I have no incentive whatsoever to make PlayStation my primary gaming console and moving forward, I probably never will. There's just nothing there and outside of the bulky size of the controller, im not a fan of the dual sense. I prefer the analog stick setup on Xbox, I fucking despise the touch pad which is nothing more than an oversized world map button and I don't care about the adaptive triggers or vibration garbage which Xbox already had last generation albeit to a lesser extent but I turn all of this off at a system menu level.

Just remembered, I also have Backwards Compatibility on Xbox that Sony outside of PS4 doesn't offer. I'm not subscribing to Plus just so I can stream a PS one game like Dino Crisis. Let me buy the damn thing. I played through all the Halo games via BC and Bulletstorm.

In general, what I said is true. If PlayStation is SO MOTHER FUCKING GREAT, why do so many people here constantly talk about XBOX? Like, why? When you need to bash the other side, that just tells me that your preferred platform isn't all that it's cracked up to be because if it was, these same people would actually talk about what they prefer instead of creating topics every fucking day about the company, platform and brand that they don't give a shit about.

When I know my shit is better, I don't need to lower myself to bash the other sides. While Sony's first party games are usually great for me, they don't have anything else of interest for me. There's no real benefit or incentive to play on PlayStation all the time. There just isn't. But do you ever see me shit on Sony or PlayStation? No you don't because I don't need to. For me, Xbox is far superior so why would I waste my time posting topics and tweets and posts about what is the inferior platform in my eyes? Like, what's the point in doing that? It changes nothing. lol

I'm the XBOX guy here and im more happy with the PlayStation 5 and the games that Sony has given me thus far and will continue to give me than probably 95% of people on this forum who are supposed to be PlayStation fans but you sure as hell wouldn't know it by going through the topics and whatnot.

They're not going to be able to buy another large publisher even if they stopped making consoles, not at least for a good 15 years (maybe longer). Reasons being:

All im going to say in regards to future acquisitions, Microsoft is already a $3T dollar company that will eventually get to $4T and so on. Just a matter of time. Studios won't matter as they go through very quickly. But publisher wise, investors and shareholders want the best deal and by law they have to accept the best deal. They want their money. If Microsoft acquires say Ubisoft since they're having a shit ton of issues and when they do, announce that all the games will be everywhere which in turn means that you're losing nothing as a PlayStation fan and don't say that they're better off being independent because the reality is that they're not because they've already fucked up so many times that it wouldn't matter if a Microsoft acquired them. Plus, no one is losing anything. You still get all the games so what's the issue? Oh, I don't like it because at the end of the day, that's ALL it boils down to. It has nothing to do with anything else. It's "oh, I hate Microsoft, WTF?" They shouldn't have them but IF it was their favorite company, then it's okay?

I see people here bitching about a marketing deal for Metaphor and the way the advertising is setup yet Sony has done this exact same mother fucking thing for decades. No one seems to mind that but the moment it's NOT their FAVORITE doing it, it's somehow bad when the reality is that it's exactly the same fucking shit on both sides.

Once Microsoft got ABK for $70B, a future acquisition of let's say $10B isn't going to raise any flags or anything because it's small in comparison and since regulators already passed a massive deal, they're not going to waste money, time and resources on a small acquisition in comparison plus unless it's a Sony or Nintendo, it's not direct competition so I don't see regulators stopping it.

This reads a lot like delusion and again, regarding future acquisition, you should REALLY read and think about the seven points I mentioned above. That's not going to be the rose garden future you seem to think it'll be (oh and I didn't even touch on the layoffs (along with their timing & influencing factors) which would hurt MS in buying future 3P studios & publishers either).

Even if Microsoft doesn't acquire anything, im still geting a lot of games that they already have coming. On a pure value/money standpoint, I have 15 games out of 20 that I want to play. Let's say those 15 games are $70 each. That's $1050. Why would I spend that for games that will be a one and done for me? Buying the console and subscribing to Game Pass would be far cheaper for me at least. Granted, not everyone is going to be interested in as many games as I am but IF they do eventually acquire more, the value proposition simply becomes too fucking good to pass up. For me, it's already too good to pass up and even if Microsoft ports the games to PlayStation, unless it's day one, I have to wait and I don't want to wait to play games that im super hyped to play through.

It wouldn't be perfect and yeah, there would be layoffs but oh well. I'm someone that doesn't give a shit about any of this. Also, Sony has laid off a lot of people too. I don't see anyone bitching about that though. Funny. And Microsoft employs a few hundred thousand people so yeah, their layoffs will be higher but that makes sense because of how many people they have to begin with. Back to what I said about not giving a shit, I don't care. I only care about what benefits me. If you get let go from your job tomorrow, is anyone here helping you? Is anyone who lost their job helping you? Is Sony helping you? The answer to all of that is NO. I worry about myself and what's best for me. Not people that I don't know, have never met, never will and obviously have enough talent and skills that they should easily be able to land on their feet very quickly unless they're just a straight out fucking bitch/asshole or have some kind of agenda that companies will stay away from.

You say this as if Microsoft are leading the way, but the cold truth is Microsoft had to spend almost $85 billion dollars just to remain relevant in gaming, so who was really behind between them and Sony? As for Sony following their path WRT multiplatform-ism, well I'm not going to pretend they aren't. But I'm also not going to pretend it's a smart decision.

Like Microsoft, Sony are making a mistake in their approach to such a strategy, and like Microsoft they are going to suffer for it. What's more, unlike Microsoft, Sony don't have their own vested interests in the PC market (no Windows OS, no DirectX SDK & API suite, no monopoly partnership with PC OEMs, etc.), and they don't have other main pillars that dwarf their gaming one, the way Microsoft does with Azure, Office etc. And more telling, Sony don't have $85 billion sitting around to buy up major 3P publishers to boost their gaming division's portfolio. Hell, they didn't even want to buy smaller publishers for maybe $3 - $6 billion when the timing was ideal, and the only "publisher" they did buy was Bungie due to their misguided hyper-aggressive focus on GAAS.

So Sony eventually leading into a path that Microsoft fell face-first into is going to likely hurt Sony Corp a lot harder than it did Microsoft Corp, because the home console gaming market is a lot more critical for Sony than Microsoft. Yet, it's Sony's own home console they stand to compromise the most with what I feel, is an inept and rather foolish multiplatform games strategy.

Microsoft leads the way more times than not. Xbox live, hard drive, ethernet port, xbox live arcade, achievements, games with gold, all digital, always online, etc. Everything they've done, Sony copies. And the only thing I would say that Sony has done better is trophies which are better than achievements. But everything else, they've copied. The latest one. Porting their games to PC a few years after Microsoft started it. Just a matter of time until Sony is day one. People thinking that they will end porting to PC or backtrack are truly those that are delusional because like him or hate him, Jim Ryan told everyone the truth years ago when he said "you 20m aren't enough". He wasn't lying.

You say that Microsoft made a mistake with PC and Sony is doing the same but I disagree because if you subtract PC for Microsoft, their console sales would still be where they are. They fucked up too many times and pivoted too many times to get back to even being close to Xbox 360. It's NOT happening. Subtracting PC, their games would do even worse not that they ever did amazing even on Xbox 360 and they wouldn't have the player counts that they want. Expanding to PC was the right move because ignoring an audience of 132m (as of this past June) potential customers is honestly just fucking stupid. And granted, they're not getting all of them but if you come away with even 5%, that's growth that you're going to get on console.

Same applies to Sony. Their console will sell around 120m if they're lucky. That's NOT growth. That's stagnation. That's retaining what they've had. Going to PC day one will lose some people but thinking that it will be tens of millions isn't going to happen. Those who prefer consoles (like me) aren't going anywhere. Those who jump to PC were probably already considering doing so which means that you were probably going to lose them at some point anyway and those who are currently on PC and will never go to console, you'll never get them regardless of what you do.

For acquisitions, it's makes more sense for Microsoft than Sony. First, they obviously have way more money but second, their business model is subscription based which doesn't apply to Sony and when you have a subscription, you need games and content on a consistent basis to feed that subscription service.

Sony going to PC let's be honest only hurts the extremists assholes (same applies to Xbox psychos) that want bragging rights and that's it. It's not going to hurt or change regular normal people who own a PlayStation and prefer to play games on it because it's streamlined, way easier and simpler. So while they might lose some people, they'll gain much more because they'll be growing the IP's which long term is exactly what you want to do. Every console fucking dies at some point. But the IP's don't. You can build up the IP's so three consoles later, that IP is still thriving and perhaps still growing. Staying behind a walled garden that basically has an expiration date makes no logical sense because unless Sony supports it forever, you have to move on and keeping the IP's strong and valuable is what matters.

Also, people should think of this - these companies are trillion and hundred billion dollar companies. We're on a forum or twitter or whatever jerking ourselves off thinking we know it all yet don't know shit because if we did, we would be the ones running the companies. The companies fuck up from time to time just like everyone does but for the most part, they all know what they're doing in order to maximize their revenue and more importantly their profits. It's why they're as successful as they are. Not only that but all the companies including Microsoft with Xbox and Sony with PlayStation are going to do what they want to do. You can either stay for the ride no matter what (like I do) or you can jump out and take your chances elsewhere.

For me, gaming is a hobby and form of entertainment. I don't take any of this seriously because these companies aren't listening to us and honestly, why would they? It's like driving and you have that beat seat driver telling you how to drive and it's like, well, if you knew better you would be in my seat but you're not. All I care about is getting great or better games from both Microsoft and Sony (as well as third party companies) and to be perfectly honest, outside of a mediocre Redfall and disappointing Hellblade 2, Microsoft has done better for me this generation than the last three generations combined. Sony has also given me great games and haven't really missed at all for me thus far and are way better now on PS5 than what I personally had in the first four years of PS4.

I'll leave it at that as it's time for me to get back to COD MW II so I can wrap up the campaign and be ready for Black Ops 6 this coming Friday. :)

Reactions: R4tion4l Sk3pt1c

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
I don't believe the rumors for the next console having Steam/Epic available on it. I think that's wishful thinking. The main reason why I don't see this happening is due to publishers putting their games on Steam which in turn means that they wouldn't have to port an actual Xbox version of their games to the console which in turn means that Microsoft wouldn't be getting the 30% cut that they currently get. Valve would be getting the cut. Unless Microsoft would be getting 30% or better, I don't see any of this happening plus what's in it for Valve? I don't see Gabe even bothering with any of this shit simply because he doesn't have to. Console is already set for next gen. If they were going to leave consoles behind, why would Microsoft waste money and time releasing the newer models for Series X/S that just released? There's really no point in doing that if you were leaving. I don't believe that Microsoft will eliminate the consoles because their entire direction is Game Pass which is built mostly around the consoles. Eliminate the consoles and they eliminate the vast majority of Game Pass subscribers which they're not going to do. Their next generation console I believe will simply be a more high powered console that retails for $800. I also believe that they will have a portable handheld for $500. I see Sony doing exactly the same at the same prices but in Fall 2028 while Microsoft targets Fall 2026 which is the smarter decision for Microsoft. Learn from Nintendo, stop going head to head and do your own shit instead.

Depends on who you ask and what you favor. For me, XBOX blows away PlayStation and it's not even close. First, I have Game Pass. I'm a subscription guy. I don't care about ownership or collections. I just want to play and complete the game and then move on to my next new game. I don't need to replay a single player game that's one and done because that's what they all are just to justify why I purchased it. The game isn't going to change the second or third time I play it. Getting all of Microsoft's games day one on Game Pass Ultimate is huge for me because it's less money that I have to spend which as a consumer first, that actually benefits me in turn as a gamer.

PlayStation fanboys/extremists are so full of shit when they say they buy games. Really? 60m+ PS5 owners and Astro Bot only sold a few million? What happened to the other 55m+ of you guys? You all forgot to show up. Sad part is that the Xbox guy (me!!) showed up day one and digitally too. No physical discount here. The truth is that unless it's a major top tier Sony game, COD, Hogwarts Legacy, Rockstar/From Software/CDPR, most games don't sell shit because majority of actual normal consumers don't want to buy them or buy the 2-3 games a year which are live service and just stay with them.

Second, I'll get one or two third party games day one on Game Pass Ultimate which saves me even more money which yes, is what I care about. The only thing more important to me than money is health and time. Gaming is an expensive luxury. Not a necessity so if I can save a lot of money, why wouldn't I do that? It's not my job to support any company including Microsoft. Let all their execs figure all that shit out. Third, as of now, Ubisoft+ is only on Xbox console wise. I'm a Ubisoft guy so to be able to play their games for what is basically a $20 monthly rental instead of buying them even when on sale for $30 is another huge benefit to me. Fourth, free cloud saves. This literally has saved me multiple times. I'm not paying Sony $10 a month like a jackass just so I can upload a save file. You gotta be kidding me.

Fifth, and this one is huge for me. I can use the Xbox One controller which is my best controller and favorite controller of all time. Feels great, responsive, good sizing for my hands, no stupid grooves and stubble on the back, analog sticks where they should be, better directional pad and best of all, no stupid lame ass gimmicks that I don't give two shits about and I don't care what company does it. Just give me a regular normal standard controller. That's all I ask for. Sixth, a good refund policy which is 6 games a year. Sometimes, I want to tryout a game but if I don't like it or if it's just broken to where it's enjoyable to play at all, I want to have the ability to refund because why should I get stuck with the game after 15 minutes? Makes no sense.

Seventh and this applies to why Microsoft is the best publisher in the industry. Live service games. I'm not a live service guy and while Sony will continue to chase that shit because they want another cash cow to go with Destiny, Microsoft is already set in this regard. Doesn't matter if it's their own games like Halo Infinite, Forza games, Sea of Thieves or from ABK/Bethesda, they are set with gaining massive recurring revenue on a monthly basis and unless every single one of them dies out which isn't going to happen, this will not only keep their consoles alive and well but also, allow them to do what all of you guys want Sony to do - concentrate on single player games. Microsoft has a 20 game roadmap. 12 of them are purely single player. No co-op/multi-player while 5 more have a single player campaign attached to it (Gears E-Day, COD, etc.).

So while majority tout exclusivity and all of this shit from previous generations, Microsoft barely ever had anything for me where as now, they have too much. This generation blows away the previous three combined for me. If people actually were to get their heads out of their ass and actually look at what Microsoft offers with Xbox, they would realize that holy shit, it's pretty good over here.

Back to when I said PlayStation has nothing for me. Let me clarify it. Outside of their first party games and an exclusivity game deal here and there, they have nothing for me. I have no incentive whatsoever to make PlayStation my primary gaming console and moving forward, I probably never will. There's just nothing there and outside of the bulky size of the controller, im not a fan of the dual sense. I prefer the analog stick setup on Xbox, I fucking despise the touch pad which is nothing more than an oversized world map button and I don't care about the adaptive triggers or vibration garbage which Xbox already had last generation albeit to a lesser extent but I turn all of this off at a system menu level.

Just remembered, I also have Backwards Compatibility on Xbox that Sony outside of PS4 doesn't offer. I'm not subscribing to Plus just so I can stream a PS one game like Dino Crisis. Let me buy the damn thing. I played through all the Halo games via BC and Bulletstorm.

In general, what I said is true. If PlayStation is SO MOTHER FUCKING GREAT, why do so many people here constantly talk about XBOX? Like, why? When you need to bash the other side, that just tells me that your preferred platform isn't all that it's cracked up to be because if it was, these same people would actually talk about what they prefer instead of creating topics every fucking day about the company, platform and brand that they don't give a shit about.

When I know my shit is better, I don't need to lower myself to bash the other sides. While Sony's first party games are usually great for me, they don't have anything else of interest for me. There's no real benefit or incentive to play on PlayStation all the time. There just isn't. But do you ever see me shit on Sony or PlayStation? No you don't because I don't need to. For me, Xbox is far superior so why would I waste my time posting topics and tweets and posts about what is the inferior platform in my eyes? Like, what's the point in doing that? It changes nothing. lol

I'm the XBOX guy here and im more happy with the PlayStation 5 and the games that Sony has given me thus far and will continue to give me than probably 95% of people on this forum who are supposed to be PlayStation fans but you sure as hell wouldn't know it by going through the topics and whatnot.

All im going to say in regards to future acquisitions, Microsoft is already a $3T dollar company that will eventually get to $4T and so on. Just a matter of time. Studios won't matter as they go through very quickly. But publisher wise, investors and shareholders want the best deal and by law they have to accept the best deal. They want their money. If Microsoft acquires say Ubisoft since they're having a shit ton of issues and when they do, announce that all the games will be everywhere which in turn means that you're losing nothing as a PlayStation fan and don't say that they're better off being independent because the reality is that they're not because they've already fucked up so many times that it wouldn't matter if a Microsoft acquired them. Plus, no one is losing anything. You still get all the games so what's the issue? Oh, I don't like it because at the end of the day, that's ALL it boils down to. It has nothing to do with anything else. It's "oh, I hate Microsoft, WTF?" They shouldn't have them but IF it was their favorite company, then it's okay?

I see people here bitching about a marketing deal for Metaphor and the way the advertising is setup yet Sony has done this exact same mother fucking thing for decades. No one seems to mind that but the moment it's NOT their FAVORITE doing it, it's somehow bad when the reality is that it's exactly the same fucking shit on both sides.

Once Microsoft got ABK for $70B, a future acquisition of let's say $10B isn't going to raise any flags or anything because it's small in comparison and since regulators already passed a massive deal, they're not going to waste money, time and resources on a small acquisition in comparison plus unless it's a Sony or Nintendo, it's not direct competition so I don't see regulators stopping it.

Even if Microsoft doesn't acquire anything, im still geting a lot of games that they already have coming. On a pure value/money standpoint, I have 15 games out of 20 that I want to play. Let's say those 15 games are $70 each. That's $1050. Why would I spend that for games that will be a one and done for me? Buying the console and subscribing to Game Pass would be far cheaper for me at least. Granted, not everyone is going to be interested in as many games as I am but IF they do eventually acquire more, the value proposition simply becomes too fucking good to pass up. For me, it's already too good to pass up and even if Microsoft ports the games to PlayStation, unless it's day one, I have to wait and I don't want to wait to play games that im super hyped to play through.

It wouldn't be perfect and yeah, there would be layoffs but oh well. I'm someone that doesn't give a shit about any of this. Also, Sony has laid off a lot of people too. I don't see anyone bitching about that though. Funny. And Microsoft employs a few hundred thousand people so yeah, their layoffs will be higher but that makes sense because of how many people they have to begin with. Back to what I said about not giving a shit, I don't care. I only care about what benefits me. If you get let go from your job tomorrow, is anyone here helping you? Is anyone who lost their job helping you? Is Sony helping you? The answer to all of that is NO. I worry about myself and what's best for me. Not people that I don't know, have never met, never will and obviously have enough talent and skills that they should easily be able to land on their feet very quickly unless they're just a straight out fucking bitch/asshole or have some kind of agenda that companies will stay away from.

Microsoft leads the way more times than not. Xbox live, hard drive, ethernet port, xbox live arcade, achievements, games with gold, all digital, always online, etc. Everything they've done, Sony copies. And the only thing I would say that Sony has done better is trophies which are better than achievements. But everything else, they've copied. The latest one. Porting their games to PC a few years after Microsoft started it. Just a matter of time until Sony is day one. People thinking that they will end porting to PC or backtrack are truly those that are delusional because like him or hate him, Jim Ryan told everyone the truth years ago when he said "you 20m aren't enough". He wasn't lying.

You say that Microsoft made a mistake with PC and Sony is doing the same but I disagree because if you subtract PC for Microsoft, their console sales would still be where they are. They fucked up too many times and pivoted too many times to get back to even being close to Xbox 360. It's NOT happening. Subtracting PC, their games would do even worse not that they ever did amazing even on Xbox 360 and they wouldn't have the player counts that they want. Expanding to PC was the right move because ignoring an audience of 132m (as of this past June) potential customers is honestly just fucking stupid. And granted, they're not getting all of them but if you come away with even 5%, that's growth that you're going to get on console.

Same applies to Sony. Their console will sell around 120m if they're lucky. That's NOT growth. That's stagnation. That's retaining what they've had. Going to PC day one will lose some people but thinking that it will be tens of millions isn't going to happen. Those who prefer consoles (like me) aren't going anywhere. Those who jump to PC were probably already considering doing so which means that you were probably going to lose them at some point anyway and those who are currently on PC and will never go to console, you'll never get them regardless of what you do.

For acquisitions, it's makes more sense for Microsoft than Sony. First, they obviously have way more money but second, their business model is subscription based which doesn't apply to Sony and when you have a subscription, you need games and content on a consistent basis to feed that subscription service.

Sony going to PC let's be honest only hurts the extremists assholes (same applies to Xbox psychos) that want bragging rights and that's it. It's not going to hurt or change regular normal people who own a PlayStation and prefer to play games on it because it's streamlined, way easier and simpler. So while they might lose some people, they'll gain much more because they'll be growing the IP's which long term is exactly what you want to do. Every console fucking dies at some point. But the IP's don't. You can build up the IP's so three consoles later, that IP is still thriving and perhaps still growing. Staying behind a walled garden that basically has an expiration date makes no logical sense because unless Sony supports it forever, you have to move on and keeping the IP's strong and valuable is what matters.

Also, people should think of this - these companies are trillion and hundred billion dollar companies. We're on a forum or twitter or whatever jerking ourselves off thinking we know it all yet don't know shit because if we did, we would be the ones running the companies. The companies fuck up from time to time just like everyone does but for the most part, they all know what they're doing in order to maximize their revenue and more importantly their profits. It's why they're as successful as they are. Not only that but all the companies including Microsoft with Xbox and Sony with PlayStation are going to do what they want to do. You can either stay for the ride no matter what (like I do) or you can jump out and take your chances elsewhere.

For me, gaming is a hobby and form of entertainment. I don't take any of this seriously because these companies aren't listening to us and honestly, why would they? It's like driving and you have that beat seat driver telling you how to drive and it's like, well, if you knew better you would be in my seat but you're not. All I care about is getting great or better games from both Microsoft and Sony (as well as third party companies) and to be perfectly honest, outside of a mediocre Redfall and disappointing Hellblade 2, Microsoft has done better for me this generation than the last three generations combined. Sony has also given me great games and haven't really missed at all for me thus far and are way better now on PS5 than what I personally had in the first four years of PS4.

I'll leave it at that as it's time for me to get back to COD MW II so I can wrap up the campaign and be ready for Black Ops 6 this coming Friday. :)
I really don't have anything to say about the content of this post. I mostly just wanted to acknowledge the sheer wordcount delivered by your response. Impressive to say the least.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The problem w PS going multiplat is unlike MS, MS owns the OS & they’ve acquired 4 publishers & will likely buy more publisher hoarding & owning the biggest ip gaming franchise. PS doesn’t have the ip to compete against other multiplat & that’s showing heavy w there multiplayer strategy.

If PS acquired Capcom, Square Enix & Kadokawa/Fromsoft + other notable like Arc System or Hoyoverse for Mobile then I would understand the multiplat push by PS also they would have to be more like Riot w there own PS PC launcher releasing PS games exclusively on the PS PC launcher but there not even doing that. Also if there PC port was selling 3x then on PS console it would also be understandable that even w the diminishment of the PS console the PC port itself is sponging any potential diminishment but the PC port is selling less then 5% & in some cases around 1%-3% compared to the PS console version

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
It’s almost as if Sony cares more about making money than console warz? I rather them make money than cater to the toxic minority.
I like how with this new gen people are acting exclusive games & it’s business isn’t what has made companies thrive in both profits & growth the past 20-30 years.

Nintendo continues to see higher profits & growth than Xbox & PS while double downing on exclusive games & the same can be said for Valve/Steam. Valve/Steam profits & growth comes from exclusive PC games that don’t release on console day 1 or ever + Steam games being fully exclusive such as CSGO, Deadlock, DOTA etc.

The business in platform/storefront isn’t releasing your first party on other platforms it’s on actual first party output. You can bet Nintendo first party output will be double then Switch & they’ll see a massive increase in profits. There’s a reason Netflix thrives & that’s not because there putting there shows on Disney+ it’s because Netflix double downs on exclusive shows & increases there output to charge more or monetize. Netflix double down on exclusive shows while streamlining it’s potential risk so it chooses established ip compared to new ip

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Boswollox and Puff

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I really don't have anything to say about the content of this post. I mostly just wanted to acknowledge the sheer wordcount delivered by your response. Impressive to say the least.

Haha. Thanks but that's nothing. Me and Thicc have had long legendary posts multiple times over multiple subjects. lol

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Screenshot_2024-10-20-22-50-56-078_com.android.chrome.png

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

It's great to see a few people left with common sense but even Sony doesn't care about any of that. They double, triple and quadruple down no matter how many PC flops they do.

Right after Concord, Ragnarok and Until Dawn massively flop on PC they announce the biggest and only tentpole they have left on PS5. The Pro didn't even come out yet and they're already speeding up the PC support. They have zero confidence in their platform.

Imagine investing $700 on a dying platform with no exclusives. Keep that money for something else.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
BillyZzz becoming more bold but too afraid to bet money on Sony releasing all their titles day and date with PC. $200 now and $400 back if they do.

🐔 🐔 🐔
Give me some money now and don't worry I won't run away never to be seen again when Sony goes day and date
Oh wow what an amazing bet, shut the fuck up.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Boswollox