Starfield could be biggest launch of 2023. No. 1 in the UK boxed charts

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The only stat for gamepass that is actually important is: How many NEW subscribers have joined since the game has released compared to the previous months and how many have stayed a month or 2 after.

Everything else is pure twisted poppy shit. If they don’t show those numbers or the sales numbers, it hasnt done well. It doesnt matter how many players are playing it, how many coversations or bullets have been shot. How many steam active players there are, or how many videos are viewed. None of it matters apart from sales and new subcribers
Even NEW subscribers isn't useful information, there are countless ways to get GamePass for dirt cheap. Even with the $1 trial gone, you can still get it for free with a ton of stuff, Logitech G Cloud, ROG Ally, Logitech new handheld, Samsung TVs, Discord Nitro, poptarts, chips, sodas.....the list goes on. Not to mention how you can convert years of Xbox Live Gold buy just buying 1 month of GPU, you become a "new subscriber" and then become a recurring subscriber even though you're not paying anywhere close to $17 a month. Everything about GamePass is inflated lies.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I imagine if he believes box office movies includes streaming in their revenue lol

Subscription doesn’t add revenue unless the players subscribed just for that game… so players means nothing here.
Barbie, Oppenheimer, and Mario movies might've made over 1 billion at the box office....but [insert random Netflix/Hulu movie here] has way more viewers, so it's actually the biggest movie of the year.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

His reports have been weird lately.

Using game pass/players in comparison to actual copies sold.

Now he's saying 6 players in 2 days when this also counts early access players. lol

I will never take him seriously again. It's like he has an agenda but only with this game. He lost all credibility as a sales analyst.

He needs to leave the industry ASAP.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Dring is making an ass of himself.

Somebody asked him why he was conflating sales numbers with gamepass user count.

His response was "Just popularity"

He knows how stupid this sounds and how it will open him up to future criticisms of not taking into account of popularity of f2p games.

Then he pivots to "i'm not comparing"

Whether he compared it or not is whatever, for those other games the metric he gave was sales to come to his conclusion that they did "mega numbers", but for starfield he uses a diffrent metric? Makes no sense.

While his at it, why not include how many retailers dumped there redfall copies in the trash, that way redfall could also do "mega numbers"

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
From 482.000 to 15.000 thats a really puta decline...may i say scary....

Bethesda analyst must be shitting their pants looking at this huge difference...and like

Liam Hemsworth GIF by The Roku Channel

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Final Fantasy 16 sold 31,000 and was called a flop while Starfield only sold 15,000 and it's a tremendous success celebrated by clown-analyst Dring Dring 🤡

FF16 is also back at number 16 (and number 22 last week). That will trigger that troll Sugarbitchik. Is that why she didn't show her ass yet? 😒

• FALLOUT 3 : 120.000
  • SKYRIM SE : Between 115.000 & 158.000
  • FALLOUT NEW VEGAS : 154.000
  • FALLOUT 4 : 482.000
  • FALLOUT 76 : 85.000
  • STARFIELD : 15.000

Usually they compare the sales with the previous studio release but this time they are silent about it ("a drop of %" or "X% of the last"). Just Diablo 4 which is random and irrelevant.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Dabaus

Nathandw9

9 Sep 2023
Final Fantasy 16 sold 31,000 and was called a flop while Starfield only sold 15,000 and it's a tremendous success celebrated by clown-analyst Dring Dring 🤡

FF16 is also back at number 16 (and number 22 last week). That will trigger that troll Sugarbitchik. Is that why she didn't show her ass yet? 😒

Usually they compare the sales with the previous studio release but this time they are silent about it ("a drop of %" or "X% of the last"). Just Diablo 4 which is random and irrelevant.
Yeah look at how Chris reported ff16 sales too for its first week. He called it not strong and compared it to ff15’s launch with it being 74% lower. But now he’s spinning starfield’s ~15k launch which is way below other Bethesda titles and is making huge assumptions that this will be similar to Diablo 4? Like why?

There is no correlation between Diablo 4’s launch and Starfield’s. Starfield may be a bigger launch than ff16 fully because of pc sales but I don’t see this as a behemoth like Hogwarts legacy, Diablo 4 or Zelda from this year. It’s strange he’s jumped to conclusions without having the digital data, taking in the factors and he has also no information on Gamepass to outright call it the biggest launch of 2023.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
I will never take him seriously again. It's like he has an agenda but only with this game. He lost all credibility as a sales analyst.

He needs to leave the industry ASAP.
Chris calling fanboys sensitive while he himself is sensitive is some funny shit. I can't recall the article that Chris wrote a while back but it did riled up the Xbox fans to the point where they attack Chris it made him re-edit the article to appeased them. Ever since then Chris been pandering here and there to the Xbox base so that he won't get attack again. These journos have zero spine and are quick to break to the fanboys.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Chris calling fanboys sensitive while he himself is sensitive is some funny shit. I can't recall the article that Chris wrote a while back but it did riled up the Xbox fans to the point where they attack Chris it made him re-edit the article to appeased them. Ever since then Chris been pandering here and there to the Xbox base so that he won't get attack again. These journos have zero spine and are quick to break to the fanboys.
Came here to say exactly this. He let Xbot pressure get to him and now he's bending over backwards to be inclusive. The industry will be better off when Xbox is dead and buried and the media should be working to hurry this certain outcome along.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah look at how Chris reported ff16 sales too for its first week. He called it not strong and compared it to ff15’s launch with it being 74% lower. But now he’s spinning starfield’s ~15k launch which is way below other Bethesda titles and is making huge assumptions that this will be similar to Diablo 4? Like why?

There is no correlation between Diablo 4’s launch and Starfield’s. Starfield may be a bigger launch than ff16 fully because of pc sales but I don’t see this as a behemoth like Hogwarts legacy, Diablo 4 or Zelda from this year. It’s strange he’s jumped to conclusions without having the digital data, taking in the factors and he has also no information on Gamepass to outright call it the biggest launch of 2023.
The mask is fully off with that shade at FF16 yesterday. He was pissed at the PS exclusivity all along.

I also remember a tweet where he was tagging Sarah Bond and Phil showering them with praise as if they did anything special. We all went through the pandemic, so what? His ass is showing.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The mask is fully off with that shade at FF16 yesterday. He was pissed at the PS exclusivity all along.

I also remember a tweet where he was tagging Sarah Bond and Phil showering them with praise as if they did anything special. We all went through the pandemic, so what? His ass is showing.

Seems like you can't be in this industry without being a shill of some form.

Nathandw9

9 Sep 2023

‘An impossible job’ lol
They threw their parents money at the situation and underdelivered on all fronts, what have they actually succeeded in? Maybe PR media spin 😂

I also remember this tweet from him: