Starfield is the fifth biggest game launch in Europe this year (so far)

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
So much for being the best seller of the year. So much confidence at the start of the year it would be outdoing Zelda, Spiderman 2 and Hogwarts

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
FF16 is a main line game in a big franchise that sold below expectations for that franchise.
Starfield is a new IP.
BTW it sold way better than FFXVI that already makes your comment hard to understand 🤷‍♂️
Bethesda are one of the most well known devs in the industry and starfield was their first new IP in over 20 years. Insane amount of hype behind the game. Compared to a JRPG? Also comparing a week of sales for other games to 2 weeks for starfield? Yeah, nothing fishy here.

And I don't want to defend FF 16 here. It killed my desire for the series going forward. So much so that the 7 remake I really disliked, now seems like a masterpiece compared to 16.

But let's call a spade a spade.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Bethesda are one of the most well known devs in the industry and starfield was their first new IP in over 20 years. Insane amount of hype behind the game. Compared to a JRPG? Also comparing a week of sales for other games to 2 weeks for starfield? Yeah, nothing fishy here.

And I don't want to defend FF 16 here. It killed my desire for the series going forward. So much so that the 7 remake I really disliked, now seems like a masterpiece compared to 16.

But let's call a spade a spade.
I did not make the comparison that is why I called it "hard to understand" to not say "weird".

Back to Starfield.
It is indeed a new IP from Bethesda... canalized by Gamepass... and still sold an amount that put it over 99% of games and just behind the games supposed to be the best seller of this year that launched on PS5 or Switch too.

Like I said overall it sold very good.
It sold amazing? Great? Not... but that could only archived if no Gamepass and PS5 release.

Look at the picture... no PS5, no Switch, Gamepass eating it sales... and it sold very good.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
FF16 is a main line game in a big franchise that sold below expectations for that franchise.
Starfield is a new IP.
huh? 😂🤣 Skyrim has sold over 60m units, Fallout 4 over 20m. The best selling Final Fantasy game is only ~10m life time....

FF is a new entry coming off of an awful predecessor and only on 1 console.
BTW it sold way better than FFXVI that already makes your comment hard to understand 🤷‍♂️
No, it didn't. Please show any evidence to support this nonsense. Your FF16 hatred is clouding your judgment to the point where you're no longer capable of the most basic logic. This is really sad to witness 😢

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, it didn't. Please show any evidence to support this nonsense. Your FF16 hatred is clouding your judgment to the point where you're no longer capable of the most basic logic. This is really sad to witness 😢
Are you trolling, no?

The own OP graphic shows it sold better than FF16.
I mean you are too obsessed with bad performance in sales of FF16.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
2 weeks of sales data for Starfield vs 1 week for FF16.
Then it's dishonest to say that it sold better.
It is not... it is what it is.
Games break street dates and have early access and it was always counted as week one.
Plus the second week of sales with ~80% from the first week? Do you really believes it will change anything?

Either he is trolling or trying too hard to go against what is being show to him.
I don't like Xbox, I don't like Starfield, I think it is a mediocre game but it sold very good... I can't change that... why should I try to create excuses to deny what happened?

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It is not... it is what it is.
Games break street dates and have early access and it was always counted as week one.
Plus the second week of sales with ~80% from the first week? Do you really believes it will change anything?

Either he is trolling or trying too hard to go against what is being show to him.
I don't like Xbox, I don't like Starfield, I think it is a mediocre game but it sold very good... I can't change that... why should I try to create escuses to deny what happened?
No, you can't say that.

When you do a ranking, you have to do it fairly and not mix games that have had early access with others that haven't. It makes no sense.

It's a question of consistency and honesty.

The only relevant comparison is with Fortza Horizon 5, which was launched under the same conditions.
For the others, it's cheating and you know it.

It's not a question of hating starfield or defending FF16.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Are you trolling, no?

The own OP graphic shows it sold better than FF16.
I mean you are too obsessed with bad performance in sales of FF16.
this is what I mean, FF16 has done such a number on you that you think basic facts = trolling. The only obsessed one here is you letting your FF16 hate blind you to reality.

A nonsensical article came out saying that Starfield had a better "1st week launch" than FF16. Now you're taking that as it selling better? or even selling well? 😭
Not to mention those "1st week launch" numbers aren't even the first week, but 2 weeks.....and FF16 was only 3 days. Please use common sense....oh wait you're no longer capable of that since FF16's release 😢 I'll keep you in my prayers.
It's not a question of hating starfield or defending FF16.
This guy has gone off the deep end!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No, you can't say that.

When you do a ranking, you have to do it fairly and not mix games that have had early access with others that haven't. It's a question of consistency and honesty. It makes no sense.

It's a question of consistency and honesty.

The only relevant comparison is with Fortza Horizon 5, which was launched under the same conditions.
For the others, it's cheating and you know it.
We will agree to disagree here.
In my opinion early sales (and a lot of games had that in the past even on PS4, PS3, PS2, etc) should be counted as day one like it was always reported in the past... there is no need to change that.

And like I said even including FFXVI week 2 in the count it won't change anything.
From these data showed today I can say Starfield will be way ahead FFXVI in the 2023 ranking from GSD.

BTW they are not even close in the ranking... Jedi Survivor and RE4 are the close one to Starfield but you guys come here to talk about FFXVI that we already know how the sales gone 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We will agree to disagree here.
In my opinion early sales (and a lot of games had that in the past even on PS4, PS3, PS2, etc) should be counted as day one like it was always reported in the past... there is no need to change that.

And like I said even including FFXVI week 2 in the count it won't change anything.
From these data showed today I can say Starfield will be way ahead FFXVI in the 2023 ranking from GSD.

BTW they are not even close in the ranking... Jedi Survivor and RE4 are the close one to Starfield but you guys come here to talk about FFXVI that we already know how the sales gone 🤷‍♂️
Starfield is a Micorosft exclusive & FF16 is a Sony exclusive.
Like Zelda, it's a Nintendo exclusive.

RE4 and Jedi are not exclusives

Get the difference ?

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Starfield is a Micorosft exclusive & FF16 is a Sony exclusive.
Like Zelda, it's a Nintendo exclusive.

RE4 and Jedi are not exclusives

Get the difference ?
In a sales thread... no.

Is that some console war thing?
A lot of exclusives sells better than the majority of multi platforms games... so what the point? Being exclusive or not never made difference... you Zelda example is probably the top seller in Europe and it is exclusive 🤷‍♂️