Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
They were hoping for 25 million sales
1466366200-risitas15.png

Capture.PNG

right now

image.png
I see 142,815 right now. The 165k peak is right.

• party
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

At this stage it's obvious manipulation... everyone has seen the clips and memes now, everyone with an objective mind knows it has some significant issues (Not saying you cant enjoy it or that it wont get better with patches / updates).

It just exposes how bent everything is when Microsoft gets involved. You can't trust anything they say or do.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
At this stage it's obvious manipulation... everyone has seen the clips and memes now, everyone with an objective mind knows it has some significant issues (Not saying you cant enjoy it or that it wont get better with patches / updates).

It just exposes how bent everything is when Microsoft gets involved. You can't trust anything they say or do.
To be fair most of us around what happened in the 90s in United States.

It is so prevelant that one of the Economics class I took in 2000 even mention it as a monopoly case example

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

I hope Geoff doesn’t give them a pity nomination for GOTY. They need to send a clear message that this behavior can’t be tolerated.

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
I've gotten a bit into the Outpost building and I'm getting a bit of a Factorio-lite vibe. It took me a while to get over my Factorio grind. I can see modders taking closer to the real thing. They could have made it more engaging with the companion system though. I hope these are the things they are looking into when they say they are going to support this game for years to come

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Not only does Microsoft have shell media and games reviewers, they have shell stock companies (Value Act) to buy stocks to eventually tank the value from within so MS can take over. I think all of this deserves it own thread really.
Crazy that the FTC is toothless against such shenanigans

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm already closing in on 50 hours with the game. It hasn't gotten better over time, and if anything, it's getting impossibly frustrating, buggy, and mid. The mission "Sabotage" exemplifies why this game is just broken / mediocre. A mission that you can rely on stealth for, but even with "enhancements", enemies are so unpredictable that stealth becomes the shittiest of options unless, I suspect, you invest all your chips in stealth related character development.

Now, I understand differentiating your character in RPGs however, it doesn't explain how an NPC literally standing in front of me can't see me, but an NPC standing in the floor below me can seem me without even looking up (I was on some suspended scenario stuff in a room).

So far, this is a 7/10. I haven't cared yet for any character, for any plotline, for nothing. The game's story, even during its side quests, is so mid, that there's only maybe a couple of moments where I said "oh that's cool", but that was it.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Not only does Microsoft have shell media and games reviewers, they have shell stock companies (Value Act) to buy stocks to eventually tank the value from within so MS can take over. I think all of this deserves it own thread really.
I think its time we make a collective thread on the shills and stock companies etc.

A bit like this thread by @Heisenberg007 https://icon-era.com/threads/ctrl-a...d-lols-we-found-during-ftc-vs-microsoft.4591/

Time for detective mode