Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
I hope Geoff doesn’t give them a pity nomination for GOTY. They need to send a clear message that this behavior can’t be tolerated.
I know this is late to post, but we will have to see how big the check is they give him this year. More then likely Zelda and Baldurs Gate are going to be battling it out.

Reactions: JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I know this is late to post, but we will have to see how big the check is they give him this year. More then likely Zelda and Baldurs Gate are going to be battling it out.
I think FF16 should win 😊 I liked both BG3 and Zelda, but those games made me annoyed or sometimes bored to the point where I dropped them for a few days or even 2 weeks. FF16 I played NON STOP for 10 hours straight some days, and have 150 hours in the game and was never bored once.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think FF16 should win 😊 I liked both BG3 and Zelda, but those games made me annoyed or sometimes bored to the point where I dropped them for a few days or even 2 weeks. FF16 I played NON STOP for 10 hours straight some days, and have 150 hours in the game and was never bored once.
I dropped FF bcus the world felt very restricted to me and the Eikon fights were mostly Meh imo. I'd take Remnant over any of these games besides Bakdur which I hvnt played yet. Hogwarts over them all.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Good post from 4chan:

>This game is still going to be relevant in 5 years

It's not even relevant now. There is absolutely no buzz around this game. There are no social media posts about how to complete main missions, about fun or quirky side missions, about where to find epic gear, about best builds, about entertaining characters, about challenging bosses, about extraordinary locations, nothing. Starfield is just about as bland and sterile a game as you could imagine.

Even Bethesda's so-called strength, ie - immersion, is choked out of this game due to all the loading screens that are just everywhere as a result of Bethesda's insistence on sticking with their ancient, heavily frankensteined and severely limited 25-year-old NetImmerse engine.

We haven't even talked about the gameplay, which is so simplistic and so extremely casual as to be mind-numbingly dull to even the most casual of casual gamer. Builds? There are no builds. Role playing? There are no roles.

Starfield is just simply too shallow and too dull to generate buzz even one month after its release, and it most surely will be forgotten in five years time.”

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
So, a typical Bethesda game, then.
Yeah, that's the moral of the story. If you like Bethesda games, this is for you. If not you're not missing anything revolutionary the only good or redeeming feature is the ship building everything else is pretty barren or half baked. Plus the fact that basic features such as a sneak meter are locked behind perks.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
View attachment 2343View attachment 2342
Starfield is officaly rated lower than Fallout 76 on Steam for now.
x factor GIF

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
I'm 68 hours and at level 26, the more I've played the more I've liked it. I've enjoyed most of the questlines that I've come across, a couple of them were pretty whacky. Also, I've found that engaging with the systems within the game allows me to set goals for myself within the game. I got into spacesuit crafting to have better weight management. Right now I've seen cool ship components that require me to upgrade my piloting and ship design skills. I'm sure I'll get the same experience when I go in-depth with the outpost building.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly