Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Heaps of people on the Starfield reddit complaining about performance. Decent rigs unable to even get 45fps even on medium. Why don't reviewers ever share the specs they're reviewing on because it's apparently uplayable for many people. Also a decent amount of people saying they're refunding and will pick it up again when performance fixed.
Yeah, them Steam reviews might be coming in hot. Not a good sign.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
You'll have to upload a screenshot so we can all check out the good graphics my man!
Ny2Vgbv.jpg

TNy5Lvs.jpg

vLg9oxl.jpg

Wi8G4UB.jpg

Graphics are definitely competitive with anything released this generation so far (i.e. there is no PS3/PS4 level of graphics here). But that's on the PC with MAX settings at 4k/60FPS. I'm not using any VRR or FSR2.0.

Enemies also aren't as dumb as people are saying.. I almost died with the encounter. And no, I'm not a bad player.. LOL

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Seen the same, even ppl with good strong rigs are struggling to get 1080p with over 26fps.
That makes no sense man. Just let me give you the up and up on the game dude. I have a high end PC rig and it has never dipped below 60FPS. I'm on a 4090, MAX settings and the game is VERY efficient. Look at my texture memory usage and the GPU can get up to 99% usage.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ny2Vgbv.jpg

TNy5Lvs.jpg

vLg9oxl.jpg

Wi8G4UB.jpg

Graphics are definitely competitive with anything released this generation so far (i.e. there is no PS3/PS4 level of graphics here). But that's on the PC with MAX settings at 4k/60FPS. I'm not using any VRR or FSR2.0.

Enemies also aren't as dumb as people are saying.. I almost died with the encounter. And no, I'm not a bad player.. LOL
That does not look competitive to the likes of God of War, Horizon, etc you cappin my man, no bs.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That makes no sense man. Just let me give you the up and up on the game dude. I have a high end PC rig and it has never dipped below 60FPS. I'm on a 4090, MAX settings and the game is VERY efficient. Look at my texture memory usage and the GPU can get up to 99% usage.
Oh I'll take your word for it but thts what the internet saying. Alot of reddit users.

Went to some other reddit amd seems like some ppl may not be doing right setup and enabling certain things to get optimal performance. Some ppl are getting good performance.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
@Gods&Monsters

What do you think of the possible leak of Oblivion remake?
I'd rather play something more recent like ESO Online or the next-gen version of Fallout 4. I own Oblivion on multiple platforms but I didn't play much. I just remember riding a horse on a mountain. Not interested.

My legs are closed for this remake 💅

Yoooooo whose fucking man is this? This dude the ultimate schill, Im embarrassed to say he's from New York 😂😂🤡. All the schilling he did sure paid off, they sent him his merch asap.

Yo frozone you know this dude?

Never heard of this "influencer" until last week when xbots started posting his tweets everywhere. He's definitely paid by Microsoft to promote Starfield. Very fake.

He has a lot of followers so I'm not sure what he was doing before. Not Xbox stuff that's for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
I'd rather play something more recent like ESO Online or the next-gen version of Fallout 4. I own Oblivion on multiple platforms but I didn't play much. I just remember riding a horse on a mountain. Not interested.

My legs are closed for this remake 💅

Never heard of this "influencer" until last week when xbots started posting his tweets everywhere. He's definitely paid by Microsoft to promote Starfield. Very fake.

He has a lot of followers so I'm not sure what he was doing before. Not Xbox stuff that's for sure.
He was doing stupid shit, but views dropped off now. So took the Xbot route to stay relevant.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    910.4 KB · Views: 18

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Ny2Vgbv.jpg

TNy5Lvs.jpg

vLg9oxl.jpg

Wi8G4UB.jpg

They do look okay there but as others have said it definitely doesn't look Horizon or GOW tier. That's also intro area, so that's their best foot their putting forward. But should state if you're running 4K 60 you're likely the 1% of gamers who can get it to look like that considering it's 1080 30 on consoles and a lot of the other PC players can barely get it above 45fps, so not representative of everyone's experience. I'll see how it looks when I get home tonight.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Please let us know your opinion, thanks.
They do look okay there but as others have said it definitely doesn't look Horizon or GOW tier. That's also intro area, so that's their best foot their putting forward. But should state if you're running 4K 60 you're likely the 1% of gamers who can get it to look like that considering it's 1080 30 on consoles and a lot of the other PC players can barely get it above 45fps, so not representative of everyone's experience. I'll see how it looks when I get home tonight.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Yup the score is good, but everyone was expecting a GOTY contender
its a very good score and im sure ms is partying right now. It was never going to be in the 90’s, beth in no longer a 90 meta developer and been that way since mid ps4 gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frozone

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
That’s a remake what you described. A remaster is using original code/assets aka animations, textures and upscaling them. Some times there’s better asset versions are redone like textures. But done so in the original code of the engine. A remake would be like demons souls.

The skeleton of original was used. But animations, character models, levels, game assets were all remade from scratch. Hell some characters got slight redesigns.

Oblivion would have to be remade because it’s code is dx9.
The problem is if they remake it they will ruin it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yea man.. it does.. but I'll digress my man. Let's just agree it's not PS4-style graphics (which is an insult).
At the end of it all I just want you to sincerely tell us how much fun you had with it, thts what I care about. If you put more than 20 hours into it than I know you had fun.

Last edited: