Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
No.. they really weren't great. Returnal wasn't a great game by any stretch and definitely didn't get high review scores. Demon Souls is a remake. R&C is also a sequel and GT7 is also yet again --- a sequel. The games you mention offer nothing new to the table while Starfield does. We're talking about original IPs here.
Lmao so they weren't great games? Cool, so you just have no taste

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
i can obviously shred that apart, but its low effort bait, so i chose not too. Also you had nothing to say when i reminded you Bethesda has critically acclaimed games under their belt when you said they never been "that studio" lol. keep coping.
The game is unlocked now, why don't you go play it instead of arguing online?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Right and that's why they shouldn't even be compared to be frank. It's just a way of trying to target the one thing people would love to see (i.e. surface of planet to space traversal) and pitting that one absent thing in Starfield to attack it. It's not fair when Starfield is going to offer way more than just a survival game but an actual story with dialogue, skills, companions, etc..
Bro play, enjoy Starfield for what it is but understand not everyone will feel the same and ppl can compare and critique. Eventually I will play it so I'll be able to judge closely, just you do the same honestly

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
LOL! How is it a whole new game?

I started it up, created a New game and I'm dumped on some planet with instructions to gather crystals for my hardware. Are you kidding me? Where the hell is the story? It looks much better from back in the day though.. but I don't see where this game isn't anything but boring as an RPG.
Bro not for nothing but for a boring game these stats say something else ...

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
No.. they really weren't great. Returnal wasn't a great game by any stretch and definitely didn't get high review scores. Demon Souls is a remake. R&C is also a sequel and GT7 is also yet again --- a sequel. The games you mention offer nothing new to the table while Starfield does. We're talking about original IPs here.
Homie, why are you trying to pass as a neutral? You arent fooling anyone uber cuco, you are the next on the "being banned from here club" like all the green rats before you who trying to look neutral

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
i can obviously shred that apart, but its low effort bait, so i chose not too. Also you had nothing to say when i reminded you Bethesda has critically acclaimed games under their belt when you said they never been "that studio" lol. keep coping.
Bethesda is not that studio anymore because everyone is gone besides Howard, he's too much of a slut for Phil.

Skyrim was 94, Fallout 3 a 93. Those days are over.

Starfield was supposed to be their magnum opus but it will be their lowest mainline game. This is like From suddenly dropping to 85 for a Souls game. It's bad even if the actual score is not that low.

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
Bethesda is not that studio anymore because everyone is gone besides Howard, he's too much of a slut for Phil.

Skyrim was 94, Fallout 3 a 93. Those days are over.

Starfield was supposed to be their magnum opus but it will be their lowest mainline game. This is like From suddenly dropping to 85 for a Souls game. It's bad even if the actual score is not that low.
No? Bethesda is acually good at keep their employees. Most of those guys are still there. Yes their not great anymore, but still good. open world rpgs are hard to pull off.

you forgot morrowind and oblivion

Yes it was suppose to be great, but the "journalist" say it was good. Now the gamers can finally take a crack at it.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
No? Bethesda is acually good at keep their employees. Most of those guys are still there. Yes their not great anymore, but still good. open world rpgs are hard to pull off.

you forgot morrowind and oblivion

Yes it was suppose to be great, but the "journalist" say it was good. Now the gamers can finally take a crack at it.
I don't get how you can say things like this and not notice the severe decline in the overall experience? Morrowind and Oblivion are radically different games to Skyrim and FO4. I do agree Bethesda does a better than normal job at employee retention, but also many key figures don't persist. Michael Kirkbride gone, Ken Rolston was gone after Oblivion, and instead hacks like Emil Pagliarulo took over. All the changes BGS makes to their games is a reduction from the core experience that was formed by those key developers now gone.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Whelp.. I'm playing a PC right now and I can attest to the graphics looking far far better than what they showed in the vids. The only thing I can think of is that the PC is doing much better detail and the skin looks great! Just created my character, going to eat my dinner and dig in. Good so far!

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
All Triple A games are hard to make.
It's difficult to make a game, it's more difficult to make a good game, and it's even more difficult to make a successful video game.