Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If people are playing the game here, let them enjoy... Avoid bashing.
There is an OT if their eyes are too sensitive.

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Starflop.

I knew Phil and Todd Howard would deliver another disappointment.

I don't believe it's a bad game but it's very obvious they oversold on this game.

I'm hearing the game runs like ass on PC and I'm not surprised. Once I heard they were not shipping with DLSS, it was an instant red flag for me and I backed away from preordering on Steam. I'll be checking it out on PC GamePass for a month but I won't buy the game until it's fixed on PC and they release mods for it.

Definitely not the game of the generation material. The Copium I'm seeing on Twitter for the game not living up to the hype is hilarious.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
this games marketing taught me an important lesson. but it not the first time.

vague marketing and overselling with imagination cant be trusted. its so weird how this went from "you can go there and explore!" and dimmed down as launch day neared. skyrim was probably their peak in terms of graphics and total world immersion. expectations should be reasonable as per studio or creators. not saying its bad for being the typical bethesda game. i think if you're a bethesda fan and you know what to expect. you should be able to appreciate it for what it is. im glad this is finally out. but...

bg3 and ac6 are so far my gotys lol i will give this game a shot on pc but not yet. feels good not feeling fomo with this one. its been tough on my wallet.
The lesson is you can't trust todd howard

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Todd Howard in an interview with IGN less than 3 months ago:

""Let's see. Just a few weeks ago, I had landed on one of the early planets and this sandstorm blew through and I went to run away from it. And ships can randomly... Once in a while, they can randomly land. Enemy ships can land. So I'm going through the sandstorm, the ship landed and I get in this firefight and I got on the ship. And while I'm shooting the guys on the surface of the planet in the ship, the ship took off into space. So now I'm in outer space on the ship, and I was just like, "Can that happen? I guess that can happen."

This cannot happen in the game. You cannot get into an enemy ship and be taken into space considering all travel requires using menus and loading screens. Did they cut this feature in the past 2.5 months? Or was Todd lying? You decide.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022

""Let's see. Just a few weeks ago, I had landed on one of the early planets and this sandstorm blew through and I went to run away from it. And ships can randomly... Once in a while, they can randomly land. Enemy ships can land. So I'm going through the sandstorm, the ship landed and I get in this firefight and I got on the ship. And while I'm shooting the guys on the surface of the planet in the ship, the ship took off into space. So now I'm in outer space on the ship, and I was just like, "Can that happen? I guess that can happen."

This cannot happen in the game. You cannot get into an enemy ship and be taken into space considering all travel requires using menus and loading screens. Did they cut this feature in the past 2.5 months? Or was Todd lying? You decide.
Thats its the worst thing, hey was lying from and right in our fsfdsu, i now understand why him and spencer are so good friends

• haha
Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Crow

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022

Todd is a lying SOB!

😂 You can't do any of that in the game.