Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
No? Bethesda is acually good at keep their employees. Most of those guys are still there. Yes their not great anymore, but still good. open world rpgs are hard to pull off.

you forgot morrowind and oblivion

Yes it was suppose to be great, but the "journalist" say it was good. Now the gamers can finally take a crack at it.
I didn't forget Morrowind and Oblivion. It was literally 20 years ago. Get over it. The devs are retired.

Oblivion was actually 94 so it's an even bigger decline. Thanks for agreeing 😘

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Whelp.. I'm playing a PC right now and I can attest to the graphics looking far far better than what they showed in the vids. The only thing I can think of is that the PC is doing much better detail and the skin looks great! Just created my character, going to eat my dinner and dig in. Good so far!
You'll have to upload a screenshot so we can all check out the good graphics my man!

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
lol cope. you need warning and bans. You can't tolerate opinions that don't fit your own. Keep coping.
put him on ignore and report. He's been banned before. I have him on ignore.

@Gods&Monsters

What do you think of the possible leak of Oblivion remake?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
put him on ignore and report. He's been banned before. I have him on ignore.

@Gods&Monsters

What do you think of the possible leak of Oblivion remake?
Oblivion doesn't need a "remake", just a remaster. If they were to overhaul the systems and change it away from original design towards the modern BGS style of "RPG" it would be a disservice to Oblivion. Update the graphics, small changes to UI, better animations, rebalance enemy stats (health being the most noxious) or retweak the scaling and the game will be great and sell millions (well maybe not if only on Xbox, but I doubt they would release it on PS5 even though it would be a slam dunk move to do so).

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Congrats @John Elden Ring on one of the most popular / successful OT's ever here.

Yesterday was massive, with almost 1K posts and over 1K reactions.

Thanks to everyone posting and taking part here! ❤️

You can thank Starfield for that

laugh-funny.gif

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
At the end of the day, the biggest problem for starfield is it didn’t score high enough or isn’t doing enough special to sell xbox consoles, which was what the expectations were for it.

It will do well on steam and gamepass, which means it will essentially do well as a new big AAA game but it won’t do anything to shift hardware sales or prop up the xbox brand.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Heaps of people on the Starfield reddit complaining about performance. Decent rigs unable to even get 45fps even on medium. Why don't reviewers ever share the specs they're reviewing on because it's apparently uplayable for many people. Also a decent amount of people saying they're refunding and will pick it up again when performance fixed.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Oblivion doesn't need a "remake", just a remaster. If they were to overhaul the systems and change it away from original design towards the modern BGS style of "RPG" it would be a disservice to Oblivion. Update the graphics, small changes to UI, better animations, rebalance enemy stats (health being the most noxious) or retweak the scaling and the game will be great and sell millions (well maybe not if only on Xbox, but I doubt they would release it on PS5 even though it would be a slam dunk move to do so).

That’s a remake what you described. A remaster is using original code/assets aka animations, textures and upscaling them. Some times there’s better asset versions are redone like textures. But done so in the original code of the engine. A remake would be like demons souls.

The skeleton of original was used. But animations, character models, levels, game assets were all remade from scratch. Hell some characters got slight redesigns.

Oblivion would have to be remade because it’s code is dx9.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
This isn't about the state of NMS at launch but comparisons showing hiw certain aspects are and have always been better on NMS. Bet your life the points for things docked on NMS, reviewers have not and will not dock for Starfield.

Also keep in mind NMS was made by a small team of 6-15 ppl not 200-400 ppl plus with a budget of only a few million tops! Starfield has a budget over over 200 millions estimated at close to 400 million.

Here's a comparassion with NMS:

catchew

8 Jun 2023
this games marketing taught me an important lesson. but it not the first time.

vague marketing and overselling with imagination cant be trusted. its so weird how this went from "you can go there and explore!" and dimmed down as launch day neared. skyrim was probably their peak in terms of graphics and total world immersion. expectations should be reasonable as per studio or creators. not saying its bad for being the typical bethesda game. i think if you're a bethesda fan and you know what to expect. you should be able to appreciate it for what it is. im glad this is finally out. but...

bg3 and ac6 are so far my gotys lol i will give this game a shot on pc but not yet. feels good not feeling fomo with this one. its been tough on my wallet.