Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Disgusting shit by Bethesda and AMD.

image.png

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Metacritic and Xbox are gaming the metacritic system.

Please retweet to spread awareness.

Xbox is suppressing negative reviews from being added.

IGN and GS are worth much more than the average site on MC, so when added, IGN and GS's 7's will dip Starflop's score by 2 points thereabouts.

Evil bastards...

IGN is under PC and Gamespot is under Xbox that's why. It will drop during the week, there's too many artificial 10/10 from Xbox sites.

Reactions: Airbus

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
RAM speed should not affect performance that much though.
Depends on the engine. A 4090 (or 7900 xtx) should not get 30 fps in the 1% lows but here we are. There is something seriously wrong with how they built this game.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
IGN is under PC and Gamespot is under Xbox that's why. It will drop during the week, there's too many artificial 10/10 from Xbox sites.
That's done on purpose, both should be on both. That's the point.

Adding both will sink the score on both versions 1 or 2 points.

This game will end at 85 if it's lucky.

I think it'll even dip to low 80's when/ if it hits the 120 review threshold.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
Maybe it's a younger generational thing but I never understood all the people caring about a review score. If you want to play it and you enjoy it, who cares if it gets a 12 or a 98. I guess I'm just old.

Reactions: Vertigo

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Maybe it's a younger generational thing but I never understood all the people caring about a review score. If you want to play it and you enjoy it, who cares if it gets a 12 or a 98. I guess I'm just old.
I've been following this system wars thing forever, and I can tell you surely these things matter. They always mattered.

For a game as hyped up as Starfield to end at mid-80's review wise is an absolute abject failure, no ifs ands or butts.

We don't even have the full picture yet, with most critical outlets being suppressed.

a 7 from the world's two biggest sites, IGN and gamespot, is TERRIBLE. BEYOND TERRIBLE.

this is a watershed moment for xbox, and game reviews. They know their games suck and are now actively trying their best to 'game' the review process and metacritic system.

No one will forget this. Starfield has flopped even despite their best efforts. It's truly unbelievable.

Starfield will go down as the biggest flop in this industry's history.

Next to a pile of E.T copies in the Nevada desert and Daikatana, there's STARFLOP.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah, and 87 is a good score no doubt, but so many people online hyped it up to be this super game that would make PlayStation look completely irrelevant.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've been following this system wars thing forever, and I can tell you surely these things matter. They always mattered.

For a game as hyped up as Starfield to end at mid-80's review wise is an absolute abject failure, no ifs ands or butts.

We don't even have the full picture yet, with most critical outlets being suppressed.

a 7 from the world's two biggest sites, IGN and gamespot, is TERRIBLE. BEYOND TERRIBLE.

this is a watershed moment for xbox, and game reviews. They know their games suck and are now actively trying their best to 'game' the review process and metacritic system.

No one will forget this. Starfield has flopped even despite their best efforts. It's truly unbelievable.

Next to a pile of E.T copies in the Nevada desert and Daikatana, there's STARFLOP.
No, I don't agree that it's the biggest flop in the industry, I think that's Halo Infinite.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
No, I don't agree that it's the biggest flop in the industry, I think that's Halo Infinite.
That's another huge point. When your past games are absolute TRASH like Bleeding Edge, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, RedFall and Halo Infinite, STARFLOP doesn't have the luxury of being anything less than a 10/10. Hell a 9/10 was too low.

A mid 8, after all this time, after all the shill sites, the selective reviewing, everything. MS had too much money in this for it to fail....

But FAIL it did. This is an absolute disaster for Xbox.

This may very well be the end of the brand.

NOTHING they make will hit.

NO CHANCE xbox ever makes a quality game, goty contender, or must have 'exclusive'.

STARFLOP is the end of Xbox, and we're witnessing it all in real time.

it's Surreal.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Steam is at 196k and the peak yesterday was 234k. I know it's early access but it seems low?

They were saying it would beat Elden Ring and Cyberpunk. Is it possible games do 4 times the EA numbers on release to reach 1 million CC?

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Steam is at 196k and the peak yesterday was 234k. I know it's early access but it seems low?

They were saying it would beat Elden Ring and Cyberpunk. Is it possible games do 4 times the EA numbers on release to reach 1 million CC?
It is a buggy mess. If anything the early access phase will cause people to cancel preorder games.

I mean they must be pretty confident but eh, whatever.

Early access locked behind Deluxe work great for online games, offline games, not so much.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Old code can still be good though. There is kernel code running on modern platforms that is decades old.

The problem is it seems like the engine is just poorly done. It is really easy to write bad code. And then when you get to the size and scope of a game like any Bethesda game, you can have an engine that resembles the software equivalent of Jenga under the hood; Nearly impossible to change things without it wanting to come tumbling down.

By all evidence, they just aren't a great tech company. They have big ideas, and big aspirations but not the ability to execute. And this is not something you can just "throw money" at and have it get magically solved. Programming at that level requires real skill and craftsmanship that comes from years of experience AND actual talent and ability. Some people just don't have it, but those people are still out there working.

I think the bottom line is just that Bethesda is sub par at doing what they need to do to bring an up-to-snuff RPG out these days. There is no way in hell they can get away with what they are putting out here for ES6.
They needed to make a new engine from scratch my man says it's modern but it very obviously isn't it's the Todd Howard 'it just works' doesn't really 😉 engine

Reactions: Dr Bass

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

So far i have had a couple of friends who say it's not that great while i have also had a couple of friends who say they are really enjoying it.

it will be interesting to see how it pans out once more of the regular users get hold of it.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The funniest thing is how it was Sony's interest in securing time exclusivity that roped MS into spending $7 billion on trash 💀
That was a rumour & was never going to happen 🤣 I hate when people act as if it's a fact they were going to make it exclusive they definitely weren't deathloop & ghostwire were new IPs that very few people gave a fuck about starfield was anticipated as the unofficial sequel to Skyrim it would've cost way more than it was worth just because Phil's Spencer 'heard' that it might get timed exclusivity doesn't excuse them buying zenimax when he was bullshitting 🤣

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Metacritic and Xbox are gaming the metacritic system.

Please retweet to spread awareness.

Xbox is suppressing negative reviews from being added.

IGN and GS are worth much more than the average site on MC, so when added, IGN and GS's 7's will dip Starflop's score by 2 points thereabouts.

Evil bastards...

To be fair I read the IGN review and the reviewers said he mainly played the PC version.

Metacritic always put the review under the platform is said to have been reviewed.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So far i have had a couple of friends who say it's not that great while i have also had a couple of friends who say they are really enjoying it.

it will be interesting to see how it pans out once more of the regular users get hold of it.
I have a friend who is a big Bethesda fan who is gonna get BG3 instead after reading the reviews

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I believe the game was supposed to be bigger/better but MS cancelled the PS5 version and we all know how developing for the Series S goes. I think the scope changed when they got bought out.

Seriously, a mid 80s score is FAR from bad. FAR. Problem is, MS REALLY needed a HUGE blockbuster. They haven't had a "WOW!" game in over a decade. They still don't have that Ghost of Tsushima or Spider-Man moment.

The worst part is, this was the one game that could have and should have done it. If Bethesda, with all their history and IP pull couldn't what hopes do Awoved and Fable have?
Ghost of Tsushima got an 83 on Metacritic, that’s hardly a “WOW“ moment. Lol The “WOW“ Moment would of been TLOU 1 and 2, and GOW 2018/Ragnarok.