Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Crow

Banned
15 Jul 2023
So shit HDR, no brightness slider, no FOV slider. The game run as well as a Corolla 1973 with 3 cyliders.

There is already a bunch of bugs complication on Twitter so don't need to lie lol.
again, every game has bugs, Starfield is nowhere near a "buggy mess." Check the reviews kiddo :)

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Why are loading times 20+ seconds on SX/SS?. The SSDs aren’t that slow.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
I don't really understand the delta of the visuals in this game.
Some parts are absolutely stunning, others are downright terrible.

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
Tried disabling PBO and XMP, game still crashes instantly in New Atlantis.
At this point I'm going to give up

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I don't really understand the delta of the visuals in this game.
Some parts are absolutely stunning, others are downright terrible.
that's bethesda though? i mean they upped the graphical fidelity to high quality assets but their art direction is absolutely fucking gutter trash, they have 0 handle on lighting or facial animations or any animations really

BlueLyria

29 Apr 2023
that's bethesda though? i mean they upped the graphical fidelity to high quality assets but their art direction is absolutely fucking gutter trash, they have 0 handle on lighting or facial animations or any animations really
I'll excuse the models as they don't look exactly that good most of the time, but there are some really good shots in the game.

Shame it's probably their worst launch on pc, almost the same level as launch New Vegas

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Its clear, people like Jez Corden, Jeff Grubb/giant bomb, tom warren, gene park, Paul tassi, etc. wanted this to be a definitive GOTY type game for xbox, and they’re salty that its not. Even going so far as to attack other reviewers and ignite the fan boy wars even more. They are acting as insane as they did when Halo Infinite came out, only this year there is too much competition to ignore so they can’t freely fool people into think its greater than it is.

I told you all with Redfall, certain ‘journalist’ were gonna fake how impartial they were and give it deservedly bad scores so they wouldn’t be faulted for giving starfield a 10/10 no matter what. Redfall fell on the sword for their console wars.

Edit—-i take back what i said about Grubb/GB

I just watched his last show and he was fair about it and said it would end up around an 84 MC before the reviews dropped

Edit 2——nvm

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Its clear, people like Jez Corden, Jeff Grubb/giant bomb, tom warren, gene park, Paul tassi, etc. wanted this to be a definitive GOTY type game for xbox, and they’re salty that its not. Even going so far as to attack other reviewers and ignite the fan boy wars even more. They are acting as insane as they did when Halo Infinite came out, only this year there is too much competition to ignore so they can’t freely fool people into think its greater than it is.

I told you all with Redfall, certain ‘journalist’ were gonna fake how impartial they were and give it deservedly bad scores so they wouldn’t be faulted for giving starfield a 10/10 no matter what. Redfall fell on the sword for their console wars.

Edit—-i take back what i said about Grubb/GB

I just watched his last show and he was fair about it and said it would end up around an 84 MC before the reviews dropped

Edit 2——nvm

"my favorite non Nintendo first party exclusive" - these are the same braindead losers that act like they're above the console wars, and look down on console "warriors".

Jez calling IGN/GameSpot reviews "cynical" is pure insanity. 7 is honestly generous for this game, especially in its current state

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I played a few more hours tonight. The game is basically garbage. The space stuff is so bad I don’t even know how it got out of the concept stage.

Remember that “rumor” a year ago where the contractor on the game said they were working on “finding the fun”? Yeah …. That wasn’t a rumor obviously.

There is no way the Xbox fans truly think it’s a good game. If it was a third party game all those same guys would say it’s a poor example of a bygone era.

Pretty sure I’m gonna give up on it soon.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Remember that “rumor” a year ago where the contractor on the game said they were working on “finding the fun”? Yeah …. That wasn’t a rumor obviously.

Yep, I will never be able to get that out of the back of my mind while reading these impressions

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I played a few more hours tonight. The game is basically garbage. The space stuff is so bad I don’t even know how it got out of the concept stage.

There is no way the Xbox fans truly think it’s a good game. If it was a third party game all those same guys would say it’s a poor example of a bygone era.

Pretty sure I’m gonna give up on it soon.
I mean like if you like Bethesda formula, you find it fun.

I remember play Oblivion when it comes out for PS3, find it fun. Then playing FO3, literally everywhere you go there is like barrier, and the main story is the most non-sensical bullshit ever, even side quests bored me. Also Megaton and Rivet City is a sub 20fps experience, gosh.

This game probably worse than FO3, since it is a bunch of levels duct taped by teleport rather than full open world.