Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Its clear, people like Jez Corden, Jeff Grubb/giant bomb, tom warren, gene park, Paul tassi, etc. wanted this to be a definitive GOTY type game for xbox, and they’re salty that its not. Even going so far as to attack other reviewers and ignite the fan boy wars even more. They are acting as insane as they did when Halo Infinite came out, only this year there is too much competition to ignore so they can’t freely fool people into think its greater than it is.

I told you all with Redfall, certain ‘journalist’ were gonna fake how impartial they were and give it deservedly bad scores so they wouldn’t be faulted for giving starfield a 10/10 no matter what. Redfall fell on the sword for their console wars.

Edit—-i take back what i said about Grubb/GB

I just watched his last show and he was fair about it and said it would end up around an 84 MC before the reviews dropped

Edit 2——nvm

Completely different genres why mention Spider-Man or ratchet & clank unless you're just trying to shit on playstation games in defense of an Xbox exclusive

Last edited by a moderator:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
IGN 7 too. Btw. Meristation gave 5.8
Dammit… I listed the major ones and forget IGN 😂
There are others like a Saudit review that give 7 too.

Most reviewers are between 8-9… the 7 counters the 10.

Mid-high 80 I believe it is where it I’ll settle.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Someone posted a review earlier:

36uM9OH.jpg

Positives

+ Really good graphics: Textures and Illumination
+ Really well done quests (With lots of dialogue and different characters)
+ Great overall animations that help with the immersion.
+ Very Stable Performance and very few bugs.
+ Epic Ost

Negatives

- Bad enemy AI in general
- The spaceship combat is weak
- Inventory management is very difficult
- Weak character models and facial animations.
- The game doesn't explain much of its systems.

He gave it a 8.5
See, those weaknesses should put a game more around a 70 than 85, if the full scale was being used properly.

Any reviewer brushing aside negatives regarding the gameplay just because the graphics are nice is doing the job wrong.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Can't find a tweet where Tom Warren says that NG+ in Starfield is the way to go as an excuse to be reviewed good. Any help? I think it was mentioned here somewhere

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Can't find a tweet where Tom Warren says that NG+ in Starfield is the way to go as an excuse to be reviewed good. Any help? I think it was mentioned here somewhere
i have seen this from several people. (that NG+ implementation is super innovative and better than Nier automata)

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
No need to take it personal bro, my brother is playing it on PC too and enjoying it. He did say that the menu's were a bit overwhelming but overall he says it's good.

I don't think anyone here has anything in particular against the game, just the way Microsoft bought Zenimax, hyped the game into the stratosphere and this is a by product of the circle of karma.

Most have nothing against PC gamers here. ❤️
It's not the PC gamers Bryan, it's the hate for MS. You know that to be true brotha.

Reactions: Bryank75

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
There's a difference between just blindly bashing it and calling spade a spade. Starfield's a decent game with disappointing mechanics/gameplay elements and exploration. It's nowhere near what was advertised. Some of the biggest SM shills and Bethesda fans are critical of exploration. Hell, plenty of videos with bugs are out there. I have it downloaded on the Series X and will play on day one. But all the issues I've seen are very disappointing, especially the space exploration.

Crow here's a well known fanboy that probably subscribes to Xboxinsertsomethinghere.com site ideas that gave it a 10 because it's an exclusive.
I respect that but every single game this year has had a buggy experience on launch. This is no surprise. Even the GOTY BG3 had bugs and still an incomplete Act 3 content. Still is a great game.

My problem is the double standard. Yes, MS hyped the shit out of Starfield. They had to. There isn't a single XSX game that matches it. I don't fault them for that.

Alot of the complaints on the internet are unfounded or downright wrong. Some of these videos that show gameplay look horrible and nothing like what I'm experiencing. Granted I don't have a XSX and the PC version is better I'm sure but I wouldn't think by THAT much.

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Yep, this seems to be the growing consensus amongst folks who are playing the game. For a lot of them it's the big negative of the game. Can't blame them. This game was shown off with space and planets that you get to go to in addition to a ship that is your very own and you HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER with FULL CUSTOMIZATION. We were seeing footage of our ship flying around in orbit with the planet in front of us. So when the game is in folks' hands and they're experiencing the opposite where it's loading screens popping up left and right and fast travel this fast travel that and not even being able to get near the planet with our ship of course that's gonna disappoint people.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
This game is still causing massive meltdowns. People are posting text walls to defend it 😂