Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Yep, this seems to be the growing consensus amongst folks who are playing the game. For a lot of them it's the big negative of the game. Can't blame them. This game was shown off with space and planets that you get to go to in addition to a ship that is your very own and you HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER with FULL CUSTOMIZATION. We were seeing footage of our ship flying around in orbit with the planet in front of us. So when the game is in folks' hands and they're experiencing the opposite where it's loading screens popping up left and right and fast travel this fast travel that and not even being able to get near the planet with our ship of course that's gonna disappoint people.
That I will agree with. I wish they implemented a fast drive mode where you can at least move from moon to moon or planet to planet. To be fair though, Elite and EVE online are completely boring traveling like that. The distances are just too vast. Too much of a time sync. I would just want local travel to be faster. I will be fast traveling alot though.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
That's what I don't get. IGN aren't even the only major website to give it a 7. I guess they focused on IGN because they found "proof" that Dan Stapleton is a dirty Playstation fan. (The horror!) /s
IGN is one of the most relevant gaming sites, though, even if on forums, the dwellers pretend to not care about it. IGN is huge and relevant.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I respect that but every single game this year has had a buggy experience on launch. This is no surprise. Even the GOTY BG3 had bugs and still an incomplete Act 3 content. Still is a great game.

My problem is the double standard. Yes, MS hyped the shit out of Starfield. They had to. There isn't a single XSX game that matches it. I don't fault them for that.

Alot of the complaints on the internet are unfounded or downright wrong. Some of these videos that show gameplay look horrible and nothing like what I'm experiencing. Granted I don't have a XSX and the PC version is better in sure but I wouldn't think by THAT much.
I think there are a lot of people who are desperate for Starfield to do well,

But those people also need to be realistic,

When Microsoft/ Bethesda make silly comments like unparalleled freedom on their website, then show countless loading screens and a ship that is basically anchored/tethered while stuff floats around you, it's not really a good look.

There are hundreds of copy-paste planets that are just barren, with nothing to do on them bar mining something, is that really amazing?

Couple that with the bugs the game has, I mean just go on YouTube, there are already hundreds of videos with game-breaking bugs in it, What is going to happen when the full audience gets to it?

Is the game meant to get a pass just because it's a Bethesda game?

If the tables were reversed and this was a Sony exclusive and they released it in this state, the Microsoft fanboys would be ripping it to pieces.

Is it a decent game, but thinking that this should be up there in the 90% range is borderline absurd.

I am a fan of the Fall Out series, i would of played Starfield if it was still on PlayStation, but i personally can not give a game like Starfield the same sort of scores that games like God of war, Bloodborne and HZD were given,

It feels like there are two different standards at work here,

the game is a solid +80% game and there is nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It is open world. I can walk for hours on one planet. The game is the most vast game this generation. There is no other game that has the amount of content in this game.

BG3 has way more content than this game. You're absolutely insane.

And from an exploration standpoint, NMS shits all over this.

Btw, I'm playing Starfield as I'm writing this.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

When Microsoft/ Bethesda make silly comments like unparalleled freedom on their website, then show countless loading screens and a ship that is basically anchored/tethered while stuff floats around you, its not really a good look.

There are hundreds of copy-paste planets that are just barren, with nothing to do on them bar mine something, is that really amazing?

Couple that with the bugs the game has, I mean just go on YouTube, there are already hundreds of videos with game-breaking bugs in it, What is going to happen when the full audience gets to it?

Is the game meant to get a pass just because it's a Bethesda game?

If the tables were reversed and this was a Sony exclusive and they released it in this state, the Microsoft fanboys would be ripping it to pieces.

Is it a decent game, sure but thinking that this should be up there in the 90% range is borderline absurd.

I am a fan of the Fall Out series, i would of played Starfield if it was still on PlayStation, but i personally can not give a game like Starfield the same sort of scores that games like God of war, bloodborne and HZD were given,
I mean HFW is kinda similar, borders everywhere, you can't really "explore" the word.

But combat in HFW is at least fun, the world looks breath taking and there is no bugs besides a few pop-ins here and there so...

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022

When Microsoft/ Bethesda make silly comments like unparalleled freedom on their website, then show countless loading screens and a ship that is basically anchored/tethered while stuff floats around you, its not really a good look.
I already admitted that they marketed the shit out of the game. No need to beat a dead horse.

There are hundreds of copy-paste planets that are just barren, with nothing to do on them bar mine something, is that really amazing?
Supposed to be. How would you custom make 1000 different planets.. Completely unrealistic expectation there.

TLOU remake on the PC was the worst release this year of a game and it was done by our favorite developers ND. I didn't see any Xbox fanboys trolling ND.

Not true. Read above.

Is it a decent game, sure but thinking that this should be up there in the 90% range is borderline absurd.
A decent game shouldn't be talked about as if it was a flop. But on this site.. it is one. 87 is a fact that will never change. People here can believe it's a flop all they want but to the general masses it's a solid game. Damn near 90%.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I mean HFW is kinda similar, borders everywhere, you can't really "explore" the word.

But combat in HFW is at least fun, the world looks breath taking and there is no bugs besides a few pop-ins here and there so...
I have not played the second one yet but i can not recall 1 single bug in the first game, not 1.

Days gone, on the other hand, was a fantastic game to me but had loads of bugs, flying zombies and wolves flying above my head haha.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
That depends on how early you are in the game.

I haven't played the main game in a while, but unless my memory is failing me i'm pretty sure when the world opens up fully there are no borders between the towns and other points of interests, the obvious borders are in the edge of the open world.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just stopped for a bit. Some early impressions

- graphics are good, but not incredible. It does look like a last gen game with some very decent texture work.
- UX is absolute garbage. The inventory system is clunky, confusing, there's way too many menus inside menus that lead to other menus.
- gunplay is passable at best, and enemies are bullet sponges.
- at least early on, exploration is fun. I'm still on the introductory stages, but already took a massive detour to check a minig rig and spent a load of time there
- AI is stupid as dick, at least so far.
- how the main story plot is triggered is just lazy. Its too convenient, too fake.
- loading screens galore.
- character creator is passable
- voice acting, so far, is pretty meh. Not bad, just meh

That's all for now.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
BG3 has way more content than this game. You're absolutely insane.
No it does not. LOL! BG3 is my favorite game this year but it definitely doesn't span an entire galaxy dude. That's laughable.

And from an exploration standpoint, NMS shits all over this.
NMS is shit. It has no NPCs, no quests with storyline, looks completely ass, and has no interesting dynamic gameplay systems.

Btw, I'm playing Starfield as I'm writing this.
I don't care. You are playing it with a goal of finding things wrong with it so it can give you credence? I can do the same thing with PS5 games and Nintendo games.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Umm. No. Completely deserving of the score it got. Don't try to imply it's a flop. It's better than a lot of open world games today...and by far.
You are laughable and xbox prob astroturfers too

Keep damage controlling

Enjoy those invisible wall in spaces:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
No it does not. LOL! BG3 is my favorite game this year but it definitely doesn't span an entire galaxy dude. That's laughable.

Is this a joke? What does spanning an entire galaxy (which this game doesn't, unless galaxies now have 1000 planets), have to do with content? BG3 shits all over pretty much every single game to date content wise.

NMS is shit. It has no NPCs, no quests with storyline, looks completely ass, and has no interesting dynamic gameplay systems.

You admitted you haven't played in years, so your opinion is invalid here. And congrats on showing what you're really here about when everything you said about it is wrong.

I don't care. You are playing it with a goal of finding things wrong with it so it can give you credence? I can do the same thing with PS5 games and Nintendo games.

Nope, I'm playing because I want to play. You do realise I had to pay to play now, right you moron?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

I mean like the galaxy with a bunch of "planets" computer generated that you can walk for like 10 mins at most, and most of them are barren wasteland contaning the same outposts. And there is like 4-5 maps ways smaller than Skyrim map.

That is pretty great galaxy dude. Let's be honest here, there is no infinite games that you can play for 500 hrs with great questlines that only costs AAA prices. Only Destiny 2 or MMOs like FFXIV can be that level, and you have to pay for expansions for full price every year.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A decent game shouldn't be talked about as if it was a flop. But on this site.. it is one. 87 is a fact that will never change. People here can believe it's a flop all they want but to the general masses it's a solid game. Damn near 90%.
Come on dude, you are not being honest with quotes like this.

We all know that Microsoft has blacklisted a lot of sites to inflate the overall scoreline of the game.

How many points would it be down from the 87% if other sites had the chance to review it, a couple of points? minus 5 maybe

Am I meant to trust websites with the names XBOX in their titles, that are awarding the game 9.5 -10 scores, please do not tell me you think this game deserves this.

Once again, go look at the bugs on YouTube, There are literally hundreds of them out there, why are you so keen to dismiss them?

The game looks like a solid game, but it is nowhere near a 90.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Is this a joke? What does spanning an entire galaxy (which this game doesn't, unless galaxies now have 1000 planets), have to do with content? BG3 shits all over pretty much every single game to date content wise.
Not going to waste time with this dude. Starfield factually has a shit ton more to do than BG3. And I LOVE BG3, but I'm going to be honest.

You admitted you haven't played in years, so your opinion is invalid here. And congrats on showing what you're really here about when everything you said about it is wrong.
I installed that crappy game.last night and started from the beginning. And yup, 0 story, 0 character creation, 0 NPCs, etc.. if you have the game, load it yourself and watch you get telephones to a world where you start mining for ore.

Nope, I'm playing because I want to play. You do realise I had to pay to play now, right you moron?
Awww.. I got to you that much that you had to show your teenager behavior by taking it personal..