Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I mean like if you like Bethesda formula, you find it fun.

I remember play Oblivion when it comes out for PS3, find it fun. Then playing FO3, literally everywhere you go there is like barrier, and the main story is the most non-sensical bullshit ever, even side quests bored me. Also Megaton and Rivet City is a sub 20fps experience, gosh.

This game probably worse than FO3, since it is a bunch of levels duct taped by teleport rather than full open world.
The Bethesda formula has petered out.
TW3, HFW, TOTK and BG3 all have better open worlds than this.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The loading is way too excessive, I can’t understand why, it’s supposed to be open world, traversal and loading should be seamless.

931bf6f036bdcfcf182eded1b341f0937170005d46837d139f776b6dbac50bee.jpg

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Bet they wouldn't have had these loading issues on ps5 lol
I don’t think it’s the Series X problem. It’s Bethesda. Hogwarts Legacy also has load in between hogwarts sections but it’s masked better, the doors take a little longer to open than they should, it’s much better than a screen fading. I can’t understand why Bethesda didn’t do it. I don’t know, too much loading in 2023 doesn’t feel right to me.

D

Deleted member 223

It's a Bethesda thing - lack of optimization and working with a dogshit engine with clear technical debt. The PS5 will load the fastest of all platforms but neither the Series nor PCs with NVMe's should be loading that way.

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
Maybe it's a good thing M$ stole Bethesda away. I'm sure this game would be an absolute dumpster fire on PS5 if their previous PS releases are anything to go by. Years before the acquisition, I was of the opinion that M$ and Bethesda were in cahoots together because it seemed like the PS releases of all their games were gimped in one way or another compared to Xbox. They never bothered to add trophy support to Oblivion on PS3 even though they added them to the 360 version. PS3 had to wait like an extra year for the Skyrim DLC compared to Xbox. Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4 both had gimped mod support compared to Xbox. Who knows what the "surprise" issue would be with Starfield if it released on PS5.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This entire thread is based on that. No sense in trying to turn a bunch of haters that would never admit MS having a great exclusive for once this generation.
There's a difference between just blindly bashing it and calling spade a spade. Starfield's a decent game with disappointing mechanics/gameplay elements and exploration. It's nowhere near what was advertised. Some of the biggest SM shills and Bethesda fans are critical of exploration. Hell, plenty of videos with bugs are out there. I have it downloaded on the Series X and will play on day one. But all the issues I've seen are very disappointing, especially the space exploration.

Crow here's a well known fanboy that probably subscribes to Xboxinsertsomethinghere.com site ideas that gave it a 10 because it's an exclusive.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This entire thread is based on that. No sense in trying to turn a bunch of haters that would never admit MS having a great exclusive for once this generation.
I’ll happily say it when it happens. This game sucks though. And it isn’t even really an MS game, except in name only. Swooping in and buying a decades old developer that’s always been multi-platform is pretty weak.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't know what platform or photoshop program she used to develop this video but on my PC the game looks 1000x better. I've already given screenshots (which got ignored obviously) and they look nothing like that video....like -- at all.
You have to admit that video is simply hilarious,

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I played a few more hours tonight. The game is basically garbage. The space stuff is so bad I don’t even know how it got out of the concept stage.

Remember that “rumor” a year ago where the contractor on the game said they were working on “finding the fun”? Yeah …. That wasn’t a rumor obviously.

There is no way the Xbox fans truly think it’s a good game. If it was a third party game all those same guys would say it’s a poor example of a bygone era.

Pretty sure I’m gonna give up on it soon.
If you got it on Steam you can get a 100% refund before it comes out on Sept 6 even if you played it all weekend. That's what I read on the Steam forums.

Steam treats it as a preorder during the whole Early Access period so people are taking advantage of it and getting their full money back on Tuesday.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
If you got it on Steam you can get a 100% refund before it comes out on Sept 6 even if you played it all weekend. That's what I read on the Steam forums.

Steam treats it as a preorder during the whole Early Access period so people are taking advantage of it and getting their full money back on Tuesday.
Will he get a refund for the Jacket, onesie and hotpants he got in his ultimate edition?

61lz6EfKeZL._AC_UY741_.jpg