Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Early access concurrent player count touched 248,000+ and estimated owners are predicted to be around 1 million so i doubt it's just Bethesda fans..🤷‍♂️
It's the official release and it only went up to 250,000. Going down 249k...it's not looking good.

Reactions: Ezekiel

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

Lol, according to the usual suspects, 86 meta for an Xbox game should count as 95 because of the wide-ranging conspiracy against the platform in the media, lmao.

I know I’ve said it before, but Xbox fans seem to have some kind of brain mutation that makes them project all the negatives of their beloved platform onto Sony, and it’s fucking hilarious.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I only talk facts.If you don't like facts then blame yourself.
if you're talking facts. Tell me this. why do you have to come to a gaming enthusiast forum to regurgitate the same talking points about this game? wouldn't everyone on here already know about Bethesda's history?

what's your goal? its not like you're talking about your experience of playing the game here.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Most people don't know this but Fallout 76 was created by a side team at Bethesda.This is their first games after Fallout 4.

This is just the start for Starfield. If we look at old Bethesda games then hundreds of millions will be playing this thing for next decade.
This is largely incorrect. It's a pernicious rumour because BGS threw Austin under the bus with the bad 76 launch, but 76 was well supported by BGS teams and even had other studios (such as Arkane, ID Software, Zenimax Online, Irony Galaxy) helping out. Emil Pagliarulo (lead designer for Fallout 3, 4) was the design director for 76 , and recently the design director for Starfield. Project lead Jeff Gardiner was lead producer for FO4, senior producer for Skyrim. I'm sure it was B team somewhat, but it wasn't "created" by a side team at Bethesda as some pet project that they couldn't live up to - it brought to you by executive producer Todd Howard and Emil Pagliarulo.

What's funny about throwing Bethesda Austin under the bus is the biggest flaws with 76 aren't the bugs and such that people complained about, which would be evidenced by the smaller, less experienced development team and the addition of extra programmers from Arkane, but rather the core gameplay design. Chief of this was the lack of NPCs, immediately rectified in the first batch of content for 76. Who can be blamed for that failure of game design except Emil Palgiarulo as design director.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
How is 250,000 concurrent player count on steam is not looking good?...Also, Look at the time.We will see how it preforms tomorrow.I expect concurrent player count to rise.
Not many games rise of the initial release concurrent players. I can think of 3? I'm sure there re more, but that isn't a lot.

Reactions: Ezekiel

J.K.2023

1 Sep 2023
if you're talking facts. Tell me this. why do you have to come to a gaming enthusiast forum to regurgitate the same talking points about this game? wouldn't everyone on here already know about Bethesda's history?

what's your goal? its not like you're talking about your experience of playing the game here.
This thread was about how a popular new game is performing. Everything else was replies to others comments.