Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Let's just remember that BG3 was only available on steam while Starfield has it's audience split between Steam, Game pass pc and Xbox.Also, It being on game pass pc incentivizes majority to save money.Still, Let's wait and see how steam player count develops in future...
We already knew all of that. Cyberpunk, ER and Hogwarts were also cross-gen or on everything. So what? It doesn't change the conccurent on Steam.

For years, we heard that Starfield would reach 1 million concurrent. This info came directly from Xbox shills, they knew it was on Game Pass. It didn't matter. Even last week people were saying Starfield is so big it will reach 1 million concurrent on Steam.

The launch day is not looking good at only 250k. We'll see the next few days.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

Lol, according to the usual suspects, 86 meta for an Xbox game should count as 95 because of the wide-ranging conspiracy against the platform in the media, lmao.

PS games get points deducted because of the dev’s race and nationality, despite some games launching virtually bug free and pushing boundaries tech-wise.

But the same reviewer gives a perfect score to SF because of reasons.

Yeah, a conspiracy against Xbox.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023

Lol, according to the usual suspects, 86 meta for an Xbox game should count as 95 because of the wide-ranging conspiracy against the platform in the media, lmao.

I hate to say this
But I think Ms are hiring mentally ill people to promote xbox division on social media imo

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I hate to say this
But I think Ms are hiring mentally ill people to promote xbox division on social media imo
you must understand that if you are an Xbox hardcore fan, YOU are mentally damaged by Xbox's incompetence since the second half of the 360 era. These people have developed Stockholm syndrome and persecution complex....its their whole identity.

The scary thing is that some of them will feel empty and void of purpose once and if Xbox is able to deliver a constant stream of quality AAA games.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It should go up to 500k on Steam on launch unless many of the 250k asked for a refund.

Then in the next few days/weekend it should go up to 1 million CC on steam. Anything below that is a flop. It was tracking higher than Elden Ring and Hogwarts.

It's at 222k right now.
So the verdict is in and the numbers did NOT go up on launch day. 250k, same as early access peak.

Does it mean many people rushed to refund the game right before the time limit? Very interesting.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
you must understand that if you are an Xbox hardcore fan, YOU are mentally damaged by Xbox's incompetence since the second half of the 360 era. These people have developed Stockholm syndrome and persecution complex....its their whole identity.

The scary thing is that some of them will feel empty and void of purpose once and if Xbox is able to deliver a constant stream of quality AAA games.
No they won't. They don't care about games, they hardly play any games and the ones they do they spend 1-2 hours so they can brag about it on twitter. Their personality revolves around a trillion dollar corporation. The thing right now is that they have had to develop really good mental gymnastics to try to keep defending that corporation. They will perfectly happy to take the W, look at how they acted around an 8/10 game like High on Life or Hifi Rush despite not even playing them.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So the verdict is in and the numbers did NOT go up on launch day. 250k, same as early access peak.

Does it mean many people rushed to refund the game right before the time limit? Very interesting.
It could be the first evidence that we have that gamepass is cratering sales even on Steam

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think that was a joke, pretty sure @Frozone is not @VFXveteran
I Am Everywhere The Walking Dead GIF by FOX International Channels