Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
This thread was about how a popular new game is performing. Everything else was replies to others comments.
a thread created by you. but you have no history in the OT about the game actually talking about your experience playing it or any other threads. just this thread.

Did you buy and currently playing the game? if so why not add to the community in the thread about talking about the game instead.

J.K.2023

1 Sep 2023
This is largely incorrect. It's a pernicious rumour because BGS threw Austin under the bus with the bad 76 launch, but 76 was well supported by BGS teams and even had other studios (such as Arkane, ID Software, Zenimax Online, Irony Galaxy) helping out. Emil Pagliarulo (lead designer for Fallout 3, 4) was the design director for 76 , and recently the design director for Starfield. Project lead Jeff Gardiner was lead producer for FO4, senior producer for Skyrim. I'm sure it was B team somewhat, but it wasn't "created" by a side team at Bethesda as some pet project that they couldn't live up to - it brought to you by executive producer Todd Howard and Emil Pagliarulo.

What's funny about throwing Bethesda Austin under the bus is the biggest flaws with 76 aren't the bugs and such that people complained about, which would be evidenced by the smaller, less experienced development team and the addition of extra programmers from Arkane, but rather the core gameplay design. Chief of this was the lack of NPCs, immediately rectified in the first batch of content for 76. Who can be blamed for that failure of game design except Emil Palgiarulo as design director.
You might not know this but executive producer title can be earned by doing the bare minimum.I doubt Todd and his guys had much involvement in the game.People see Bethesda name and assume that it's from same team that created fallout 4.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
How is 250,000 concurrent player count on steam is not looking good?...Also, Look at the time.We will see how it preforms tomorrow.I expect concurrent player count to rise.
There was already 200k people playing BEFORE the game launched today then it launched and it only went up 50k. How is that good? Basically only 50k new users worldwide.

Dropping to 247k...

J.K.2023

1 Sep 2023
a thread created by you. but you have no history in the OT about the game actually talking about your experience playing it or any other threads. just this thread.

Did you buy and currently playing the game? if so why not add to the community in the thread about talking about the game instead.
I just saw my account being approved and Starfield launched around the same time.🤦‍♂️

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: KiryuRealty

J.K.2023

1 Sep 2023
There was already 200k people playing BEFORE the game launched today then it launched and it only went up 50k. How is that good? Basically only 50k new users worldwide.

Dropping to 247k...
Again, You might not know this but concurrent player are the number of people active that time.It's not same as total number of players which some estimates show to be high as a million before game official release.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is normal.

Being fair the number is very small if take in consideration that the game is good and there are over 10 million Bethesda fans starving for several years…

What is a bit worrying is that the concurrent users are not increasing yet in the launch day.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ultimateFF

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Again, You might not know this but concurrent player are the number of people active that time.It's not same as total number of players which some estimates show to be high as a million before game official release.
Most people when discussing games on PC use concurrent players as a metric, which is why when the concurrent players of BG3 went up a week after release it was newsworthy, and why when Redfall had only 15 concurrent players on Steam it was newsworthy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I just saw my account being approved and Starfield launched around the same time.🤦‍♂️
https://icon-era.com/threads/microsofts-history-of-astroturfing-and-stifling-competition.1248/
PWJxtaE.jpg

Yeah you can't fool me. Have fun living in this thread and spreading your agenda about a game you spending more time capping for than actually playing.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Duh. I know that but for the sake of comparison with similar releases like BG3, Elden Ring, Hogwarts or Cyberpunk we have to look at conccurrent users at launch. They all had way higher than that, regardless of the time.

J.K.2023

1 Sep 2023
Most people when discussing games on PC use concurrent players as a metric, which is why when the concurrent players of BG3 went up a week after release it was newsworthy, and why when Redfall had only 15 concurrent players on Steam it was newsworthy.
Ofcourse, I only corrected false assumption of only new 50k new users worldwide.

Reactions: Nimrota

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
It should go up to 500k on Steam on launch unless many of the 250k asked for a refund.

Then in the next few days/weekend it should go up to 1 million CC on steam. Anything below that is a flop. It was tracking higher than Elden Ring and Hogwarts.

It's at 222k right now.
Early access that showed the flaws of this game, 7/10 + less than 90 MC, and GOTY candidate which launched on better console than xbotz PS5 at the same time, will do more damages to this game than MS predicted 🤣 .

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Lol, according to the usual suspects, 86 meta for an Xbox game should count as 95 because of the wide-ranging conspiracy against the platform in the media, lmao.

It is actually the opposite… reviewed trend to be more harsh to Sony’s games than Microsoft’s games.

If Sony released a game in the state of Halo Infinite then the Metascore should had been around 70-80.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It is actually the opposite… reviewed trend to be more harsh to Sony’s games than Microsoft’s games.

If Sony released a game in the state of Halo Infinite then the Metascore should had been around 70-80.

Going into this "Andrea Pichinini"

"she" looks like a paid shill, no normal person simps this hard for a corporation.

Reactions: Nimrota and ethomaz

J.K.2023

1 Sep 2023
Duh. I know that but for the sake of comparison with similar releases like BG3, Elden Ring, Hogwarts or Cyberpunk we have to look at conccurrent users at launch. They all had way higher than that, regardless of the time.
Let's just remember that BG3 was only available on steam while Starfield has it's audience split between Steam, Game pass pc and Xbox.Also, It being on game pass pc incentivizes majority to save money.Still, Let's wait and see how steam player count develops in future...

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly