Starfield | Review & Discussion Thread

What scores do you think StarfieId will get?

• 50-55%

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 55-60%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-65%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 65-70%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • 75-80%

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EDMIX

Omg it hit my projected score!!! Damn I'm good it is indeed at 83 🤣🤣🤣
lol I thought it would be like 85-84 etc, its lower then I thought it would hit imho.

Its a solid game, but it just has too many issues to be beyond a 83. I think with mods and years of time it will be seen as a staple RPG, but this year goes to Baldur's Gate 3.

@Would_you_kindly lol yesssssssss I don't know if I'll say its as bad as RedFall (granted I didn't play that game), Starfield is a solid 7 title, which is still pretty good, but imho...Fallout 4, Fallout 3, NV, Skyrim etc were all better received.

I think on Earth its more of a grounded concept (pun intend), but in space...you need to take advantage of those concepts like finding some lost ship, looting it and finding some child whos family got killed by pirates and opening up some quest, I feel so many missed opportunities to expand the idea of what they do great, but in space. This literally feels like Fallout, but without VATS. I can't even say "Fallout in Space" cause the idea of "space" in this game is a series of loading screens...

It feels like, after the ship battles, they just gave up on other concepts regarding space, nevermind that a whole fucking idea can exist around this where MOST of the game should have been focused on. Look at the show The Expanse, it has a whole world that is just a massive mining ship where the whole city exist in space. More could have been done with this concept.

Not RedFall bad, but not Skyrim good lol

As in, Starfield in Space, is not like Skyrim on Earth. Starfield...95% of its focus seems to be on planets and not actually space.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Starfield is as mid as I knew it would be just like like ghostwire , deathloop & the god awful redfail maybe Microsoft did do them a favour by buying them because everything they were working in is shite time will tell when we actually see something that started development under Microsofts thumb my bet is that it will be microtransaction central to compensate for lack of sales
Bethesda was going bankrupt after Prey, Dishonored and Fallout 76 and now you can add Starfail, Redflop, DeathPoop, Bankruptcy Tokyo and Hifi Flushed.

They made zero profits in years. Homeless Howard is lucky Phil is dumb as rock.

Friday night in USA and the CCU is 186k 😬

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Bethesda was going bankrupt after Prey, Dishonored and Fallout 76 and now you can add Starfail, Redflop, DeathPoop, Bankruptcy Tokyo and Hifi Flushed.

They made zero profits in years. Homeless Howard is lucky Phil is dumb as rock.

Friday night in USA and the CCU is 186k 😬
Twitch viewership is down bad too. No one cares about the game except the suckers who got conned into paying money who now have to cope with their purchase.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I wouldn't say such activities are tertiary, especially in a roleplaying game. Stuff like that along with shipbuilding are how your character presents themselves in the world. They are also a great expression of creativity
Does anyone in the game comment on your ship?

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Small analysis of this week: Starfield had more player this Tuesday night than Friday night. Tuesday peaked at 219k, Friday peaked at 207k.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Imagine paying $1 for this company. Their games are too specific and particular. Beth need a pallet cleanse kinda like what Sony done with Sony Santa Monica and god of war, forced them to reimagine gow.

You cant just reskin your games, give them a different title and call it a day, you have to change the shit up.

EDMIX

add Starfail, Redflop, DeathPoop, Bankruptcy Tokyo and Hifi Flushed

lol yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

laugh-michael-jordan.gif

My favorite one is Bankruptcy Tokyo lol

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I wouldn't say such activities are tertiary, especially in a roleplaying game. Stuff like that along with shipbuilding are how your character presents themselves in the world. They are also a great expression of creativity
It's a useless argument on here to argue with people who will never see any of the good about Starfield. It's a MS exclusive and as such will be treated with disdain.

Enjoy the game and reply to the people are also enjoying the game like me.

Anyway, I'm finding that every planet I visit I must explore it for the badge of "Surveyed everything". It constantly distracts me from my goal. But I love seeing the different fauna and hidden sites on the planets/moons.

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
It's a useless argument on here to argue with people who will never see any of the good about Starfield. It's a MS exclusive and as such will be treated with disdain.

Enjoy the game and reply to the people are also enjoying the game like me.
It is what it is, but I do like pointing out dishonest arguments and close-mindedness.
Anyway, I'm finding that every planet I visit I must explore it for the badge of "Surveyed everything". It constantly distracts me from my goal. But I love seeing the different fauna and hidden sites on the planets/moons.
The only sorts of planets to get 100% surveys on are gas giants or planets without special traits.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It is what it is, but I do like pointing out dishonest arguments and close-mindedness.
I get it but you are fighting a losing battle there. 90% of the people here hate the game with a passion. They'll never agree with whatever good points you mention and certainly won't admit that they are arguing in bad faith.

The only sorts of planets to get 100% surveys on are gas giants or planets without special traits.
I'm talking about actually going on the planet and surveying all the fauna, flora and unknown locations. The gas giants can't be explored understandably.