State of Play, September 24th 2024

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Keep discussion within bounds of responsibility and try not to say anything that reflects badly on you or the forum please ❤️
Today is a difficult day for longstanding PlayStation fans. It's hard to collect emotions and find an appropriate way to express it. It's just so damn frustrating. Nobody is happy about PlayStation being in America. The grave mistake which could end Sony. These new movies in Hollywood flip left and right. The same fate will await PlayStation. PS6 will be Sony's last console I bet...

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Today is a difficult day for longstanding PlayStation fans. It's hard to collect emotions and find an appropriate way to express it. It's just so damn frustrating. Nobody is happy about PlayStation being in America. The grave mistake which could end Sony. These new movies in Hollywood flip left and right. The same fate will await PlayStation. PS6 will be Sony's last console I bet...
It's not gonna be that bad, things have a way to recenter themselves.

🙏

Reactions: Eternal_Wings

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
And it looks just like a dlc... this is ps5 we are talking about and this looks like a ps4 game.
but don't worry there is Alan wake dlc where you play as SAGA...
That ghost of yotei seems like a smaller project, Ghost of Tsushima 1.5 from initial impressions. Cautiously optimistic but it seems like more an expansion rather than a sequel
“This is also Sucker Punch’s first game built from the ground up for PlayStation 5, and we’re excited to build on the visual foundation we established in Ghost of Tsushima by making the world feel even more real. We have massive sightlines that let you look far across the environment, whole new skies featuring twinkling stars and auroras, even more believable movement from wind on grass and vegetation, and more improvements we’ll share in the future. Our new setting also gives us the opportunity to introduce new mechanics, gameplay improvements, and even new weapons.”

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Nothing, in the same way that there isn't nothing wrong with playing with lesbians or ugly etc. characters. As long as they are cool, charismatic, well made characters (like Ellie, Jin, etc.) and not a boring, uncharismatic woke replacement or companion who is there basically just to check a mark.

I don't have any issue with blacks, or lesbians or whatever. I have an issue with being replacing almost every single iconic characters I love because some people have an issue with their skin color, gender, sexuality etc.

If you prefer ugly, androginous, uncharismatic etc. characters good for you and I hope you liked Concord, and the gazillion more they will continue releasing like that. It's good they make games for you.

But I also want to see Sony internal games making games with characters who target players like me. I want to keep at least some of them we had in the past.

Nobody is being replaced. People like you are just not use to seeing different types of people in the entertainment medium other than yourselves and what you are use to. The status quo.

There was a comment by John Carmack where he said he didn’t get the big deal about having different races in video games until he saw the reactions of people seeing themselves on the screen expressed that way.

I’m not at all for diversity being forced in entertainment. But just because there’s a different race or ethnic group in a game or movie that doesn’t mean it was done on purpose to check a box to please anybody. Those people can be there because it makes sense and that’s the story that wanted to be told.

Landiri

12 Sep 2024
"PlayStation Fans" are more happy than ever.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
So what was the other remaster Jeff Grubb was referring to?

Likely spiked because of the leak and response to Horizon remaster, but the reality is a 10 dollar upgrade has a decent chance of spiking a lot of interest for the game and almost certainly much needed revenue for Bend.

Say 10 million people have the game, not even including those who got it for free as part of PS+ collection, if only 5 percent upgraded, that's 500K units at 10 dollars a piece... That's 5 million dollars (less Steam royalties for that percentage).

A studio of ~138 people making let's say an average of 85K a pop due to lower cost of living in Oregon... It would fund nearly half their salaries for a year...

That doesn't even include net new buyers, particularly people buying it after this movie comes out (if it comes out).

People hate on these remasters, but as upgrades it's a win win for everyone. Publisher, developer, and consumer (new and old).