State of Play, September 24th 2024

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
you guys dont want TLOU1 and HZD at 4k60fps?

maxresdefault.jpg
I want TLOU Factions Remastered/The Lost Levels?
I want TLOU Online?

I was hoping Horizon ZD's story would hold against its open world design, but it just wasn't for me. I fringe-notes heard the story fell off with the sequel too. I almost feel like it should be just an dlc event thing "new Horizon monster added to the rotation, go, go, go" at State Of Plays. Maybe with smaller pocket dlc story chapters for keeping tabs on Alloy/wider world lore every so and so.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022

Whole company is a joke! 😂

Xbox seems to think those games are important enough to claim they're coming to Xbox too. However, Xbox does banger shows and Sony doesn't.

The show is a 7/10. It needed a proper 1-2 punch of a major First Party IP at the start and the end. Some wild complaints about the show:
- For one person, the show got a point less for a remaster that is a tenner upgrade. If it was removed the game would score higher. Jesus wept.
- The Ghost of Tsushima sequel not having Jin even though he is canonically dead for a few hundred years. Sucker Punch extracted every ounce of what they could do with the GoT time period that a sequel wouldn't have anything new to add. It would be a sequel with almost zero improvements over the PS5 version. A newer time period, character and location was inevitable.
- the presenter discussing third party games was a "token" presenter. Forget the fact the presenter has worked with Sony for around 8 years and is the current global head of third party portfolio. Rather than have this "token" Sony should use a model presenter. Yeah, I'll ask the next Tyra Banks for her gaming input as that's not a token presenter but someone with 8 years experience is a token. Imagine claiming next year after Ghost of the Yetai!!! that the game isn't good because of a State of Play a year prior had a chunky presenter. Please write that review.

This was an interesting thread for poor takes. The show wasn't a home run but if the games aren't ready why show them too early? The show was effective and there were some classic games returning such as Legacy of Kain, Lunar & Dino Crisis, the PS Plus announcement was top tier and we saw some new games. I don't know what people expect from a show?

Stonehorn81

20 Sep 2024
Ghost of DEI. Female samurai?

I’m hyped for the Lunar games finally coming back though. I don’t like playing my CE copies, as they are both mint and complete. Probably the coolest box sets of the PS1 era.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Of course, why not have another "FeMaLe" protagonist game? Killed my excitement for the new Ghost.

Goddess of War next.

Naughty Dog next game will have a female lead or "other gender" next.

Cory's next game too

Next Uncharted will be Drakes Daughter

Bend = female lead

Might aswell expect it

• sad
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Ghost of DEI. Female samurai?

I’m hyped for the Lunar games finally coming back though. I don’t like playing my CE copies, as they are both mint and complete. Probably the coolest box sets of the PS1 era.
In Ass Cream Japan the main issue is a black samurai in a game where you can also play as a woman. No issue with a female role as the issues were with the black samurai.

GoY has a female lead and it's a problem now? They existed before Jin and this is set hundreds of years on from that.

At least you have good taste with Lunar.

Stonehorn81

20 Sep 2024
In Ass Cream Japan the main issue is a black samurai in a game where you can also play as a woman. No issue with a female role as the issues were with the black samurai.

GoY has a female lead and it's a problem now? They existed before Jin and this is set hundreds of years on from that.

At least you have good taste with Lunar.
Why would I give a fuck what Ubi does? I was never playing their shitty series anyway. Why would you even bring Ass Creed up in relation to my comment about Ghost? There’s no relation to me because I hate Ubisoft’s open world collection trash.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
That’s some cope. This is not a spinoff, it is the 2nd full game in the Ghost series.

LOL, where is he even getting the scope from a 3 minute trailer?

It might not have a Mongol invasion, but I'd much rather not have super generic enemies. I grew absolutely bored of them in God of War Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2.

TLOUP2 did a much better job of giving individual enemies even if they're a repeat enemy type some more uniqueness to it and no surprise it wasn't open world.

I would love a much more crafted opposition, but that doesn't mean it is a smaller scope.

Reactions: Stonehorn81

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Why would I give a fuck what Ubi does? I was never playing their shitty series anyway. Why would you even bring Ass Creed up in relation to my comment about Ghost? There’s no relation to me because I hate Ubisoft’s open world collection trash.
I'm bringing up general complaints of an upcoming release that is comparable to GoY. No one complained about a female character but today it's an issue. You have a problem with a female lead because of what?

Reactions: Exicide

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Naughty Dog next game will have a female lead or "other gender" next.

Next Uncharted will be Drakes Daughter
Their Uncharted game already had two (non-white) females, both androginized and uglyfied versus previous games, where most bad guys and dumb/weak characters were white males.

But seems pretty likely that in the next game the main character will be the daughter, or will be a transitional game with Nate and the daughter as due and they kill him somewhere in the game.

I'm bringing up general complaints of an upcoming release that is comparable to GoY. No one complained about a female character but today it's an issue. You have a problem with a female lead because of what?
In my case, I don't have an issue with playing with a female/non-white/no-hetero/etc, or with putting a female lead in a GoT game, or with this specific character (the mask, hat and costume looks cool). If only would be with this game, or with some (let's say they choose half of their main IPs with human protagonists to do it proportional to the population or maybe their audience) would be ok.

I mean, TLOU1 had a (lesbian) female co-lead. Everybody was perfectly ok with it and nobody complained about it. GoT had the Asian guy, everybody was perfectly ok with it (normal for a samurai/ninja game) and nobody complained about it. They were both iconic and charismatic and didn't feel like a tokenism replacement, there wasn't woke lecturing in their story etc.

The issue comes from seeing most Sony IPs with human protagonists being replaced by tokenized characters, like replacing males for females or putting a female companion -such replacement/comanion normally not as charismatic and likable as the iconic protagonist- preparing the replacement for the next entry. Same goes with LGTB, non-white etc.

You get tired of seeing all the iconic characters you love being removed, specially when the reason is that these woke folks have an issue with their skin color, gender or sexuality. And also with having female characters appealing to males as if males being attracked by females would be something evil (for them is). And even more when it did happen with all of them with maybe only Kratos (whose series also got wokenized a bit, but not to that point) as exception.

Their focus should be to make cool, charismatic, likable, iconic characters and stories. Not to replace what their aundience loves for a social engineering agenda that Blackrock, Rockefeller or Bill Gates want to set hidden in nice words like 'diversity', 'representation', etc.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Shinobi teased on Era that Sony has more for 2025.
Of course they have more. Astrobot wasn't announced until this year. No point doing the PS4 presentations where it's announced years out. I like some hype but not wanting to hear of a game over 2 years out from release.

Reactions: Petekilla

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It's obvious at this point. They are holding back and waiting till the games are closer to release. See Astrobot and Yotei.
Of course they have more. Astrobot wasn't announced until this year. No point doing the PS4 presentations where it's announced years out. I like some hype but not wanting to hear of a game over 2 years out from release.
Yeah. Possibly Until Dawn 2, Bluepoint’s next game, or an OG GOW remaster, they did tease that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luffy123