Stellar Blade developer Shift Up fired two contractor feminists who cried about fanservice to shareholders.

24 Jun 2022
I'm not boycotting Stellar Blade when many of these same people were cheering and celebrating a $3 trillion company buying arguably the most toxic 3P publisher in the industry with grifting and bogus talking points, to then immediately fire almost 2,000 people including many from the toxic 3P publisher they just purchased (who very likely were not among the people contributing to said toxicity).

Nah, I'm tired of the selective boycotts, you know the kind. If I like a game, I'll check it out.

24 Jun 2022
Like, I don't condone any mistreatment of employees based on gender, ethnicity, creed or stuff like that, obviously. If those problems exist, they need to be looked into and fixed as soon as possible.

But I'm also not going to ignore work I'm otherwise interested in because of those issues, otherwise I'd have to be fair and do it with all instances. Meaning most likely, I'd have to ignore ALL work because chances are something's involved in the BTS of any work's creation that could be considered slightly offensive to some group. I mean, that's only fair if we're talking about equality here, right?

That's not what it's really about for people who selectively say "boycott this!" but then completely ignore similar or worst things with certain much bigger companies or projects, because they have some type of vested interest in them (credibility, monetary, career-wise, etc.). Nah, they can miss me with that.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I'm not boycotting Stellar Blade when many of these same people were cheering and celebrating a $3 trillion company buying arguably the most toxic 3P publisher in the industry with grifting and bogus talking points, to then immediately fire almost 2,000 people including many from the toxic 3P publisher they just purchased (who very likely were not among the people contributing to said toxicity).

Nah, I'm tired of the selective boycotts, you know the kind. If I like a game, I'll check it out.
It's pretty obvious that they're just latching onto this controversy as a smokescreen for their crusade against all things PlayStation.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Model Flexing GIF by G2 Esports

Reactions: Entropi

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm absolutely a feminist and I say we need more sexy women in games. I will be buying this.
Feminism doesn't mean people need to be prudes, somewhere along the way people started mistaking unrealistic beauty standards being somewhat harmful in real life to "no media should ever have good looking people" - games are frickin fiction and an escape from reality

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Feminism doesn't mean people need to be prudes, somewhere along the way people started mistaking unrealistic beauty standards being somewhat harmful in real life to "no media should ever have good looking people" - games are frickin fiction and an escape from reality
Send that memo the feminism HQ stat so they get the message!

Reactions: Diah

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Bless their hearts. Those ladies are doing free marketing for Stellar Blade. Day 1, baaaaby.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It's actually much worse lol

Ah, this means Im gonna buy a physical copy while in Japan. Fuck these loons.

They should go give that same energy to the music industry who sexualise women all the time.

But there small brains cant do real rebelion, only what they are told they should fight.

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Women like sexy characters. Look at all the cosplay and what sells on instagram. Women are taking pictures with their own cameras and putting it out there.

Preorders are starting on Feb 7 and you get a nice suit 👀

View attachment 3944

A little anecdotal, but I remember playing Saints Row 3 with a friend of mine. Her character bore a marked resemblance to Bayonetta. She used her own characteristics (long, black hair - for example) and upped the sexiness to 11. The idea that a few extremists speak for women on Twitter is completely off-base. I hope this game does exceptionally well and that message starts to get through to game companies. Very few of your paying customers have an issue with sexy characters, so stop listening to the tiny amount of people on social media who do.