Stellar Blade developer Shift Up fired two contractor feminists who cried about fanservice to shareholders.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
How did we get to a point where a great piece of ass is wrong to enjoy?
I will not judge.

judge pigs GIF

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Maybe she didn’t have a choice. It was either that or starve, I don’t know
Who knows, most people just take jobs because they're there.

However, we know the pattern of "sgw/woke/whatever the name is this week" blackmailing their employer with internet outrage points (because it has often worked in the past).

Reactions: Diah

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I came across a tweet today that I think is relevant to the current gaming landscape. Instead of being excited about an upcoming game that could potentially be great, we are often told to not get our hopes up because of rumors and gossip with no credible sources. Whatever happened to simply enjoying games and discussing our experiences with them?

insert "gaming" instead of films and books and the results it still the same

I always wondered what the Elephant Man would look like with a beard.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Maybe she didn’t have a choice. It was either that or starve, I don’t know

It's like a climate activists working for a fossil fuels company, it makes no sense.

Unless she only joined to cause trouble

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
It's like a climate activists working for a fossil fuels company, it makes no sense.

Unless she only joined to cause trouble
Where I like the University "climate science" cursus is about 3/4 how to generate change in society and other activism B.S. along 1/4 boiler plate climate "science". Obviously no mention of physics, biology or chemistry.

So they create activists disguised as scientists... I can see someone joining a company to disrupt it.

Reactions: Box

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Where I like the University "climate science" cursus is about 3/4 how to generate change in society and other activism B.S. along 1/4 boiler plate climate "science". Obviously no mention of physics, biology or chemistry.

So they create activists disguised as scientists... I can see someone joining a company to disrupt it.
That's because western education has completely failed to cultivate the math skills of students. Real climate science is all advanced math with bare minimum calculus and statistics with differential equations.

Reactions: Diah and Box

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's because western education has completely failed to cultivate the math skills of students. Real climate science is all advanced math with bare minimum calculus and statistics with differential equations.
I used to find it funny whenever someone in the news said something like "it's not because it's cold this winter that global warming isn't true".

Then I took notice of all the regular people freaking out every time there is a heat wave.

So I lost complete trust around the time climate science experts and/or activists spoke of drastically reducing population (this is one of the lever we can "control") and then all that "climate emergency" rebranding. This is not something you can act on like this is an emergency.

So with all the b.s. in how they are building the next generation of scientifics you can count me out (tbf I had been for a while when I saw this).

I still ride my bike 🥳.

Reactions: Box

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I used to find it funny whenever someone in the news said something like "it's not because it's cold this winter that global warming isn't true".

Then I took notice of all the regular people freaking out every time there is a heat wave.

So I lost complete trust around the time climate science experts and/or activists spoke of drastically reducing population (this is one of the lever we can "control") and then all that "climate emergency" rebranding. This is not something you can act on like this is an emergency.

So with all the b.s. in how they are building the next generation of scientifics you can count me out (tbf I had been for a while when I saw this).

I still ride my bike 🥳.
The sad truth is there is literally 0 we can do about it, whether you believe something is happening or not (and I do). Human behavior isn't so easily dictated, and it's unethical even disregarding the logistics of collectively forcing everyone to go back to preindustrial consumption levels. The most I am personally doing is refusing to bring kids into a world that will probably slide into chaos and instability within 50-100 years, if not sooner.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The sad truth is there is literally 0 we can do about it, whether you believe something is happening or not (and I do). Human behavior isn't so easily dictated, and it's unethical even disregarding the logistics of collectively forcing everyone to go back to preindustrial consumption levels. The most I am personally doing is refusing to bring kids into a world that will probably slide into chaos and instability within 50-100 years, if not sooner.

The world isn't dying any time soon, we actually now have more trees than we did 200 years ago. Reforestation around the world has been very successful. Many species have built back their numbers fue to conservation efforts. (Yes this should of been done long ago, but its not too late to fix the world)

We shouldn't be taking this doomer nihilistic approach of "just giving up" when it comes to environmental issues.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Don't worry, many are doing the no kids thing for different reasons as well as this one... That alone causes other problems with society, but that makes it an automatic win for the degrowth activists... And I'm not about to run around and tell women to have more kids, so this is happening and we will have to deal with it.

The research and information about the feedback loops with methane that was held in permafrost. Back then they already said that it may be unstoppable (not some blog hot head, the actual scientist in the documentary, back when scientific coverage made sense... Or I was young and naive).

Either way, the Co2 and what not is no longer mainly emitted in Occident, so any hope of control is pretty much lost.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The world isn't dying any time soon, we actually now have more trees than we did 200 years ago. Reforestation around the world has been very successful. Many species have built back their numbers fue to conservation efforts. (Yes this should of been done long ago, but its not too late to fix the world)

We shouldn't be taking this doomer nihilistic approach of "just giving up" when it comes to environmental issues.
A lot of last summer's fires in North America were made worse by our refusal to manage forests. There was more fuel to burn, the weather and a few people who really love fires did the rest.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Hmm I wonder what they teach in North America and Europe in secondary education?

My country has required basic economics and discrete math in mandatory circulum for higher secondary since 2017. A little too late, but better than nothing.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Hmm I wonder what they teach in North America and Europe in secondary education?

My country has required basic economics and discrete math in mandatory circulum for higher secondary since 2017. A little too late, but better than nothing.
basically they only teach you algebra and some geometry/trigonometry. but the problem isn't the curriculum, it's the fact that the entire education system doesn't teach kids the absolute necessity of having basic math skills, kids are ok just failing their way through math or doing bare minimum to pass because "math is hard" - when most math is very easy to understand logically. Kids don't like to think and the teachers don't make them so they'd rather memorize formulas than understand the concepts, that starts at an early age and it just compounds the problem. and because a lot of adults are bad at math they aren't really able to help their kids.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
basically they only teach you algebra and some geometry/trigonometry. but the problem isn't the curriculum, it's the fact that the entire education system doesn't teach kids the absolute necessity of having basic math skills, kids are ok just failing their way through math or doing bare minimum to pass because "math is hard" - when most math is very easy to understand logically. Kids don't like to think and the teachers don't make them so they'd rather memorize formulas than understand the concepts, that starts at an early age and it just compounds the problem. and because a lot of adults are bad at math they aren't really able to help their kids.
To be fair most of math are pretty useless.

Geometric, make sense .Trigonometric functions, Cortesian, three dimensional, bla bla.

But I don't ever recall time I need to use shit like matrix.

I have troubles learning that shit in advanced class back in 3rd year high school to get collage for a degree that is also useless for the rest of my life. So many stupid bloats could be cut, I meant like probably 60% of my countrymen don't know where the Ring of fire is. Like cmon

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
To be fair most of math are pretty useless.

Geometric, make sense .Trigonometric functions, Cortesian, three dimensional, bla bla.

But I don't ever recall time I need to use shit like matrix.

I have troubles learning that shit in advanced class back in 3rd year high school to get collage for a degree that is also useless for the rest of my life. So many stupid bloats could be cut, I meant like probably 60% of my countrymen don't know where the Ring of fire is. Like cmon
sure most people with service jobs won't use it much but the fact is a lot of people who might be able to get computer related jobs aren't able to because there's a lot of math in software development and they have to relearn it or they are just shitty and write bad code that doesn't do what it's supposed to.