Stray : Review Thread

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
In general, Sony does such a great job in chosing the right studios and the right games in my opinion.

But almost every Indie they have showcased has done well outside of Playstation. Which is I think a worthy discussion in itself if im being honest.

i think this was part of the criticism with the indies though. I remember jeff grubb or someone saying playstation only cares about the higher end "boutique" indies and not like the low budget steam stuff lol

but thats what people actually want. they want the double A games or stuff that are highly stylish like hollow knight, cult of lamb, hades...etc, I'd rather playstation be selective in giving me this high quality AA games rather than just shoving a bunch of mediocre whatever games in my face that i'd end up ignoring, and im someone that is usually pretty in tune with indie releases.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
But almost every Indie they have showcased has done well outside of Playstation. Which is I think a worthy discussion in itself if im being honest.
I've seen even a lot of PC guys see trailers for third-party games from State of Plays or Showcases and look to see if that title is also on PC. So they raise awareness for them even on those platforms too.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
i think this was part of the criticism with the indies though. I remember jeff grubb or someone saying playstation only cares about the higher end "boutique" indies and not like the low budget steam stuff lol

but thats what people actually want. they want the double A games or stuff that are highly stylish like hollow knight, cult of lamb, hades...etc, I'd rather playstation be selective in giving me this high quality AA games rather than just shoving a bunch of mediocre whatever games in my face that i'd end up ignoring, and im someone that is usually pretty in tune with indie releases.

yea and all the developers that complain about their game not getting store space, are the developers making same pixel art side scrollers or some kind of game mod from Source engine.

Indie scene is insane now, you need to understand that you are in a sea of indie developers, and not everything is going to hit like a kena, or deaths door, or tunic or a sifu.

I like that Sony is going after the diamonds.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Guys, I sincerely apologize for merging the threads and causing the emphasis of review to be buried among the messages of the old thread. It was not my intent to piss people off (obviously). I wanted to make the thread have more exposure by having lots of pages concerning the same topic.

If you are pissed that I did that - I'm sorry.
If you are pissed because I did that with malice intentions - you need to see a shrink.

I'm not on this site to make life miserable for Sony fans. My intention is to help build a site that does not resemble GAF / Ree - which isn't hard to do provided people keep an open mind. If you genuinely hate me because you can't get over past arguments on GAF, that's beyond my control nor anyone else's. It's up to you to make this site a place you would enjoy. Our staff can only do but so much.

Carry on..
Since i have taken you under my wing, you have become a much better person.

We still have a long way to go, your love for Pc, Xbox, furries and k-pop will slowly get diminished over time.

Now sing with me brother

D

Deleted member 13

We still have a long way to go, your love for Pc, Xbox, furries and k-pop will slowly get diminished over time.

Now sing with me brother

Didn't I tell you that I have a magic Ring of Resistance for Mind-altering sorcery? You will NEVER bring my INT low enough! :ROFLMAO:

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
yea and all the developers that complain about their game not getting store space, are the developers making same pixel art side scrollers or some kind of game mod from Source engine.

Indie scene is insane now, you need to understand that you are in a sea of indie developers, and not everything is going to hit like a kena, or deaths door, or tunic or a sifu.

I like that Sony is going after the diamonds.
it is good, good games get exposure and funds. shit games isn't. it raising standards, and as customer, it is important.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand the PSN store, I log in today and it says hey this game on your wishlist is available today!

Go to store, the game is not being advertised anywhere on the main page of the store. Why not?

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I don't understand the PSN store, I log in today and it says hey this game on your wishlist is available today!

Go to store, the game is not being advertised anywhere on the main page of the store. Why not?
That's Sony for you, they make good games and hardware but half ass everything else.

• sad
Reactions: Nym
OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That's Sony for you, they make good games and hardware but half ass everything else.
i don't think it is half ass, it is preferences for them. sometimes they do Deathloop nonsense marketing, sometimes 0 exposure like Stray. no consistency,

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
As I figured I'm having no issues, I'm averaging about 140 FPS and it's running like any other game would. It's not some magic PC, it's just a really powerful one that's bloat free and well configured.

Also as I said I'm using an AMD GPU which is an outlier and likely not what anyone used for reviews. Most "issues" don't exist for me in general.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Now sing with me brother

My boy fish!

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I just played the intro and I almost cried 😳

It looks really good. The CC on Steam is 63K so big success. I'll play more tomorrow.

Last edited:

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Game looks great in ultrawide, really adds to the experience. So far I'm greatly enjoying it, it's nice playing a simple game like this once and a while. Gives me a bit of the vibes of something like Inside.

stray.png

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
As I figured I'm having no issues, I'm averaging about 140 FPS and it's running like any other game would. It's not some magic PC, it's just a really powerful one that's bloat free and well configured.

Also as I said I'm using an AMD GPU which is an outlier and likely not what anyone used for reviews. Most "issues" don't exist for me in general.
I’d love to try those AMD cards, but for professional reasons I'm stuck with Nvidia.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 13
D

Deleted member 140

It's a beautiful game, I love the way the devs are able to convey emotions, I really enjoy my time with it so far.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 38

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's a beautiful game, I love the way the devs are able to convey emotions, I really enjoy my time with it so far.

STOP IT! I'm waiting for my physical edition to be sent and it's only getting submitted later in the year because it's a special edition.

(I'm kidding, lovely you're enjoying it)