Stray : Review Thread

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's not how things work and it's very system and configuration dependent. I won't have a single issue, per usual.

Yes, you have this magical computer that never has issues when running games. I bet your computer would run Assassin's Creed Unity without any patches flawlessly. Some say your computer is so special it ran Cyberpunk completely bug free from day one and already includes non-released DCL.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Yes, you have this magical computer that never has issues when running games. I bet your computer would run Assassin's Creed Unity without any patches flawlessly. Some say your computer is so special it ran Cyberpunk completely bug free from day one and already includes non-released DCL.
I kind of do, also most people run Nvidia (I do not) and this issue is generally where that resides.

Configuration matters.

• haha
Reactions: Swolf712

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Looking forward to playing this one

Same. I'll be holding off that special physical edition though.

In the meantime I have acquired Deliver us the Moon and Kena to keep me entertained.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
It's because PS5 has one fixed GPU, on PC you have thousands of different configurations and drivers, so the game has to compile the shaders for your setup. On PS5 they are already baked in the installation.

And to be fair they could have force shader compilation on startup, which apparently the game doesn't. It's a pain in the ass as it slows the whole process of actually playing the damn thing, but it fixes a bunch of issues.

For all its flaws, even Star Wars Battlefront 2 does this.

Theap99

21 Jun 2022
Idk if I'm gonna resub to ps plus just for this. They should be launching a FEW new games of this calibre every month, not just one

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
And to be fair they could have force shader compilation on startup, which apparently the game doesn't. It's a pain in the ass as it slows the whole process of actually playing the damn thing, but it fixes a bunch of issues.

For all its flaws, even Star Wars Battlefront 2 does this.
Lot's of PC games do this, very long shader compilation at startup and then it doesn't bother you no more, HZD PC does this, Warzone does this. But for some reason UE4 games don't, never understood as to why.

Reactions: Deleted member 13

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Idk if I'm gonna resub to ps plus just for this. They should be launching a FEW new games of this calibre every month, not just one
Again, how is that sustainable? So just give away 3-4 30 dollar games for like 12 bucks a month, when that cost has to cover a bunch of other stuff as well? It's the same dangerous thing as Game Pass, where people will start thinking software is not worth paying for.

I'm buying the game at full price and happy to do so. I'd rather do that then get it for less on a service, because it's directly supporting the creators.

OP
OP
Gediminas

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Again, how is that sustainable? So just give away 3-4 30 dollar games for like 12 bucks a month, when that cost has to cover a bunch of other stuff as well? It's the same dangerous thing as Game Pass, where people will start thinking software is not worth paying for.

I'm buying the game at full price and happy to do so. I'd rather do that then get it for less on a service, because it's directly supporting the creators.
how long developers can do that? they created Stray, and what about next game? some people thinks that money grows on trees or what? we can get these type of experiences and quality games while we pay. period.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Confira-todos-trofeus-e-platina-de-Stray-e1657545730315.jpg

Game Information​

Game Title: Stray
Platforms:
  • PlayStation 5 (Jul 19, 2022)
  • PlayStation 4 (Jul 19, 2022)
  • PC (Jul 19, 2022)
Trailers: