Stray : Review Thread

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
all the cat people came out of hiding this week i see (including me)

1998-cats.gif

D

Deleted member 13

Guys, I sincerely apologize for merging the threads and causing the emphasis of review to be buried among the messages of the old thread. It was not my intent to piss people off (obviously). I wanted to make the thread have more exposure by having lots of pages concerning the same topic.

If you are pissed that I did that - I'm sorry.
If you are pissed because I did that with malice intentions - you need to see a shrink.

I'm not on this site to make life miserable for Sony fans. My intention is to help build a site that does not resemble GAF / Ree - which isn't hard to do provided people keep an open mind. If you genuinely hate me because you can't get over past arguments on GAF, that's beyond my control nor anyone else's. It's up to you to make this site a place you would enjoy. Our staff can only do but so much.

Carry on..

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I am very happy for them!! It's so, so good to see a smaller sizes game being successful, even if it does not feature any combat and action. The gaming industry offer so many varied experiences for all tastes.

Funny enough almost every game Playstation has partnered with when it comes to indies does better numbers than their previous title.

Sifu sold more than Absolver in its first couple weeks.

I think Sony putting these in their State of play's and promoting them has helped them sell outside of playstation.

Just my take on it.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
The only person that doesn't get stutter is @DynamiteCop , as his PC is magic! 🪄

Who knows.... maybe he doesn't!

Or maybe the stutter only happens in certain instances or maybe its overblown.

I'm sure it will either get a fast patch or we will hear why it happens from some of the analysts....

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Who knows.... maybe he doesn't!

Or maybe the stutter only happens in certain instances or maybe its overblown.

I'm sure it will either get a fast patch or we will hear why it happens from some of the analysts....
It's seems to be the shader compile bug, which is notorious in Unreal Engine games. Happened on the PS4 a lot too, though im not sure if the PS4 version of Stray also has it. Will be interesting to see!

D

Deleted member 140

Funny enough almost every game Playstation has partnered with when it comes to indies does better numbers than their previous title.

Sifu sold more than Absolver in its first couple weeks.

I think Sony putting these in their State of play's and promoting them has helped them sell outside of playstation.

Just my take on it.

In general, Sony does such a great job in chosing the right studios and the right games in my opinion.