ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
How's this?
facepalm2.png

I think this would also be a good one to have:

doubt.png
Bahaha. Mr LA Noir should replace the thinking hard reaction with Doubt reaction.

Reactions: Falcs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Picard's facepalm coloring is probably good for shrinking-down to reaction size?

How did it go for "surprised pikachu" 1st draft (super) sonic movie reaction?
The problem is that hands and face are similar colors/tones so at 32x32 it becomes exceedingly hard to distinguish and everything becomes a blob

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The problem is that hands and face are similar colors/tones so at 32x32 it becomes exceedingly hard to distinguish and everything becomes a blob
I imagined a stylized version of the arm/body, something like this... but I cant find any decent image editing apps on Android to play around at 32x32 sizes myself, admittedly. Maybe try and comic-outline the fingers, as the outer head is?

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I imagined a stylized version of the arm/body, something like this... but I cant find any decent image editing apps on Android to play around at 32x32 sizes myself, admittedly. Maybe try and comic-outline the fingers, as the outer head is?

il_794xN.2360945106_o7t8.png I guess it could work

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'll try and find one with a translucent background or something similar.

We'll have a bit of fun with the reactions while we can because if the site has a more professional overhaul, they will all become more or less uniform in style. But that is a way off...

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'll try and find one with a translucent background or something similar.

We'll have a bit of fun with the reactions while we can because if the site has a more professional overhaul, they will all become more or less uniform in style. But that is a way off...
I can do it when i get home, making transparencies is easy on pc but not ideal on phone while I'm at work

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
@anonpuffs @ksdixon @AshHunter216 @FatKaz @BroodCorp @Sircaw and any others..

I'd like to know which Forum design / layout you like the most out of the big gaming sites... Resetera, Neogaf, Famiboards, Installbase or any others!
I personally dgaf about design, i care about functionality. Icon is fine but it could use larger filesize limits which i know we've spoken about before. Otherwise it serves its purpose well.

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I personally dgaf about design, i care about functionality. Icon is fine but it could use larger filesize limits which i know we've spoken about before. Otherwise it serves its purpose well.

We have a server upgrade coming very soon! So that will help a lot with specifically that type of thing.

Reactions: anonpuffs

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
@anonpuffs @ksdixon @AshHunter216 @FatKaz @BroodCorp @Sircaw and any others..

I'd like to know which Forum design / layout you like the most out of the big gaming sites... Resetera, Neogaf, Famiboards, Installbase or any others!
IMO iconera, neogaf and resetera design wise sit at the top, clean, easy to read and navigate.

Features wise iconera is up there with neogaf, resetera seems a bit outdated because of lack of basic features like leaving reactions.

• brain
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think it is better to keep the homepage clean since it is a forum after all.

I'll hash it out in the discord with the others... if there is no change, I didn't get far. But it's possible they could see it your way.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Generally I like minimalism and square avatars in the thread view, which resetera and neogaf have.

The design on the homepage is very nice. I like the banners which I assume are highlighted/popular threads. Makes the forum feel more active and alive.

• Shake
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Generally I like minimalism and square avatars in the thread view, which resetera and neogaf have.

The design on the homepage is very nice. I like the banners which I assume are highlighted/popular threads. Makes the forum feel more active and alive.

Hmmm, we can easily change the avatars to squares...

Anyone else prefer square?

Might just change it and wait for feedback..

Reactions: BroodCorp
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
BTW, all of the suggestions here are noted and if they are too complicated or require customization, we will discuss them when we are doing major upgrades in the future.

Reactions: BroodCorp