The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024

Etifilio

Still on this PC stuff? I bet most people here would rather not have PC ports but bringing up the same old crap over and over again won't change anything. If you're so dissatisfied with Sony, vote with your wallet. Sell your PS5 and move to something else.

Reactions: Papacheeks

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
LMFAO you're actually worse than i though, you actually bring A LOT OF MADE UP SHIT to the conversation with garish words to try to have a point, Sony reversed a lot of policies due to public scrutiny from DRM on their console back in 2013
Accuses someone of making up shit.
Proceeds to make up shit.

The PS4 never had always online DRM. I repeat, it never had it. Sony implemented DRM like the Xbox360 (which by itself is already worse for consumers than what the PS3 had) and never actually reversed anything. The only ones "reversing" anything were MS.

That's an old "SonyToo" misinformation being spread by Xbox cultists back then. Only the most gullible or the most dishonest would stand by it.

Last edited:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Data shows that people don't use BC much. People talk about it a lot on line, but few people actually use it
Maybe last gen, when people still were building up their digital collection, that was the case. But I, for example, still play at least as many PS4 games as PS5 games on my PS5. 🤷‍♂️

BC became an expectation again, and as a consumer, I'm glad for it.

• Shake
Reactions: toadsage44

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022

Etifilio

Still on this PC stuff? I bet most people here would rather not have PC ports but bringing up the same old crap over and over again won't change anything. If you're so dissatisfied with Sony, vote with your wallet. Sell your PS5 and move to something else.
The PC stuff (which I am also not happy with, btw) is one thing. But he is just regurgitating old long disproven PCMR and Xbox fanatic BS, makes me question his honesty tbh.

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
@Old Gamer

I actually tried telling TrishCat about the DRM thing.
They couldn't believe it, but I told them it's FUD spread by Xbots since the 360 generation. There's even a Twitter account that specifically tracks if a particular game can be played offline 100% or not... and they called out Microsoft/Xbox several times for it.

It's exactly like Jack Tretton/Shawn Layden said in the past, if they did do that (DRM of any kind), it would kill their relationship with brick & mortar retailers, and they would (very likely) stop carrying physical/retail discs belonging to Playstation. Of course, things are a bit different now, since more folks are moving to digital, but the original point still stands. You won't get a situation (with PS4 and PS5) where you are locked out of playing your digital or disc games if you are not logged into PSN.

Edit: Here is the account if anyone is interested: https://x.com/DoesItPlay1
Also, https://delistedgames.com/ (for those that are worried about DIGITAL-only).

Last edited:

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

The PS4 never had always online DRM. I repeat, it never had it. Sony implemented DRM like the Xbox360 (which by itself is already worse for consumers than what the PS3 had) and never actually reversed anything. The only ones "reversing" anything were MS.

That's an old "SonyToo" misinformation being spread by Xbox cultists back then. Only the most gullible or the most dishonest would stand by it.

I remember that. Sony was planning to do exactly what the Xbone tried to do, but reversed their decision due to the backlash MS received. It was a pathetic attempt at deflection by hardcore Xbox fanboys with no factual evidence, then or now, to back it up. It does go to show that Sonytoo has been going on for a long time now, though.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

This is why @Old Gamer is my go to guy in regards to Sony stuff, he knows his stuff. ❤️

Dating advice however, not so much as he has been divorced 3 times and has 8 kids that he knows off.

It is what it is.

Happy Little Girl GIF

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Here's another "garish" word for you, cloud gaming is a nascent market.
This is a final written warning to you: Stop using words that I have to look up to understand their meaning.

I have dyslexia FFS, and English is hard enough with out you throwing a spanner in the works.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
A guy comes to this thread hoping to get entertained by the latest Playstation doom & gloom theories we used to get daily on the forum's front page, just to get confronted with wall text after wall text about why the thread should or should not exist.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

1/10 would not recommend this thread.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A guy comes to this thread hoping to get entertained by the latest Playstation doom & gloom theories we used to get daily on the forum's front page, just to get confronted with wall text after wall text about why the thread should or should not exist.

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

1/10 would not recommend this thread.
Are you saying my plan to cut back on negativity is working?

Woohoo!!!!

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
You won't get a situation (with PS4 and PS5) where you are locked out of playing your digital or disc games if you are not logged into PSN.
PSN games have a minimal one-time license activation DRM - done on installation usually. Publishers may choose to add their DRM on top (like the Final Fight PS3 version).

Physical games that are complete in the disc (unless they are from a publisher like Activision) are fully playable offline.

• Surprised
Reactions: 2spooky5me and Umar

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
So, am I supposed to post here exclusively now? 😂
Concord is a good game but the problem is it feels like the game characters designs made by a crazy Netflix & sweet baby Inc fanfic
It's like the game number 1 goal is to piss off the Playstation fandom lol
But the good thing is Playstation fans made there voice clear in the last state of play
Concord got a negative reaction and astro bot got a positive reaction

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Concord is a good game but the problem is it feels like the game characters designs made by a crazy Netflix & sweet baby Inc fanfic
But the good thing is Playstation fans made there voice clear in the last state of play
That is sad to be fair.
That means Sony message means too Sony can't invest in new and good games.
Complete the opposite of what is the DNA of Sony's PlayStation that always focused and lead the game industry to new gaming experiences.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I need the media industry as a whole off that whole train. tasteless as hell.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
All the Concord hate mainly comes from PC fanboys. Sony should had made it exclusively only on PS5. Then the hate would be much less.

PC is now enemy number one, it’s about time Sony wakes up and realizes that

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Nah fuck that, I'm still mad on this whole idea of condensing to one thread. It hits the ear all wrong, imo. Can we trial a game rant sub board at least?

Reactions: Diah