The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
@Sircaw a lot of people left this site because Sony is making all of the wrong decisions since 2020, they're following the 3rd place company brand that is about to implode from inside out, it has absolutely nothing to do with "doomers and gloomers" or their threads, people on here are shills who are constantly EMBARASSING themselfs with their opinions on Xbox and their recent moves even tho they know internally Sony has plans to do 95% of what MS is doing now

Nah, Its because the same people go on about the same thing over and over and over again. And I agree with most these points but its getting boring. Sign your prediction and then stop going on about it. You’ll get your reward when it happens.

Someone new coming in and they just see the same people arguing with each other lol. Just be happy you were right when it happens.
Until then, stop going on about how this will fail because of this and how this sucks because I dont like the look of it, or Im offended that you are offended about me not being offending about what your offended about…blah blah blah

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I understand many of you don't like Sony's direction; I too, have been critical of things like their gas games and running radio silent for such a long time.

Same. I dont like the Radio Silent, PC ports and many thing ( Gaas/MP I dont mind). But I try to mix it up a bit lol. Yeah Ill complain but not bring it up with every discussion on the forum

• Heart
Reactions: Sircaw

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Same. I dont like the Radio Silent, PC ports and many thing ( Gaas/MP I dont mind). But I try to mix it up a bit lol. Yeah Ill complain but not bring it up with every discussion on the forum
you should complain, Jim Ryan said "PlayStation users seem to not care that games are releasing for PC" a few years back, then he approved a whole slate of games to be ported, if "toxic" people raised their voices in 2020, nothing of this would be happening right now

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
you should complain, Jim Ryan said "PlayStation users seem to not care that games are releasing for PC" a few years back, then he approved a whole slate of games to be ported, if "toxic" people raised their voices in 2020, nothing of this would be happening right now

And it's been discussed a hundred/thousand times; what are you trying to accomplish by stating it over again and again?

Do you think Jim Ryan has a personal link to icon and judges his decisions on our posts are something?

What are you actually trying to do that has not already been said before?

Last edited:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I get my information from various forum users, and several of them talk to me daily.

Most of them are 100% not Sony shills, but rather people that just want to enjoy, sit back, talk about and play games.

You are somehow conflating the two.

I understand many of you don't like Sony's direction; I too, have been critical of things like their gas games and running radio silent for such a long time.

I love Sony single-player games, and it annoys me they have not shown anything in such a long time, it really vexes me to no end.

But this site was not made for people to constantly moan or keep linking the same Nostramadmas doomsday predictions.

Eventually, if we keep going on the way people like @nhohohm want you to go, we will have 10 members left, all negative people sitting in their own pool of toxic waste.

By all means, make your posts and criticise Sony; you are allowed to do so, and no one is stopping you, but don't keep making the same points over and over again and cry when that post gets moved.

Like I said, I am here to enjoy games, are you?
i can enjoy games and be critical/concerned at the same time about the future of the platform i invested thousands of dollars and more than a decade on, but these punishements to members who express their concerns or point at hypocritical members should not happen, there should be a more viable way to stabilize the experience for both and not just one type of member, that's all i'm saying

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
And it's been discussed a hundred/thousand times; what are you trying to accomplish by stating it over again and again?

Do you think Jim Ryan has a personal link to icon and judging his decisions on our posts are something?

What are you actually trying to do that has not already been said before?
he may not have a personal link to IconEra, but you fail to realize Sony looks at this, Cerny himself said he watched videos such as this and looked at comments in forums, you can ask ANY core PlayStation user about PC releases and i can guarantee you 98% of them are against and some express concerns about future ramifications it'll lead

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
he may not have a personal link to IconEra, but you fail to realize Sony looks at this, Cerny himself said he watched videos such as this and looked at comments in forums, you can ask ANY core PlayStation user about PC releases and i can guarantee you 98% of them are against and some express concerns about future ramifications it'll lead
Linus is a big media channel which reaches tens of millions of people and can have societal impact. He ain't coming to some little 1000 user forum. Although it would be funny af

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
That's the problem with posters like @Etifilio is that not only do they go on and on derailing conversations with the same talking points but that they're mostly just attention seeking and have delusions of grandeur.

They think their prattle is equivalent to a video that got 2.8 million views and also fail to recognize that they took the piss out of that video.

Nishino and Hulst aren't here on this board reading you rant your doomsayer predictions, which mind you remain at all times vague. Even if someone from Sony was hear to read your posts, they're laughable in terms of actual analysis and its because your goals are different from Sony's goals. Sony's goals are to grow and your goal is for Sony to stay the same as they were largely when the company was floundering.

I think it's fine for you to be critical of Sony and I think you're acutely aware that your own financial decisions have no real impact on Sony, but ranting here isn't punishing them or changing anything, it's just annoying everyone.

I'm critical of Sony for many things, but I don't harp on these things. I thought Spider-Man 2 was dull and a chore to finish. Great... that game came out almost a year ago... move on... Will I buy Wolverine day 1? Maybe, maybe not. If it has the same formula as SP2? Probably not. I personally have zero interest in GaaS. I'm not buying Helldivers or Concord. Does that mean Sony shouldn't fund these games? No, that's ignoring market realities to their own detriment, which will eventually be my detriment.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: voke

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That's the problem with posters like @Etifilio is that not only do they go on and on derailing conversations with the same talking points but that they're mostly just attention seeking and have delusions of grandeur.

They think their prattle is equivalent to a video that got 2.8 million views and also fail to recognize that they took the piss out of that video.

Nishino and Hulst aren't here on this board reading you rant your doomsayer predictions, which mind you remain at all times vague. Even if someone from Sony was hear to read your posts, they're laughable in terms of actual analysis and its because your goals are different from Sony's goals. Sony's goals are to grow and your goal is for Sony to stay the same as they were largely when the company was floundering.

I think it's fine for you to be critical of Sony and I think you're acutely aware that your own financial decisions have no real impact on Sony, but ranting here isn't punishing them or changing anything, it's just annoying everyone.

I'm critical of Sony for many things, but I don't harp on these things. I thought Spider-Man 2 was dull and a chore to finish. Great... that game came out almost a year ago... move on... Will I buy Wolverine day 1? Maybe, maybe not. If it has the same formula as SP2? Probably not. I personally have zero interest in GaaS. I'm not buying Helldivers or Concord. Does that mean Sony shouldn't fund these games? No, that's ignoring market realities to their own detriment, which will eventually be my detriment.
first of all, i NEVER even mentioned Nishino or Hulst in this conversation, stop bringing shit up and putting words in my mouth, i mentioned Mark Cerny and Jim Ryan quotes, Jim Ryan himself said HE HEARD from users that they feel more comfortable when a game goes to PC after 3 or 4 years instead of 2, Mark said he looked at comments in forums, he didn't specify, but even if he looked at big forums like reddit, people are complaining there too, so yeah, they look at their users and opinions they have on their decisions and changes, i'm not saying they camp on forums in fear of user opinions or what they're saying, but they do look into it

i never said my "prattle" is equivalent to a Linus Tech video, this is you again bringing shit up, i'm just saying the fact that there are videos like that, already show the danger of what Sony is doing to their console and the ramifications it can lead in the future, we're seeing the first console generation in history to not see price drops, instead of that we saw price increases, so prices can be one of the cons about consoles in the long term future if this continues, we're also seeing the rise of afforable portable PCs like the Steam Deck that costs only $399 and runs all of the games Sony released on PC so far, further diminishing the console and and being a potential threat to the future, Valve surely will keep on investing in new iterations of their hardware that will run PlayStation games better and better overtime, other thing that i always mention, giving too much power to valve and their storefront is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS when you have your own storefront, situations like the Helldivers 2 Account Link Drama show how little control Sony had over their own proprierty on a competitor storefront

you don't have to think anything about me or my criticisms about Sony cause i NEVER asked your opinion about it, i never said i want Sony to stop growing, in fact, PS5 is their most profitable generation ever, they already surpassed PS4 profits and we're just 4 years in, they don't need to go to PC and prostitute their IPs to other consoles in order to grow, they can grow their own IPs inside of their own console (and it's working so far, God Of War Ragnarok beat all time records for debut week of a PlayStation first party title, Spiderman 2 broke the same record not even 1 year later, so first party is growing without the need of PC and its threats for the console) by doing what they're doing with PlayStation Productions, popularizing these IPs more and bringing awareness to these titles so more people who are on PlayStation actively purchasing games ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE and never played a game like The Last Of Us, God Of War or Horizon can be interested in buying the game and TV enthusiasts even purchasing a PlayStation to play them, that's how you attrack more people without cannibalizing your core product, not by going to another platform where people will feel acomodated to wait and play everything with the best experience, but by popularizing your IPs to the max and bringing people over to your product

i also want to add that whatever vision you have of the future of gaming, this utopic world where billions of gamers play games like The Last Of Us on their phones and tablets is completely wrong, these people don't care and don't want console games and data proved that even natively, people on phones refuse to buy these AAA games such as Death Stranding and Resident Evil 4 Remake, game of the year contenders, the only thing it'll do is dilute the PlayStation console audience and separate gamers that should be on the PlayStation/PlayStation Store, not on Steam/App Store growing their libraries there

i also want to add that i were NEVER against Sony pushing live service, they lack on multiplayer and i see that as a deficiency that needs to be filled, what i was against them doing is forcing singleplayer focused studios doing these games when they have no experience or passion for such projects, then studios like Haven, Firewalk, Arrowhead should come in, i was also critical of Sony purchasing studios like Firewalk and Haven without even seeing the results their games would show firsthand

Last edited:

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
first of all, i NEVER even mentioned Nishino or Hulst in this conversation, stop bringing shit up and putting words in my mouth, i mentioned Mark Cerny and Jim Ryan quotes, Jim Ryan himself said HE HEARD from users that they feel more comfortable when a game goes to PC after 3 or 4 years instead of 2, Mark said he looked at comments in forums, he didn't specify, but even if he looked at big forums like reddit, people are complaining there too, so yeah, they look at their users and opinions they have on their decisions and changes, i'm not saying they camp on forums in fear of user opinions or what they're saying, but they do look into it

That's the problem with people saying off hand things like this. It gives people in mentally susceptible conditions, delusions of grandeur.

"If only we complain enough, they'll see it, and if they see it, they'll ignore all the real data and metrics that they use to make their actual business decisions on, and they'll repent"

What you're referring to is soft metrics, and yeah it exists for sure, but you take it with a grain of salt, especially when the hard metrics fly in the face of it.

i never said my "prattle" is equivalent to a Linus Tech video, this is you again bringing shit up, i'm just saying the fact that there are videos like that, already show the danger of what Sony is doing to their console and the ramifications it can lead in the future, we're seeing the first console generation in history to not see price drops, instead of that we saw price increases, so prices can be one of the cons about consoles in the long term future if this continues, we're also seeing the rise of afforable portable PCs like the Steam Deck that costs only $399 and runs all of the games Sony released on PC so far, further diminishing the console and and being a potential threat to the future, Valve surely will keep on investing in new iterations of their hardware that will run PlayStation games better and better overtime, other thing that i always mention, giving too much power to valve and their storefront is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS when you have your own storefront, situations like the Helldivers 2 Account Link Drama show how little control Sony had over their own proprierty on a competitor storefront

Just the fact that they're videos like that? Linus always makes videos like that and its always been clownish. To create a PC that could be as powerful as a PS5, he used used parts ignoring the fact that these used parts collectively were more expensive than a used PS5. Why did he do this, because he is looking for views and that doesn't make as interesting a video. He did the same video for the PS4.

That prices are rising should clue you in to reality, but they aren't. The price of PC gaming is ALSO increasing, but you don't know that because you aren't a PC gamer, you just have this mythology about how PC gaming works and what the audience is.

Just look how you're extrapolating about the success and dangers of the Steam Deck and system that you have no sales figures for and by all means isn't selling all that well by what metrics we do have.

you don't have to think anything about me or my criticisms about Sony cause i NEVER asked your opinion about it, i never said i want Sony to stop growing, in fact, PS5 is their most profitable generation ever, they already surpassed PS4 profits and we're just 4 years in, they don't need to go to PC and prostitute their IPs to other consoles in order to grow, they can grow their own IPs inside of their own console by doing what they're doing with PlayStation Productions, popularizing these IPs more and bringing awareness to these titles so more people who are on PlayStation actively purchasing games ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE and never played a game like The Last Of Us, God Of War or Horizon can be interested in buying the game, and TV enthusiasts even purchasing a PlayStation to play them, that's how you attrack more people without cannibalizing your core product, not by going to another platform where people will feel acomodated to wait and play everything with the best experience, but by popularizing your IPs to the max and bringing people over to your product

Yes, the PS5 is the most profitable generation Sony has ever had because they're making the decisions that are profitable rather than the decisions you want them to make. Explain to me why they weren't so profitable during the PS1 and PS2 generations. What is the golden generation that Sony should model themselves after?

i also want to add that whatever vision you have of the future of gaming, this utopic world where billions of gamers play games like The Last Of Us on their phones and tablets is completely wrong, these people don't care and don't want console games and data proved that even natively, people on phones refuse to buy these AAA games such as Death Stranding and Resident Evil 4 Remake, game of the year contenders, the only thing it'll do is dilute the PlayStation console audience and separate gamers that should be on the PlayStation/PlayStation Store, not on Steam/App Store growing their libraries there

i also want to add that i were NEVER against Sony pushing live service, they lack on multiplayer and i see that as a deficiency that needs to be filled, what i was against them doing is forcing singleplayer focused studios doing these games when they have no experience or passion for such projects, then studios like Haven, Firewalk, Arrowhead should come in, i was also critical of Sony purchasing studios like Firewalk and Haven without even seeing the results their games would show firsthand

The reality is that gaming is growing outside of console gaming and Sony is adapting to that. That doesn't mean making AAA games on mobile or whatever strawman you have. T2 didn't buy Zynga to make GTA6 mobile. They did it for Empires and Puzzles. Does sony want their IP on mobile? Yes, but they're not talking about AAA gaming.

I don't know if you're a kid or just maybe don't have a lot of work experience, but I can tell you that needing to wait until a game is released to buy a studio is results oriented rather than process oriented and it is the wrong way of thinking and if you were a manager and had sufficient management experience, you'd know that process oriented is far better than results oriented.

Sony bought Guerrilla games and they had only produced Killzone for them and that game wasn't a megahit. Their game before was a complete bomb: Shellshock 67 or something. You buy studios for talent, management, and tech. Not just because their game sold x copies. Same reason why Sony bought Housemarque despite Returnal not being a big hit. Commercial success depends on SO many factors outside of just a game being quality.

You have a lot to learn in life.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
@Sircaw a lot of people left this site because Sony is making all of the wrong decisions since 2020, they're following the 3rd place company brand that is about to implode from inside out, it has absolutely nothing to do with "doomers and gloomers" or their threads, people on here are shills who are constantly EMBARASSING themselfs with their opinions on Xbox and their recent moves even tho they know internally Sony has plans to do 95% of what MS is doing now
Wow, this I just cant.

Sony is not doing the same thing MS is doing full stop.

Sony literally has been making smart moves and pivots. Not everything works out, psvr2 was a bust. But the portal has exceeded their expectations to the point it looks like we might get a dedicated handheld from Sony.

They are beating PS4 numbers by %8 at being almost $200 more than what PS4 was priced at in same time frame.

Sony is fine. Go outside and read a little.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Wow, this I just cant.

Sony literally has been making smart moves and pivots. Not everything works out, psvr2 was a bust. But the portal has exceeded their expectations to the point it looks like we might get a dedicated handheld from Sony.

They are beating PS4 numbers by %8 at being almost $200 more than what PS4 was priced at in same time frame.

This was the worst news for doomsayers and it frustrates them to no end. Being up 8% with no price cut and with no pro model for the same time period (North America) flies in the face of their predictions. They have no explanation for that.

They can't stop to assess that tangibly people are not moving from console to PC any more than they're moving from PC to console.

The data flies in the face of their theories and shows that there aren't even headwinds implying their theory could be correct.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Papacheeks

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

you don't have to think anything about me or my criticisms about Sony cause i NEVER asked your opinion about it, i never said i want Sony to stop growing, in fact, PS5 is their most profitable generation ever, they already surpassed PS4 profits and we're just 4 years in, they don't need to go to PC and prostitute their IPs to other consoles in order to grow, they can grow their own IPs inside of their own console (and it's working so far, God Of War Ragnarok beat all time records for debut week of a PlayStation first party title, Spiderman 2 broke the same record not even 1 year later, so first party is growing without the need of PC and its threats for the console) by doing what they're doing with PlayStation Productions, popularizing these IPs more and bringing awareness to these titles so more people who are on PlayStation actively purchasing games ON THE PLAYSTATION STORE and never played a game like The Last Of Us, God Of War or Horizon can be interested in buying the game and TV enthusiasts even purchasing a PlayStation to play them, that's how you attrack more people without cannibalizing your core product, not by going to another platform where people will feel acomodated to wait and play everything with the best experience, but by popularizing your IPs to the max and bringing people over to your product

I understand you're worried about the future of Playstation (many of us are) but now that Nhom is banned you have the spotlight all on you.

You just have to tone it down until Sony announces something and then you can react in that thread. Sony is actually very silent right now (as usual) so you're just reacting to the same thing over and over again on old news.

Hang in there ❤️

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I understand you're worried about the future of Playstation (many of us are) but now that Nhom is banned you have the spotlight all on you.

You just have to tone it down until Sony announces something and then you can react in that thread. Sony is actually very silent right now (as usual) so you're just reacting to the same thing over and over again on old news.

Hang in there ❤️
Yep, @Etifilio, he is giving you some solid advice here,

And why you did not talk some common sense into your Nhom buddy is beyond me.

Because Of You Fangirl GIF by Temple Of Geek

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That's the problem with people saying off hand things like this. It gives people in mentally susceptible conditions, delusions of grandeur.

"If only we complain enough, they'll see it, and if they see it, they'll ignore all the real data and metrics that they use to make their actual business decisions on, and they'll repent"

What you're referring to is soft metrics, and yeah it exists for sure, but you take it with a grain of salt, especially when the hard metrics fly in the face of it.
LMFAO you're actually worse than i though, you actually bring A LOT OF MADE UP SHIT to the conversation with garish words to try to have a point, Sony reversed a lot of policies due to public scrutiny from DRM on their console back in 2013, paid upgrades to Horizon Forbidden West previously promissed for free in 2022, GT7's terrible monetization model, belittle of backwards compatibility to even the recent Helldivers 2 Account Link Drama, and you can be sure, if core PlayStation users actually made NOISE back in 2020 when they started this expansion to PC, and when i mean noise, i mean PC player type of noise, none of their games after Horizon would be on PC, you know what i love about PC players? they're not corporate bootlickers like you, people like you are the open sewer of console gaming, you don't GIVE A S*IT if PS6 fails, you're actually mentioning T2 and GTA a lot... all your coins are in GTA 6 to sell PS5s, a franchise that releases a game every 11 years, not only you talk like corporate bootlicker, you talk like an analyst, an analyst that actually doesn't analize the future of the brand he licks the boots for, data can point to a lot of different things, data pointed to MS that Consoles should be TV Boxes because people were using their Xbox's to watch Netflix and Consoles should have the same DRM implementations as PCs because of the second hand market and look where they are today, data also showed subscriptions to be the future of all entertainment mediums and look at GamePass, look at Stadia, data showed Consoles wouldn't be here today and Mobile would dominate over everything

Just the fact that they're videos like that? Linus always makes videos like that and its always been clownish. To create a PC that could be as powerful as a PS5, he used used parts ignoring the fact that these used parts collectively were more expensive than a used PS5. Why did he do this, because he is looking for views and that doesn't make as interesting a video. He did the same video for the PS4.

That prices are rising should clue you in to reality, but they aren't. The price of PC gaming is ALSO increasing, but you don't know that because you aren't a PC gamer, you just have this mythology about how PC gaming works and what the audience is.

Just look how you're extrapolating about the success and dangers of the Steam Deck and system that you have no sales figures for and by all means isn't selling all that well by what metrics we do have.
he did the same video for PS4, but on the PS4 generation you couldn't play Sony's own first party software, you would rely on third party games. back in PS4 days "first" party games were actually made to sell and popularize the console, people who were interested in specific franchises bought a Playstation to play them, now they look at these videos and see that PC can run these games at a better quality with an affordable price, maybe 100 or 200 dollars more but without paid multiplayer this can be recoup really fast, i lost track of the amount of times i already saw people using memes about PlayStation 5's lack of exclusivity on social media, saying all they have is Bloodborne because everything is on PC, all of this sticks to the brand, these memes were the same memes that used to be made for Xbox when they started putting games on PC, becoming the laughing stack of the internet, the process has been slower for PlayStation but it leads to the same results, and fyi Steam Deck sold 3M units so far, it's no small amount considering Vita sold 16M to this day and had a decade on the market

Yes, the PS5 is the most profitable generation Sony has ever had because they're making the decisions that are profitable rather than the decisions you want them to make. Explain to me why they weren't so profitable during the PS1 and PS2 generations. What is the golden generation that Sony should model themselves after?
or because gaming has grown overall, and despite console sales not growing... user spend got higher, in the other side there's you, defending Sony opening their platform, benefiting Valve and their already monopolistic storefront on PC, defending them putting their IPs on other consoles instead of actually release products that actually compete with them like a native portable handheld to sell more digital games through the PS Store, and very soon, you'll be defending them putting PS Plus on every device possible, despite your beloved data showing you there is no growth beyond consoles for Cloud Gaming and most users only use it to test games before downloading

The reality is that gaming is growing outside of console gaming and Sony is adapting to that. That doesn't mean making AAA games on mobile or whatever strawman you have. T2 didn't buy Zynga to make GTA6 mobile. They did it for Empires and Puzzles. Does sony want their IP on mobile? Yes, but they're not talking about AAA gaming.
the CEO of the company himself says their future is wherever there is computing, a refrigerator has computing today
I don't know if you're a kid or just maybe don't have a lot of work experience, but I can tell you that needing to wait until a game is released to buy a studio is results oriented rather than process oriented and it is the wrong way of thinking and if you were a manager and had sufficient management experience, you'd know that process oriented is far better than results oriented.
watch Firewalk be closed in the next 24 months 🥱
Sony bought Guerrilla games and they had only produced Killzone for them and that game wasn't a megahit. Their game before was a complete bomb: Shellshock 67 or something. You buy studios for talent, management, and tech. Not just because their game sold x copies. Same reason why Sony bought Housemarque despite Returnal not being a big hit. Commercial success depends on SO many factors outside of just a game being quality.

You have a lot to learn in life.
if there's one thing i know about Sony... if one project fails, they cut ties with the studio, doesn't even matter if they produced multiple great games, I'm still mourning Ready At Dawn, you need to learn to respect opinions other than yours and to stay outside of threads you don't want to engane in, there is an ignore button in this forum, i recommend you to use it, or go stay on Twitter where there are multiple corporate bootlickers like you.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Wow, this I just cant.

they lost VR to Meta and they're not beating PS4 overrall, only in some regions like North America and Japan

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

Hang in there ❤️
i know many of you are, and i know many pretend they aren't, and i'm not reacting to the same things, Xbox announced they're putting their stuff on FireStick and i'm actually reminding people that Sony is going to do the same before they embarass themselfs more and have to backtrack and move goalposts in a couple months/years, this type of thread is being considered doom and gloom

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
LMFAO you're actually worse than i though, you actually bring A LOT OF MADE UP SHIT to the conversation with garish words to try to have a point, Sony reversed a lot of policies due to public scrutiny from DRM on their console back in 2013, paid upgrades to Horizon Forbidden West previously promissed for free in 2022, GT7's terrible monetization model, belittle of backwards compatibility to even the recent Helldivers 2 Account Link Drama, and you can be sure, if core PlayStation users actually made NOISE back in 2020 when they started this expansion to PC, and when i mean noise, i mean PC player type of noise, none of their games after Horizon would be on PC, you know what i love about PC players? they're not corporate bootlickers like you, people like you are the open sewer of console gaming, you don't GIVE A S*IT if PS6 fails, you're actually mentioning T2 and GTA a lot... all your coins are in GTA 6 to sell PS5s, a franchise that releases a game every 11 years, not only you talk like corporate bootlicker, you talk like an analyst, an analyst that actually doesn't analize the future of the brand he licks the boots for, data can point to a lot of different things, data pointed to MS that Consoles should be TV Boxes because people were using their Xbox's to watch Netflix and Consoles should have the same DRM implementations as PCs because of the second hand market and look where they are today, data also showed subscriptions to be the future of all entertainment mediums and look at GamePass, look at Stadia, data showed Consoles wouldn't be here today and Mobile would dominate over everything

First off, I'm dead on the "garish" words, I'm assuming that any word I used that you had to look up qualifies as "garish".

None of these policies were major policy positions by Sony.

• They're not going to lose a ton of money selling Horizon for slightly less money for the PS4 version
    • Data even showed that people were still buying the PS5 version more than the PS4 version even with the free upgrade
  • Gran Turismo changed the monetization, but it didn't all change for the better and it never changed much to begin with
  • Arrowhead put Sony in a bind on Helldivers, but they doubled down immediately on Ghost of Tsushima
  • Data shows that people don't use BC much. People talk about it a lot on line, but few people actually use it s
    • somehow you still think you're the market

he did the same video for PS4, but on the PS4 generation you couldn't play Sony's own first party software, you would rely on third party games. back in PS4 days "first" party games were actually made to sell and popularize the console, people who were interested in specific franchises bought a Playstation to play them, now they look at these videos and see that PC can run these games at a better quality with an affordable price, maybe 100 or 200 dollars more but without paid multiplayer this can be recoup really fast, i lost track of the amount of times i already saw people using memes about PlayStation 5's lack of exclusivity on social media, saying all they have is Bloodborne because everything is on PC, all of this sticks to the brand, these memes were the same memes that used to be made for Xbox when they started putting games on PC, becoming the laughing stack of the internet, the process has been slower for PlayStation but it leads to the same results, and fyi Steam Deck sold 3M units so far, it's no small amount considering Vita sold 16M to this day and had a decade on the market

Now you're conflating two different things. You said that it was a signal that PS was in trouble because he did the video, but now you're saying the difference is because the PS games are on PC. Which single player Sony PS games are lighting the PC market on fire and taking users away from Playstation? Again, you have no market data to support this, only anecdotal evidence. All the market data is against you.

Sports games are multiplatform. Why do they sell better on console? Why does CoD sell better on console? Why do racing games? Why do 3rd party adventure games sell better on console? You continue to make unfounded assumptions about the PC market.

or because gaming has grown overall, and despite console sales not growing... user spend got higher, in the other side there's you, defending Sony opening their platform, benefiting Valve and their already monopolistic storefront on PC, defending them putting their IPs on other consoles instead of actually release products that actually compete with them like a native portable handheld to sell more digital games through the PS Store, and very soon, you'll be defending them putting PS Plus on every device possible, despite your beloved data showing you there is no growth beyond consoles for Cloud Gaming and most users only use it to test games before downloading

It's exhausting going back and forth with you.

Here's another "garish" word for you, cloud gaming is a nascent market. The idea that nascent markets aren't big today, so they are a waste of time, is absolutely hilarious. Cell phones used to be a nascent market, today people buy 1000 dollar cell phones like they're nothing. Markets change.

Nvidia used to be a small market cap company that nearly went bankrupt. They're now one of the most valued companies in the world and its not because of PC gaming or console gaming.

Marvel was a comic book company that filed for bankruptcy in 1996. They would not have survived had it not been for the boon in tv and movies. In 2009, Disney bought them for 4 billion dollars...

the CEO of the company himself says their future is wherever there is computing, a refrigerator has computing today

watch Firewalk be closed in the next 24 months 🥱

if there's one thing i know about Sony... if one project fails, they cut ties with the studio, doesn't even matter if they produced multiple great games, I'm still mourning Ready At Dawn, you need to learn to respect opinions other than yours and to stay outside of threads you don't want to engane in, there is an ignore button in this forum, i recommend you to use it, or go stay on Twitter where there are multiple corporate bootlickers like you.

Dreams failed... yet Media Molecule still exists.
Tourist Trophy failed... yet Polyphony Digital still exists.
God of War Ascension failed... yet Santa Monica Studio still exists.
Sony Bend has had multiple failures... yet still exists.
Sony kept London Studio and Japan studio open through many failures.

Sony gave Ready at Dawn a shot to create a project after working with them for years. The game scored a 63 on metacritic and they elected not to work with them again. They have not had a commercial success since, but please continue to "mourn" them... You're a weird dude.

I don't respect your opinions, because they are opinions based on facts, they're twisted and based purely on your own emotions and biases.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
First off, I'm dead on the "garish" words, I'm assuming that any word I used that you had to look up qualifies as "garish".

None of these policies were major policy positions by Sony.

• They're not going to lose a ton of money selling Horizon for slightly less money for the PS4 version
    • Data even showed that people were still buying the PS5 version more than the PS4 version even with the free upgrade
  • Gran Turismo changed the monetization, but it didn't all change for the better and it never changed much to begin with
  • Arrowhead put Sony in a bind on Helldivers, but they doubled down immediately on Ghost of Tsushima
  • Data shows that people don't use BC much. People talk about it a lot on line, but few people actually use it s
    • somehow you still think you're the market

Now you're conflating two different things. You said that it was a signal that PS was in trouble because he did the video, but now you're saying the difference is because the PS games are on PC. Which single player Sony PS games are lighting the PC market on fire and taking users away from Playstation? Again, you have no market data to support this, only anecdotal evidence. All the market data is against you.

Sports games are multiplatform. Why do they sell better on console? Why does CoD sell better on console? Why do racing games? Why do 3rd party adventure games sell better on console? You continue to make unfounded assumptions about the PC market.

It's exhausting going back and forth with you.

Here's another "garish" word for you, cloud gaming is a nascent market. The idea that nascent markets aren't big today, so they are a waste of time, is absolutely hilarious. Cell phones used to be a nascent market, today people buy 1000 dollar cell phones like they're nothing. Markets change.

Nvidia used to be a small market cap company that nearly went bankrupt. They're now one of the most valued companies in the world and its not because of PC gaming or console gaming.

Marvel was a comic book company that filed for bankruptcy in 1996. They would not have survived had it not been for the boon in tv and movies. In 2009, Disney bought them for 4 billion dollars...

Dreams failed... yet Media Molecule still exists.
Tourist Trophy failed... yet Polyphony Digital still exists.
God of War Ascension failed... yet Santa Monica Studio still exists.
Sony Bend has had multiple failures... yet still exists.
Sony kept London Studio and Japan studio open through many failures.

Sony gave Ready at Dawn a shot to create a project after working with them for years. The game scored a 63 on metacritic and they elected not to work with them again. They have not had a commercial success since, but please continue to "mourn" them... You're a weird dude.

I don't respect your opinions, because they are opinions based on facts, they're twisted and based purely on your own emotions and biases.
i’m not reading that shit, go argue with a wall

• thisistheway
Reactions: JAHGamer