The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Of course this is correct, they’re comparing 2 generations worth on consoles to PS5’s 1. Switch has been out way longer, makes sense if there’s more.
but they're comparing sales in the same timefrime, 43 months in the market

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
we do know Switch games sell very well
qPTA9LN.png
Games look healthy. But I’ll make an educated guess PS+ subs eclipse Nintendo online.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Switch is half the price of PS5 and in some cases more than that with lite, also its the kid friendly platform, switch on pace for 150 mil or more when all said or done. PS5 is doing great but wont dont that, so yeah it will trail behind. The hope is we get similar to ps4 and if they continue to take away from xbox users, Expands into the 120 millions to 130 million with future goals if xbox completely pulls out to get into the 140-150 range

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i'll create another thread once Sony confirms their 60M mark, i'll compare to the 65M+ the Switch has, members and even mods can't accept reality

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Do we know what the software attach rate is and sub numbers for each?
They share the amount of hardware and software units sold every quarter, so you can get their attach rate to know the amount of games sold per console. But considering they merged the PS4 and PS5 software sales you can't make it for PS5 only, even knowing it has better numbers than PS4. It should be PS4+PS5 vs Switch.

You can easily compare it for isolated quarters or FYs, and every quarter there are way more games sold or related software revenue for PS than for Switch, so the attach rate must be way higher in Sonys side. In addition to this, the number of games sold by quarter/FY.

Regarding subs, as I remember Sony did stop sharing amount of subscriber and reports only its revenue. Which I'm not sure if Nintendo does it.

In the past I did research these numbers and posted them many times, but today I'm ill (intestinal virus) and tired.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Guys, I'll make it easier for those users posting gloom & doom threads, by doing a quick recap on why Sony is dying.

Forbes 2018:

Xbox One's Supercharged Game Pass Should Start Worrying Sony And Nintendo

Business Insider 2020

Microsoft's new Xbox is actually the next step in an ambitious master plan to shake up the video game industry, and end the rivalry with PlayStation forever

Business Insider 2020 (yes, again)

Microsoft's Xbox is already crushing Sony's PlayStation when it comes to creating the 'Netflix of gaming' — and it has huge implications for next-gen consoles

TheGamer 2021

Despite Stronger Exclusive Games On PS5, It’s Getting Hard To Recommend Sony’s Console Over Xbox

Game Informer 2021

Xbox Game Pass Dominated E3 2021 In The Best Way, All Confirmed Day One Games

Game Informer 2022

PlayStation Needs To Put The Pieces Together For A Game Pass Competitor

So as you can all see from all these news, Sony needed to copy Game Pass and their day ones.
Considering Sony never released such a service, we can all just assume Sony is pretty much dead, their console and videogame sales have probably plummeted.
True story.
This is so hilarious to look back on. LMAO 😂

Impulse

21 Apr 2023
I think the most important lifeblood of any gaming forum is effortposters.

People who put effort into their posts are the reason you come back, whether it's thru making detailed OT posts or thru making reasoned posts in casual discussion.

You look at all the GAF offshoots that happened post-2017, and the most successful one is Resetera, why? Because it managed to take all the effortposters with it. The people with insight, the people who work in the industry, the long opinion posters etc etc.

This thread is a step forward when it comes to retaining effortposters. Whining constantly about things like PS PC ports and shit is honestly not what brings anyone to the site.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
@Sircaw a lot of people left this site because Sony is making all of the wrong decisions since 2020, they're following the 3rd place company brand that is about to implode from inside out, it has absolutely nothing to do with "doomers and gloomers" or their threads, people on here are shills who are constantly EMBARASSING themselfs with their opinions on Xbox and their recent moves even tho they know internally Sony has plans to do 95% of what MS is doing now

Last edited:

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
@Sircaw a lot of people left this site because Sony is making all of the wrong decisions since 2020, they're following the 3rd place company brand that is about to implode from inside out, it has absolutely nothing to do with "doomers and gloomers" or their threads, people on here are shills who are constantly EMBARASSING themselfs with their opinions on Xbox and their recent moves when they know internally Sony has plans to do 95% of what MS is doing now
i really wanna see people here who are shitting on xbox daily about console sales and games everywhere when in 2... maybe 3 years from now when Sony starts doing the exact same things, putting Plus on Firestick, releasing a PC Launcher and further diminishing PlayStation's console relevance, i hope they don't react like corporate business slaves like @mibu no ookami, we went from shitting on Xbox for putting games on PC and investing in a failure like Cloud Gaming to now defending Sony blood, tooth and nail for going in the very same direction? i'm not a hypocrite, it won't be like that with me, and mods need to learn to respect other people's views too, not every move Sony makes is gonna please everyone and people SHOULD HAVE the right to express their frustrations with the company and the direction they're heading themselfs and us, their users to, after all didn't we all invest hundreds/thousands of dollars in this brand? we should have the right to speak our minds about the current and future they're bringing to their users.

Last edited:
Reactions: toadsage44

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
@Sircaw a lot of people left this site because Sony is making all of the wrong decisions since 2020, they're following the 3rd place company brand that is about to implode from inside out, it has absolutely nothing to do with "doomers and gloomers" or their threads, people on here are shills who are constantly EMBARASSING themselfs with their opinions on Xbox and their recent moves when they know internally Sony has plans to do 95% of what MS is doing now
That's not the information we are getting from our user base.

Unfortunately, you are not privy to most of the reasons or complaints we received as a team.

A large silent majority of people who are no longer with us and a large group of regular users that are still here are sick and tired of the doomer and Gloomer's actions.

Second to that are all things Gender/ideology takes.

We are not asking for a lot, but things will change on this forum, they need to change.

If I have to choose between people who want to contribute to a community and those who just want to see everything burn, I will choose the community first.

And I hope people like yourself can see the vision that we want.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That's not the information we are getting from our user base.

Unfortunately, you are not privy to most of the reasons or complaints we received as a team.

A large silent majority of people who are no longer with us and a large group of regular users that are still here are sick and tired of the doomer and Gloomer's actions.

Second to that are all things Gender/ideology takes.

We are not asking for a lot, but things will change on this forum, they need to change.

If I have to choose between people who want to contribute to a community and those who just want to see everything burn, I will choose the community first.

And I hope people like yourself can see the vision that we want.
you're getting your information from corporate Sony shills who only care about short term profits and don't look at long term implications these decisions will have on the PlayStation console and unfortunately on their users too, people who were here in 2020/2021/2022 and witnessed peak years of this gen would agree with me and other members about the direction Sony is going, about PC ports, about Cloud ambitions, we saw it with Stadia and we're currently witnessing another trillion dollar company failling to reach the so called "2 billion gamers" out there that don't even exist, if even Sony shareholders are questioning them on cannibalization for their core product, why are you being judgemental on other members and applying punishements without reasons? the same punishements should be applied to Xbox doom and gloomers too, specially them, because in a couple of years when Sony is making the same moves like already leaked in internal documents, how are these members going to behave? are they just going to move goalposts and forget they were shitting on the rival brand a few years prior? i don't know if these are the members you should prioritize, you'll continue to lose members if you go by this way.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i'm NOT on Icon Era just to shit on Xbox, i'm on Icon Era to talk everything PLAYSTATION and PlayStation games, the members you want to prioritize are just Xbox haters who want to have a space to shit on Xbox without even rationalizing about PlayStation's future

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
you're getting your information from corporate Sony shills who only care about short term profits and don't look at long term implications these decisions will have on the PlayStation console and unfortunately on their users too, people who were here in 2020/2021/2022 and witnessed peak years of this gen would agree with me and other members about the direction Sony is going, about PC ports, about Cloud ambitions, we saw it with Stadia and we're currently witnessing another trillion dollar company failling to reach the so called "2 billion gamers" out there that don't even exist, if even Sony shareholders are questioning them on cannibalization for their core product, why are you being judgemental on other members and applying punishements without reasons? the same punishements should be applied to Xbox doom and gloomers too, specially them, because in a couple of years when Sony is making the same moves like already leaked in internal documents, how are these members going to behave? are they just going to move goalposts and forget they were shitting on the rival brand a few years prior? i don't know if these are the members you should prioritize, you'll continue to lose members if you go by this way.
I get my information from various forum users, and several of them talk to me daily.

Most of them are 100% not Sony shills, but rather people that just want to enjoy, sit back, talk about and play games.

You are somehow conflating the two.

I understand many of you don't like Sony's direction; I too, have been critical of things like their gas games and running radio silent for such a long time.

I love Sony single-player games, and it annoys me they have not shown anything in such a long time, it really vexes me to no end.

But this site was not made for people to constantly moan or keep linking the same Nostramadmas doomsday predictions.

Eventually, if we keep going on the way people like @nhohohm want you to go, we will have 10 members left, all negative people sitting in their own pool of toxic waste.

By all means, make your posts and criticise Sony; you are allowed to do so, and no one is stopping you, but don't keep making the same points over and over again and cry when that post gets moved.

Like I said, I am here to enjoy games, are you?