The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
@Gediminas, do you know what is really interesting? It is anecdotal like these YouTube views posted but even so interesting.

Astro is take as a big seller here, no?

Concord a failure, no?

Madden is suppose to be a hit or failure?

Of course CoD is always the king but not that far from Concord?

couldn't care less but all of this is just exceptions. generally, it is pretty good indication overall were the game will land. more views is always better no matter how anyone try to spin, generally.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: quest4441

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
couldn't care less but all of this is just exceptions. generally, it is pretty good indication overall were the game will land. more views is always better no matter how anyone try to spin, generally.
And at the end what matters is sales not views.

You guys laughs a lot about MAUs but views are the same type of metric lol
It just show social engagement not actual sales or revenue to the game.

Sales define success.

BTW the official Concord gameplay video has 590k views but the OP tries to make “guesses” based in 3 videos of the characters shared on Twitters with 20k.

If the engagement was really bad in the Beta then players on PS5 should had matchmaking issue but that didn’t happen anytime in the Beta.

The opposite of PC Beta that indeed had queues issues from 3 to 5 minutes of waiting time… that matches the low population of peak 2k players CCU.

Just think a bit about…
PC average 1k CCU = 3-5 minutes waiting
PS5 average ??? CCU = instantaneous matchmaking.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
And at the end what matters is sales not views.

You guys laughs a lot about MAUs but views are the same type of metric lol
It just show social engagement not actual sales or revenue to the game.
no one said that sales don't matter, don't make shit up.

you guys? who is YOU guys? wtf are you even talking about?

i never said that MAU don't matter or that social engagement = sales or revenue. you keep making shit up.

BTW the official Concord gameplay video has 590k views
cool

If the engagement was really bad in the Beta then players on PS5 should had matchmaking issue but that didn’t happen anytime in the Beta.
companies like to use AI Bots. nothing new. plenty of games do this to ''support'' player base, maybe PS5 beta supports that.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
companies like to use AI Bots. nothing new. plenty of games do this to ''support'' player base, maybe PS5 beta supports that.
AI bots?
Concord Beta has only real players... you could have realized it if you play it.

Plus if there is AI bots then PC players should not have any issue with matchmaking lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Going by this logic wouldn't they have applied bots to pad the public steam numbers 😂.

Let's ignore the fact the game had a dedicated section to you being able to find players you played with in previous matches. Surely a game dev would not set themselves up like that to be easily exposed.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Going by this logic wouldn't they have applied bots to pad the public steam numbers 😂.

Let's ignore the fact the game had a dedicated section to you being able to find players you played with in previous matches. Surely a game dev would not set themselves up like that to be easily exposed.
They will create any excuse to made the game looks bad lol
AI bot is the new low.

Nobody played Concord... it was all AI bots lol

At this point is becoming ridiculous and sad.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They will create any excuse to made the game looks bad lol
AI bot is the new low.

Nobody played Concord... it was all AI bots lol

At this point is becoming ridiculous and sad.
Sony should invest more in FireWalk if they are able to create bots that easily replicate human behavior so well if that's the case.

Further emphasizing how talented they are 😂

Definitely strange behavior how threatened some are by the game.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't know but people seem to not like it or care about it.
People hated it for dumb reasons, but again many who played it also enjoyed it. Those who didn't play it, *gasp* does not like it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
AI bots?
Concord Beta has only real players... you could have realized it if you play it.

Plus if there is AI bots then PC players should not have any issue with matchmaking lol

i didn't say they added or not, i said, it is possibility as a lot of companies do.
and i pretty clearly said PS5.

at the end, just shows, that you don't know either, just Assuming it is not.

• haha

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
People hated it for dumb reasons, but again many who played it also enjoyed it. Those who didn't play it, *gasp* does not like it.
But no one is talking about the gameplay. The most hate is about how ugly the characters are and it having pronouns. I have not heard a single thing about the gameplay, except it plays like overwatch and destiny. And the counterpoint is that those look better so play those instead of concord. Or play the firs decenders cause it has a thick bunny girl.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
But no one is talking about the gameplay. The most hate is about how ugly the characters are and it having pronouns. I have not heard a single thing about the gameplay, except it plays like overwatch and destiny. And the counterpoint is that those look better so play those instead of concord. Or play the firs decenders cause it has a thick bunny girl.
But where are you getting your opinions from? It doesn't even play like Overwatch lol. It has similarities to old school destiny for sure. Even on that ResetEra forum there was a huge thread with people discussing the game... Saw lots of positive opinions and still continue to do on Twitter, the discord was mostly positive.

But perhaps you see what you wanna see.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
i didn't say they added or not, i said, it is possibility as a lot of companies do.

Pretty sure everyone in the PS5 beta were real people.

• they're_right_you_know

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They will give them a quarter to turn this around. If they fail, they join destruction all stars. 50 50 if they get shut down or move to another project
1st person shooter studios are hard to come by so I hope they keep them. Get them working on another game with a campaign

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I'm confirming here that there is any bot in Concord Beta.

I thought you my sarcasm was enough 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
N

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Sure but they are not going to make the same as concord.
I full expect an investigation of the studio with the “woke” agenda drive developers to loose there jobs if the conversation surrounding that studio are true.

0 chance firewalk next game is a new ip especially not with major layoff of the studio who yes man concord to release.

Fully expect Concord to bomb & die within 6 month. No one is buying concord & there’s no battlepass to monetize. Plus if they go F2P it would just be a slap in the face to the people who bought it. If Concord is gonna go F2P in the future it should be F2P day 1 its dead either way but if it was F2P & they monetize item shop + battlepass maybe they can get 15K-25K across PS & PC & make it somehow sustainable but I doubt it.

Hope Sony puts them working on a new Killzone I’ll take a singleplayer Killzone with a multiplayer live service.

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
But where are you getting your opinions from? It doesn't even play like Overwatch lol. It has similarities to old school destiny for sure. Even on that ResetEra forum there was a huge thread with people discussing the game... Saw lots of positive opinions and still continue to do on Twitter, the discord was mostly positive.

But perhaps you see what you wanna see.
If resetera reflected the real world, hogwarts legacy would have not sold over 20 million copies.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko