The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
It doesn't matter is it service or not, Sony SPECIFICALLY blocked God Of War to be played on Xbox. There is no native GFN app on Xbox, but it can be played via web page, yet Sony blocked it when there was a native version on GFN.

Yes. Those who owns a whole librabry of games on Steam or on Epic etc. can be played via GFN, but not Sonys games who bought them on these stores. Still haven't find any damn video of Spiderman played via GFN, yet Spiderman is available on Steam and Epic store

Simple answer is NO

Which is exactly what I said: they blocked GFN in total (or better to say they told Nvidia to remove their games), not only on Xbox.

Or release their own launcher where they can control everything about their games :cool:

Doesn't help if it's possible to install their launcher on the next Xbox....

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Doesn't help if it's possible to install their launcher on the next Xbox....
It does help.

First Sony can block the install in the next Xbox if they want like they block their games in others places.
Second Sony will get the full revenue from the sale instead to pay a cut to MS that will make MS rethink if they really want the PS launcher on next Xbox.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
It does help.

First Sony can block the install in the next Xbox if they want like they block their games in others places.
Second Sony will get the full revenue from the sale instead to pay a cut to MS that will make MS rethink if they really want the PS launcher on next Xbox.

Speculation is, next Xbox is a Xbox branded Windows PC. If it's "open" like a Windows PC, as long as there is a PC version of a PS game, it will be possible to play it on that device, either legally with Steam/PS Launcher or illegally, with cracked games (minus GaaS, obviously).

Only thing Sony can do to counter that, is to stop porting their games to PC.

Of course only if the rumors are true.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Speculation is, next Xbox is a Xbox branded Windows PC. If it's "open" like a Windows PC, as long as there is a PC version of a PS game, it will be possible to play it on that device, either legally with Steam/PS Launcher or illegally, with cracked games (minus GaaS, obviously).

Basically a PS launcher allow Sony to kill these issues...

Do you know why people on PC hated PSN login in games? Because with PSN login they couldn't hack and play the game... after all if you need a PSN login to log into the servers to play then it become impossible to hackers do anything.

Same for simple player games with PSN login... and Sony is requiring it to all games now.
Because without log into the PSN you can't play the game.

Sony having the PS Launcher plus the PSN login into their games it will be like if your PSN doesn't have the game you can't play it basically killing crackers, hackers and cheaters.

If Sony doesn't want the game running in some platforms it will be a easy task with a PS launcher.

BTW that is why PC gamers are so against DRM... because they will lose the "free" way to play games.

Reactions: Plextorage

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Do you know why people on PC hated PSN login in games? Because with PSN login they couldn't hack and play the game... after all if you need a PSN login to log into the servers to play then it become impossible to hackers do anything.

Same for simple player games with PSN login... and Sony is requiring it to all games now.

Sony having the PS Launcher plus the PSN login into their games it will be like if your PSN doesn't have the game you can't play it basically killing crackers, hackers and cheaters.

If Sony doesn't want the game running in some platforms it will be a easy task with a PS launcher.

BTW that is why PC gamers are so against DRM... because they will lose the "free" way to play games.

Yes, launchers are solution. So, no Ghost Of Tsushima on next Xbox. :D

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

Still missing the point.

IF next Xbox = PC AND PS game is on PC => PS game on next Xbox.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Btw, GoT can be pirated on PC, you can even play the multiplayer with the pirated copy....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Still missing the point.

IF next Xbox = PC AND PS game is on PC => PS game on next Xbox.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Btw, GoT can be pirated on PC, you can even play the multiplayer with the pirated copy....
That is what you don't undestand...

If Sony has a launcher = Sony allow PS games on PC if they want.
Like Sony doesn't allow games on GeForce Now.

Plus with the launcher Sony can block pirates too... having a pirated copy or not doesn't mate difference because Sony knows who brought or not the game on their launcher so they can check it at PSN auth.

If Sony wants to fight piracy and have control of it own games on PC then they need a launcher.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
That is what you don't undestand...

If Sony has a launcher = Sony allow PS games on PC if they want.
Like Sony doesn't allow games on GeForce Now.

Plus with the launcher Sony can block pirates too.

You can't compare Sony blocking their games on GeForce Now vs. blocking them on a particular type of Windows machine. It's like saying Sony is able to block their games if they run on an ASUS Rog.
And it doesn't matter if it's Steam, Epic Launcher or a PS Launcher*. As long as it's compatible with Windows AND the next Xbox is just a Windows PC*, there is nothing Sony can due to prevent their games running on it. Well nothing outside of stop porting their games to PC.

And please tell me how an hypothetical PS Launcher application would block pirates. GoT has a PSN requirement and is cracked in such a way, that you can even play the MP.

*: we are still talking about speculations based on rumors. I don't think the next Xbox will be a Windows PC, I actually don't even think there will be a Xbox at all. Same with the PS Launcher, only rumors.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
It's like saying Sony is able to block their games if they run on an ASUS Rog.

Yes, they can. Because that device has its own ID or whatever it has just for Sony to target a specific device. But of course, Asus Rog isn't Xbox.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You can't compare Sony blocking their games on GeForce Now vs. blocking them on a particular type of Windows machine. It's like saying Sony is able to block their games if they run on an ASUS Rog.
And it doesn't matter if it's Steam, Epic Launcher or a PS Launcher*. As long as it's compatible with Windows AND the next Xbox is just a Windows PC*, there is nothing Sony can due to prevent their games running on it. Well nothing outside of stop porting their games to PC.

And please tell me how an hypothetical PS Launcher application would block pirates. GoT has a PSN requirement and is cracked in such a way, that you can even play the MP.

*: we are still talking about speculations based on rumors. I don't think the next Xbox will be a Windows PC, I actually don't even think there will be a Xbox at all. Same with the PS Launcher, only rumors.
Sony indeed can block games to run on Steam Deck, ASUS Rog, etc today already with Steam.

With a PS Launcher they have control of everything related to the game... so they can implement a DRM where the game can't run without the server side and so no pirate can do anything about that unless they hack the own server.

And yes there are games on PC impossible to pirate / crack.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yes, they can. Because that device has its own ID or whatever it has just for Sony to target a specific device. But of course, Asus Rog isn't Xbox.

You don't know, I don't know, just speculation based on rumors. The possibility is there, especially if it's really just a PC branded Xbox, with common hardware and Windows installation.

With a PS Launcher they have control of everything related to the game... so they can implement a DRM where the game can't run without the server side and so no pirate can do anything about that unless they hack the own server.

What you are proposing is an online only DRM, even for single player games, which in consequence would fuck up PlayStation console gamers too.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
You don't know, I don't know, just speculation based on rumors. The possibility is there, especially if it's really just a PC branded Xbox, with common hardware and Windows installation.

I know that every device has its own identity. You see, you can play Fortnite on ROG devices, but you can't play it on Steam Deck natively despite you can install Epic launcher on it. Epic banned Fortnite on Steam Deck. You can play it there via GFN or Xbox Cloud, but you can risk a ban.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is already done by some publishers... they don't allow you to play the game on Steam Deck, ROG, etc.
Even big games.

What you are proposing is an online only DRM, even for single player games, which in consequence would fuck up PlayStation console gamers too.
A platform that is full of pirates requires online DRM.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I know that every device has its own identity. You see, you can play Fortnite on ROG devices, but you can't play it on Steam Deck natively despite you can install Epic launcher on it. Epic banned Fortnite on Steam Deck. You can play it there via GFN or Xbox Cloud, but you can risk a ban.

Steam Deck != Windows PC, which already makes your argument invalid, as we are talking about a possible Windows PC branded Xbox.

Furthermore, EPIC did not block Steam Deck as a device, they removed (or never put) their games from Steam.

And, if all of that wasn't enough, there are easy workarounds to install and play EPIC games on the Steam Deck, one of them being to install Windows on it, further proving my point.

That is already done by some publishers... they don't allow you to play the game on Steam Deck, ROG, etc.
Even big games.

You have a list of games which don't run on ROG because publishers specifically blocked them and not because of hardware limitations?

A platform that is full of pirates requires online DRM

Good luck with that! Own launcher + always online DRM surely will be a huge success for PlayStation!

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Steam Deck != Windows PC, which already makes your argument invalid, as we are talking about a possible Windows PC branded Xbox.

Furthermore, EPIC did not block Steam Deck as a device, they removed (or never put) their games from Steam.

And, if all of that wasn't enough, there are easy workarounds to install and play EPIC games on the Steam Deck, one of them being to install Windows on it, further proving my point.

You have a list of games which don't run on ROG because publishers specifically blocked them and not because of hardware limitations?

Good luck with that! Own launcher + always online DRM surely will be a huge success for PlayStation!

Used Steam Deck as example how Epic SPECIFICALLY banned Fortnite on Steam Deck, but not other games. That's the point.

Epic banned Fortnite on Steam Deck and you can't play it NATIVELY on it, as i said. Every device has it's own identity. So, it can easily be identified. You can be sure that new Xbox "handheld" or whatever will be with Windows OS crap surely will have its own specific ID code.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Used Steam Deck as example how Epic SPECIFICALLY banned Fortnite on Steam Deck, but not other games. That's the point.

Epic banned Fortnite on Steam Deck and you can't play it NATIVELY on it, as i said. Every device has it's own identity. So, it can easily be identified.

Fortnite (and I guess all EPIC games) isn't available on Steam, ergo it's not available natively on Steam Deck. It has nothing to do with it being banned on Steam Deck. Or do you think it's banned from my Windows PC because I can't install it via Steam?

And as I sad, there are easy workarounds to still install and play Fortnite natively:

1. Install Windows, install EPIC Launcher and play Fortnite natively (=> this is exactly what COULD happen with the next XBOX and Sony games if the rumors are true)

2. Other alternatives here:

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
1. Install Windows, install EPIC Launcher and play Fortnite natively (=> this is exactly what COULD happen with the next XBOX and Sony games if the rumors are true)

That's not natively if you can't play it in a simple way and need a workarounds. But you are risking a ban, as i've said in previous post. Epic had create their own anti cheat system targeting specifically Steam Deck
"Epic has made its anti-cheat software, Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC), compatible with Linux and Proton, so developers that use it should be able to make their games work on the Steam Deck without issue. For now, though, Epic itself isn’t going to be one of them, at least not with Fortnite."
2. Other alternatives here:

www.thegamer.com

How To Install And Use Epic Games On Steam Deck

Here's how to take advantage of your Epic Games library on the Steam Deck.

www.thegamer.com
www.thegamer.com

Yes, I've said above you can install Epic Launcher on Steam alongside with playing Fortnite on Steam Deck via GFN or Xbox Cloud.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
How does the business model of an open console work? It doesn’t because you can no longer rely on the all important eco system sales. If Xbox is to sell a high end pc as a console, it will cost a lot of $ because subsidies or cost neutrality make no sense in such a scenario. A high cost Xbox will not sell against a lower priced PlayStation. Even now with cost parity it does not sell.

Steamdeck while a pc relies on people staying within the steamos for their needs. Indeed, steam is practically a pc store monopoly, there is little desire to look beyond. This makes it viable.