The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That thing won't do well. How many launchers does PC already have? 3 major ones?

It would definitely benefit them but I don't think it'll do as well as they hope.
even publishers have their own launchers, why in the hell a platform holder and one of the most iconic brands in videogame history wouldn't? again, the only thing they're doing releasing games on Steam is fortifying Valve's monopoly on the PC market, and it'll be costly to them if they want to expand PSN and PS Store to PC eventually cause they're acomodating Steam users to not have to download their launcher.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
I feel like I saw a thread like this three times already.
What's the point of this, rage bait? It's not like Sony reads this forum.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
charge them to play online on games like Helldivers 2 and Ghost Of Tsushima MP mode the same way you charge console users
😂😂😂 PC players threw a massive hissy fit over a free account and you think they'll pay to play online? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's far more likely that Sony will find a way to implement trophy support for pirated copies of their games 😂😂

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
😂😂😂 PC players threw a massive hissy fit over a free account and you think they'll pay to play online? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's far more likely that Sony will find a way to implement trophy support for pirated copies of their games 😂😂
they should charge for MP on PC 100%, but knowing how they love PC players i understand why they won't

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
maxresdefault.jpg
I have enough launchers on my computer as it is.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im not a fan of PC ports at all, but if they want to port there games its the best way. At least some odd people will join it and buy there 3rd party games there instead of Steam. Which is where he money is at for storefronts.

And if you have it on PSN, you don’t lose a percentage to Valve when releasing on Steam.

If they want to release game on PC, you have to be Steams competition. Not there little bitch that goes unchallenged.
Steam, EPIC, GoG arent the highlanders of PC launchers.

PC gamers say console gamers shouldnt console war over plastic, but Steam fans shite on any competition Steam gets over there non plastic PC launchers. The fanwar just as much as everyone.

Want to play PS games on PC, it should be through Playstation launcher

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
so you love monopolies?
I love convenience, performance, and drive space. Monopolies are bad, but I won't deny that I similarly wish all the TV shows and movies were on Netflix so I didn't need to use a silly amount of streaming services.

As it so happens, quite a few Sony games are on GoG, which doesn't require the usage of a launcher to download and install the games. Were you aware of this?

I recognize I'm being unrealistic, but if I were to propose Sony selling their games themselves directly, rather than a new launcher, I would prefer to be able to purchase games directly from PSN and download an installer straight to my computer in browser. GoG allows this, Dlsite allows this, itch allows this, and its actually fairly common for visual novel publishers in particular (mangagamer, for example)

Last edited:

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
PC ports are a bad idea and they're gonna kill PlayStation. Now some people get it, some don't, and some are coping trying to make sense of it. How? But with Sony's own launcher of course! Only one problem with that here's the ranking for PC launchers
1) Steam
2) GOG
3) A steaming pile of shit
4) Epic
5) Potential PlayStation Launcher
Yeah not looking good. So it should be clear that Sony can't be PC, they can try of course but it will never ever ever work.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and JAHGamer

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
PC ports are a bad idea and they're gonna kill PlayStation. Now some people get it, some don't, and some are coping trying to make sense of it. How? But with Sony's own launcher of course! Only one problem with that here's the ranking for PC launchers
1) Steam
2) GOG
3) A steaming pile of shit
4) Epic
5) Potential PlayStation Launcher
Yeah not looking good. So it should be clear that Sony can't be PC, they can try of course but it will never ever ever work.
better having your own storefront than fortifying Valve and its monopoly on PC

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Young(er) generation have no issue with launchers on PC we can see that with League, Minecraft, Roblox, Fortnite etc. it's only Steam fanboys advocating for a monopoly on a open platform ironically. It's dumb to use your exclusives to promote another storefront they already got brand recognition worldwide, PS already got massive 3rd party support so it isn't hard to carry that over to PC.

I am 100% against the PC venture but it's a lost cause at this point, if they wanna have it ''all'' then do it and not with half measures, go and fight Steam head-on. And if I buy a game I can swap at my desk or couch cause why the fck should I see a PC logo of Ghost otherwise on my PS5, I think that's the only reason holding it back, the double dipping.

Reactions: ksdixon

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
It's incredible how people think Valve values exclusives as if you can't buy almost every one of their games on consoles

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
It's incredible how people think Valve values exclusives as if you can't buy almost every one of their games on consoles
Happy 2013 to you too good sir! Oh wait it's 2024 and the last time Valve published a console game was in 2012. Almost like at the end of the seventh gen Valve realized PC was their own platform and it was time to stop supporting consoles aka the competition.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Happy 2013 to you too good sir! Oh wait it's 2024 and the last time Valve published a console game was in 2012. Almost like at the end of the seventh gen Valve realized PC was their own platform and it was time to stop supporting consoles aka the competition.
Valve published a game on Switch in 2022

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Yeah a Portal collection but will new stuff like Deadlock or White Sands be released on consoles? Absolutely not.
What about Bridge Constructor Portal? It's newish and is even on PS4

Last edited: