The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I agree with this 100%. Gaming is meant to be interactive entertainment that's fun and enjoyable. No point in being negative especially when it's about stuff you can't do anything about because at that point, it's just a waste of time and accomplishes nothing.
I hardly ever agree with Peter but this..
agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

Reactions: Sircaw and peter42O

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I agree with this 100%. Gaming is meant to be interactive entertainment that's fun and enjoyable. No point in being negative especially when it's about stuff you can't do anything about because at that point, it's just a waste of time and accomplishes nothing.
Yup. We're supposed to be here to discuss something we mutually enjoy. Why emphasize discussion on the negative aspects of it? And no, that does not mean we are silencing criticism, or that Sony does no wrong, they definitely do and those moments would make great discussion as well. It's just that I don't believe this forum benefits from name calling such as corporate slaves, rats, mentioning the things we interested in as "slop". It's very immature.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Yup. We're supposed to be here to discuss something we mutually enjoy. Why emphasize discussion on the negative aspects of it? And no, that does not mean we are silencing criticism, or that Sony does no wrong, they definitely do and those moments would make great discussion as well. It's just that I don't believe this forum benefits from name calling such as corporate slaves, rats, mentioning the things we interested in as "slop". It's very immature.

Agree completely.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Looks bad from the outside, though I personally don’t care.

I’ll engage with whatever interests me. I enjoy the fact there’s increasingly more off-beat takes on Sony as time goes on here. It’s actually made me soften up on the company. There’s just something about human psychology where a negative opinion naturally makes you want to see the upside.

Taking a critical look at any subject helps separate the gold from the rest of the bullshit. It’s helpful. You choosing to see it as negative just because it’s not celebratory sounds like a personal problem. Fix your outlook.

I personally cannot stand the softies on Twitter who just cannot deal with anything that’s less than “positive”. Sounds like you guys want a similarly nerfed environment. Say it ain’t so.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Looks bad from the outside, though I personally don’t care.

I’ll engage with whatever interests me. I enjoy the fact there’s increasingly more off-beat takes on Sony as time goes on here. It’s actually made me soften up on the company. There’s just something about human psychology where a negative opinion naturally makes you want to see the upside.

Taking a critical look at any subject helps separate the gold from the rest of the bullshit. It’s helpful. You choosing to see it as negative just because it’s not celebratory sounds like a personal problem. Fix your outlook.

I personally cannot stand the softies on Twitter who just cannot deal with anything that’s less than “positive”. Sounds like you guys want a similarly nerfed environment. Say it ain’t so.
Simply apply this to Xbox 5-8 years ago. While the bulk of their fans and the media were high on copium plenty of people had already seen where they were heading. Who's to say this isn't what is happening here?

Just being negative about Xbox and not a Gamepass shill was enough to get you banned all over the internet.

Now here we are, some people see Sony copying the Xbox playbook as something that won't lead to a good place.

Reactions: toadsage44

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Simply apply this to Xbox 5-8 years ago. While the bulk of their fans and the media were high on copium plenty of people had already seen where they were heading. Who's to say this isn't what is happening here?

Just being negative about Xbox and not a Gamepass shill was enough to get you banned all over the internet.

Now here we are, some people see Sony copying the Xbox playbook as something that won't lead to a good place.
This has nothing to do with denying said criticism of Sony; it seemed to me you really did not read the op I made at all.

You really need to start reading things thoroughly and comprehending what is being said instead of going all bull in the china shop.

This is not the first time you have not grasped a concept that I have told you about.

You have a pair of blinkers on that prevent you from seeing what is actually being said.

I strongly suggest you go back to the Op and read what I said.

If I need to reword it for you, so its easier to understand, please say so.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People need to chill.

This place is for discussion. There's going to be good and bad on all platforms. Being analytical is how things like the PS VITA/PS3 store were re-opened. Good can come from discussing things.

NOTE: There is good discussion and then there's whining, and non-stop dooming in every thread when the thread might be about just a article/news.
That needs to be curbed. People on other sites laugh at this place. And they are right if people can't have conversations on topics without coming off as children.

Thats my 2 cents.

People its video games, chill out, grow up a little and open your mind up to differing respectful opinions/discussion.

Ignore people who are trolling and report.
I feel bad for people who have left this site. ANd those that are negative all the time, you are adding to those people. This goes for those getting riled up and responding.

Don't get riled up.

It's video games guys and gals.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This has nothing to do with denying said criticism of Sony; it seemed to me you really did not read the op I made at all.

You really need to start reading things thoroughly and comprehending what is being said instead of going all bull in the china shop.

This is not the first time you have not grasped a concept that I have told you about.

You have a pair of blinkers on that prevent you from seeing what is actually being said.

I strongly suggest you go back to the Op and read what I said.

If I need to reword it for you, so its easier to understand, please say so.
I in turn would say the same about you, I don't think you ever grasped why people dislike such heavy handed moves to control how regular users behave.

Regular users that aren't going anything wrong shouldn't have to change their behavior because you don't like how it resonates with some other people.

The ignore button is there for a good reason, just ignore a person if you don't want to listen to their opinion (unless he is a mod).

If you need to reword this use ChatGPT.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I in turn would say the same about you, I don't think you ever grasped why people dislike such heavy handed moves to control how regular users behave.

Regular users that aren't going anything wrong shouldn't have to change their behavior because you don't like how it resonates with some other people.
Read the op like I asked, and try to digest what is actually being said.

You probably missed this part, or skipped over it.

If something really important and relevant comes up in the realm of criticising Sony for doing something silly, it will get its own singular post; other than that, the usual "The Sky Are Falling posts that have been discussed a thousand times" will be put here.

It's a very simple concept, no one is stopping your criticism, but we are removing the same old threads that have been discussed 1000 times already.

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

The ignore button is there for a good reason, just ignore a person if you don't want to listen to their opinion (unless he is a mod).

There are better ways to conduct ourselves, and better ways to to express our opinions in discussion. No one is saying people cant be critical and analytical. But constant coming off as negative/ or reactionary without really explaining your point of discussion is what is a turn off for lots.

Reactions: voke and Sircaw

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There are better ways to conduct ourselves, and better ways to to express our opinions in discussion. No one is saying people cant be critical and analytical. But constant coming off as negative/ or reactionary without really explaining your point of discussion is what is a turn off for lots.
If anything the people that criticize Sony in this board are much better at explaining their reasons then the people that cheer pretty much anything that they do.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Gamerguy84

22 Jun 2022
I agree this place should be a safe haven, or at least keep it in one thread.

There is enough negativity everywhere else on the net. There is so much I'll go out on a limb and say it's orchestrated and planned. Can't even watch a SOP without it.

Yes it's OK to be mad at someone or thing but the hate is on a different level. I'm irritated with them Over some of the design choices but overall it's still the best place to play. At least IMO.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I agree this place should be a safe haven, or at least keep it in one thread.

There is enough negativity everywhere else on the net. There is so much I'll go out on a limb and say it's orchestrated and planned. Can't even watch a SOP without it.

Yes it's OK to be mad at someone or thing but the hate is on a different level. I'm irritated with them Over some of the design choices but overall it's still the best place to play. At least IMO.
A safe haven for who? 😂 I thought forums were for healthy discussions with respectful disagreements…not to be safe spaces and echo chambers.