The Doomers and Gloomers, Sony is dying thread.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Let's make things simple: the doom and gloom could stretch to nvidia and AMD if Huawei keeps on doing what's it's doing. The success Wukong could spark a new race from China to make a super console that priced as much as PS6 and as powerful as high-end PC's when it's released. They're already working on 3nm.
China's semiconductors aren't going anywhere relevant without ASML scanners, and those are never going to SMIC.
China's semiconductor business is a money sink.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
China's semiconductors aren't going anywhere relevant without ASML scanners, and those are never going to SMIC.
China's semiconductor business is a money sink.

Not sure if you're keeping up with the news. They're already making their own 5nm and heading to 3nm. Even the Huawei Ascend 910B is reported to be better in AI than nVidia's failed A100. Have you seen the new Huawei XT trifold phone?

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Not sure if you're keeping up with the news. They're already making their own 5nm and heading to 3nm. Even the Huawei Ascend 910B is reported to be better in AI than nVidia's failed A100. Have you seen the new Huawei XT trifold phone?
most of that is chinese astro turfing, have you been to china? They exaggerate a lot, huawei is a joke and if trump wins he is going to go after them again

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
most of that is chinese astro turfing, have you been to china? They exaggerate a lot, huawei is a joke and if trump wins he is going to go after them again

You Got It Ok GIF

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Sideloads Steam or sideloads anything because it's a Windows machine with a x86 CPU running Win32 executables?

If we're talking about a $1000 subsidized PC that is powerful enough, then the conversation will indeed be very different. Especially now that Sony is essentially declaring they're not subsidizing hardware anymore.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

People always give MS the benefit of the doubt even though they’ve been trying every last thing for over 10 years. Xbox brand is not appealing. Nothing is going to work for them.

Sony will not let their games be playable on Xbox through Steam. People are delusional to keep believing this.

They would rather remove all their games from Steam. Which actually would be a good thing so I hope MS is planning to do that. 😈 😀

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I didn't find a thread to post it so I will here to the doomers discuss :D

When you strike a Live Service game... all the previous failures feels like nothing.

Reactions: peter42O

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
I don't see Steam/Epic being on the next Xbox console but then again, I also didn't see Microsoft ever acquiring a publisher and they did with Bethesda and the biggest of them all ABK so anything is possible. I believe both next gen consoles will be $800. PS5 Pro is $700 before including a brand new CPU and at least 24GB of RAM even though they should both go for 32GB of RAM as it will be needed.

The cheap alternative will be the portable from Microsoft/Sony. $500. OLED screen would be my guess. Same CPU and RAM but a weaker GPU since the output would be native 1080p. This is just what I believe both will do because as seen by the current price for the base models, the price increases worldwide and the $600 price tag for the 2TB XSX and the $700 price tag for PS5 Pro, I believe both companies are simply done taking any kind of loss and if they do, it's going to be minimal.

The $600/$700 consoles from Microsoft/Sony tells me, get fucking ready for higher prices at launch with next generation.