The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Yes your attacks will hurt badly, BUT if you stand there and take hits, you WILL get killed pretty quickly. Also, a friend of mine went to NewGame+ and got owned pretty easily. Yes, if you level grind the game will be easier but it's supposed to be.

Why are you guys going to make me reinstall this game just to be more accurate in my descriptions? GoW was a bore for me. I stopped playing it very early in the game because I felt the redundancy of the attacks. Perhaps that's what I felt being early in the game. I will load it up anyway just to prove my point of what I didn't like that made it a redundant combat walk through the game.
In Elden Ring I ended up doing a bunch of PVP which overlevelled me very quickly when you get 10k runes per win. The balance of challenge to level is pretty good if you dont do that but its also really easy to over level and the whole area becomes easy. I'd actually prefer it had some light level scaling

Elden Ring and GOW are my two favourites of the past few years. I find GOW took a lot of inspiration from Souls with the emphasis on behind the back camera, harder difficulty, statuses, stances, emphasis on evasion, blocking and parries. But also took a lot of the strengths from the action genre with combos and a deeper movement for each weapon

• Informative
Reactions: Deleted member 13

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Sorry I have others personal issues since yesterday… work and familiar.
I just played a bit right now but I’m still not playing games today too 😭

I took that picture from the very start of second trial so it is easier to you fire up the game and check yourself.

There are 7 enemies in the pic but it was 8… 2 witches and 6 of the others but one witch grabbed me at start and Kratos basically killed her when I mashed ⭕️ to get off.

3-AF48-F24-97-FB-4-CA4-AC96-6-FBB80918178.png

There are parts with more enemies but it hard to put on screen because they be splitter around you… the trial start I could put these 7 in the same screen.

In the shop in Hells you have 10 or more enemies at same time but it is a story part so I can’t go back there unless I play the game until that part again.

Like I said it is absolutely false that there is no more than 5 enemies at the same time.

How are you counting 7? There's 6 enemies in that picture and you started this off by claiming you fight dozens of enemies at once or some crap.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Just for fun I booted up Elden Ring again and look at that ENEMY count in a STARTING AREA! See how many you can count on-screen at once! And the bodies don't vanish when they die! You told me you could kill DOZENS of enemies in God of War in the time it takes to kill ONE in Elden Ring... okay, time how long it took me to kill all these (I whiff a bunch of shots, it's been months) and then show me you killing the same number in the same amount of time in God of War since apparently how fast you kill a bunch of enemies is some weird metric of quality... here you go... the video is longer than it takes to kill everything so please don't use the run-time as an argument...

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just for fun I booted up Elden Ring again and look at that ENEMY count in a STARTING AREA! See how many you can count on-screen at once! And the bodies don't vanish when they die! You told me you could kill DOZENS of enemies in God of War in the time it takes to kill ONE in Elden Ring... okay, time how long it took me to kill all these (I whiff a bunch of shots, it's been months) and then show me you killing the same number in the same amount of time in God of War since apparently how fast you kill a bunch of enemies is some weird metric of quality... here you go... the video is longer than it takes to kill everything so please don't use the run-time as an argument...

🤡🤡🤡

That's not my footage, dude, there's never more than 5 enemies on-screen at once, tho.
Absolutely false.

You were proved wrong so easy and now you are moving the goal lol

And you kill faster in GoW… sorry that is the truth… AND YOUR VIDEO SHOWS THAT… in the time of your battle in the video you kills over 30 enemies in that challenge I took the picture for example…. your video has 4 minutes of you killing like 15 enemies… there is a challenge in GoW that you need to kill 70 enemies in 3 minutes… it is not even compared the pace of the combat.

The whole discussion started why somebody said Elder Ring combat is faster paced than GoW that is a ridiculous claim… quality is in your head because I never said anything about quality.

I know you played it but you just look like never played GoW because it was impossible to play the game and never had faced more than 5 enemies at once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swift_Star

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
🤡🤡🤡

Absolutely false.

You were proved wrong so easy and now you are moving the goal lol

And you kill faster in GoW… sorry that is the truth… AND YOUR VIDEO SHOWS THAT… in the time of your battle in the video you kills over 30 enemies in that challenge I took the picture for example…. your video has 4 minutes of you killing like 15 enemies… there is a challenge in GoW that you need to kill 70 enemies in 3 minutes… it is not even compared the pace of the combat.

The whole discussion started why somebody said Elder Ring combat is faster paced than GoW that is a ridiculous claim… quality is in your head because I never said anything about quality.

I know you played it but you just look like never played GoW because it was impossible to play the game and never had faced more than 5 enemies at once.
When I said there's never more than five enemies at once I was referring to a specific piece of footage I used to refute you not the entire game. You're being incredibly disingenuous with your arguments keep in mind you went from arguing you can kill dozens of enemies in God of War in the time it takes to kill one in Elden ring but now you're telling me a screen that clearly shows six enemies has a 7th enemy hidden somewhere? This is called a crumbling argument.

Also did you actually watch the video? It doesn't take me 4 minutes lol, a lot of the time in the video is just looking around at the carnage and pointing out how many dead bodies there are for you, I also go off and kill other enemies who happened to be on screen at the same time but are further away just to emphasize how many enemies can be on screen at once in the game and on top of that without the body's disappearing when they die.

The Challenge youre talking about and God of War 2018 actually gives you 8 minutes to complete it. And the 70 enemies are not on screen at once again it's hard to count more than maybe six on screen at once at any given time during this challenge.

In my video starting from the 14 second mark I start an engagement with a group of enemies that are all on screen at once no one is added as enemies die, I kill 20 enemies by 1 minute and 41 seconds into the video if you subtract the 14 then you end up with 1 minute and 27 seconds to kill 20 enemies and I wasn't even trying to kill them fast I was even using one of the slowest weapons to swing in the game. You're bragging about a challenge for killing 30 enemies in 3 minutes and God of War but if I can kill 20 in less than a minute and a half then obviously I can kill more than 30 in 3 minutes in Elden Ring.

And there's very clear examples of what I'm talking about especially depending on the weapons you use and the area you're in a good example would be Mohgwyn Palace which is absolutely crammed with enemies to kill and has become a favorite rune farming spot for many people who play.

You already know I played it because I've already showed you my footage of me playing God of War including my platinum trophy so you can stop without argument you're arguing against a specific point I made regarding a specific YouTube video, at other points I said five to six in the specific YouTube video there were only five. If your argument is that there has been instances where there is a 7th enemy so one more than I claimed that is not much of a victory to stand proud on especially when you started this talking about dozens of enemies you're the one who changed the goal post.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
you're telling me a screen that clearly shows six enemies has a 7th enemy hidden somewhere? This is called a crumbling argument.
Hidden?

I don't know what are you are not sawing in the screen but there is a Witch in left side of the screen... she keep spamming ice blocks over you.

Edit - I realized the imgbb changed the image to 640p lol

Last edited:

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Hidden?

I don't know what are you sawing in the screen but there is a Witch in left side of the screen... she keep spamming ice blocks in you.
Okay we'll ignore that there's nothing on the left side of the screen and just stick with this idea of a witch being there...

Screenshot_20220714-095137-465.png

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Okay we'll ignore that there's nothing on the left side of the screen and just stick with this idea of a witch being there...

Screenshot_20220714-095137-465.png
Dude lol, I don't know what you're trying to prove here. Enemies easily gank you on GoW just like on ER. But Kratos is more mobile and can deal with lots of enemies better than the ER character. And, yes, the game can easily have more than 10 enemies on screen at once. I don't know why this matters, though.
Play the game, dude.

Reactions: ethomaz

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Dude lol, I don't know what you're trying to prove here. Enemies easily gank you on GoW just like on ER. But Kratos is more mobile and can deal with lots of enemies better than the ER character. And, yes, the game can easily have more than 10 enemies on screen at once. I don't know why this matters, though.
Play the game, dude.
Why you guys still arguing something unproovable show me a screen with more than 10 enemies on it here's the left side of ethomaz screen where he claims there is an alleged witch enemy which the God of War wiki does not recognize as an enemy type in the game

Screenshot_20220714-095741-184.png

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Why you guys still arguing something unproovable show me a screen with more than 10 enemies on it here's the left side of ethomaz screen where he claims there is an alleged witch enemy which the God of War wiki does not recognize as an enemy type in the game

Have you played the game? The witches are called Revenants in GoW.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

You really weird lol
Look at the screen on the right... c'mon.

Can you see a revenant in that screen?
Yes... look at the right of the screen... c'mon.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Hidden?

I don't know what are you are not sawing in the screen but there is a Witch in left side of the screen... she keep spamming ice blocks over you.

Edit - I realized the imgbb changed the image to 640p lol

You really weird lol
Look at the screen on the right... c'mon.

Yes... look at the right of the screen... c'mon.
Is it on the left or the right? Lol

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
They are not off screen... they are exactly at the right point.
Yes, I saw them now. But enemies in encounters in GoW frequently stay off-screen and you have to account of that when playing. Still, this discussion is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.