Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Again I don't think you understand what goal posts are and how they're established usually when an argument begins the goal posts are established and the beginning of this argument was you talking about dozens of enemies I'm being nice to you by letting you reduce it to 10 now and you still can't do it.
Last time due.
You asked to prove 5… I proved… you denied… and moved goal.

It can’t be helped.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I didn't see this, can you post me a screenshot with the number of enemies circled
So the God of Woke now needs to have enemies circled.

That explain why you guys could not see the enemies when you played the game… the game indeed doesn’t circle the enemies to you.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Last time due.
You asked to prove 5… I proved… you denied… and moved goal.

It can’t be helped.
In your screenshot it does look like there are six enemies on the screen which is one more than five and four less than 10 but you said 10 or more

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
The screen have 7 enemies… there is no “look like”.
Okay let's say I totally give in and say that there are seven enemies and I was wrong to question you on that if I do that will you admit that you are wrong to say there are 10 or more at any point in the game?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Falcs

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why are we even comparing God of War to Elden Ring or any other Souls game, btw?

Souls games are about patient and methodical combat, which is often slow. You need to pick your enemies, or they'll absolutely wreck you and fast. That's the whole point of this kind of game.

GOW and similar game are more about fun combat. Sure, some enemies are difficult, to challenge the player, but they cannot imo be compared to one another, they are just too different.

Some people will find the hack and slash mechanics and faster pace of GOW more fun, others will prefer the slow methodical approach. I prefer the former, and I dislike souls games, but I can't say the combat in GOW is better or worse. It's just more fun for me.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why are we even comparing God of War to Elden Ring or any other Souls game, btw?

Souls games are about patient and methodical combat, which is often slow. You need to pick your enemies, or they'll absolutely wreck you and fast. That's the whole point of this kind of game.

GOW and similar game are more about fun combat. Sure, some enemies are difficult, to challenge the player, but they cannot imo be compared to one another, they are just too different.

Some people will find the hack and slash mechanics and faster pace of GOW more fun, others will prefer the slow methodical approach. I prefer the former, and I dislike souls games, but I can't say the combat in GOW is better or worse. It's just more fun for me.
That is exactly what I said.
Fast paced combat with multi target enemies vs slow paced combat focused in single target.

So they go crazy trying to say Elden Ring combat is faster lol

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
This is not an Elden Ring thread!

Enough comparisons.

Back to game anticipation and discussion of launch etc

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022

Personally I think God of War 2018 is the best entry in the franchise because it leaned more towards Souls combat with less enemies on screen at once and you have to be more careful especially on the higher difficulties. I would agree that there's still enough of a gulf between them that you could maybe argue they shouldn't be compared like God of War is some halfway point between a Zelda game and a Souls game you could argue.

That said I have every right to take issue with factually incorrect info that people put out, ethomaz apparently we'll say anything that isn't true to defend the game that he likes without realizing I also like the game and part of why I like it is because it doesn't swarm you with enemies that are just nothing to kill like in previous entries. I am not critiquing the game by telling him it never gives you 10 or more enemies to deal with to me that is one of the strengths of the game that it can feel so intense without having to do that.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz and Falcs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Personally I think God of War 2018 is the best entry in the franchise because it leaned more towards Souls combat with less enemies on screen at once and you have to be more careful especially on the higher difficulties. I would agree that there's still enough of a gulf between them that you could maybe argue they shouldn't be compared like God of War is some halfway point between a Zelda game and a Souls game you could argue.

That said I have every right to take issue with factually incorrect info that people put out, ethomaz apparently we'll say anything that isn't true to defend the game that he likes without realizing I also like the game and part of why I like it is because it doesn't swarm you with enemies that are just nothing to kill like in previous entries. I am not critiquing the game by telling him it never gives you 10 or more enemies to deal with to me that is one of the strengths of the game that it can feel so intense without having to do that.
What I said was true.
What you said well not.

You can read the thread… nobody is blind.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I can agree with this, yeah.

Sorry, I didn't go to the minutia of it so I cannot comment on what has been saying. But I do distinctly remember that this GOW does not throw nearly as many enemies as older entries did. I can't put a number as it's been a while since I've played (need to replay now in october before the sequel), but I'd say anything between 6 and 10 on the screen, at the very most, seems within the ballpark, but I don't remember massive numbers. 10 would be very up echelon if that makes sense, and if it occurred, would have been maybe once or twice at most.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022

Sorry, I didn't go to the minutia of it so I cannot comment on what has been saying. But I do distinctly remember that this GOW does not throw nearly as many enemies as older entries did. I can't put a number as it's been a while since I've played (need to replay now in october before the sequel), but I'd say anything between 6 and 10 on the screen, at the very most, seems within the ballpark, but I don't remember massive numbers. 10 would be very up echelon if that makes sense, and if it occurred, would have been maybe once or twice at most.
You seem like a good guy I think the problem is the guy I was arguing with is not as interested in honest discussion. I should probably blame myself for taking the bait and going so long. I'm very excited for God of War Ragnarok and it would be interesting if with the PS5 tech we see more enemies on screen at once as well without sacrificing the intensity of the combat.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

So you will ignore he asked proof… I proved and move one.
Nice.

It is absolutely ridiculous the move of goal he did in the thread to the point to say the pic didn’t have what I said and you guys agree with that.

Now I start to understand why people are made at you guys on discord.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
I will take you as being serious.

https://ibb.co/MGGJ2PP

The game even put the icon that you are receiving attack from that Witch… she is a range type enemy and never get close to you.
Well I ultra zoomed in and I can see what you're talking about those enemies are called revenants by the way. I'm not sure why you told me it was on the left side of the screen before though? But I understand left and right can be as hard as counting to 10.

• haha
Reactions: ethomaz
Status
Not open for further replies.