TubzGaming

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I didn't relies this thread was for Games Tech and Analysis, Must have clicked the wrong thread.
Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: AniWeeb

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So you will ignore he asked proof… I proved and move one.
Nice.

It is absolutely ridiculous the move of goal he did in the thread to the point to say the pic didn’t have what I said and you guys agree with that.

Now I start to understand why people are made at you guys on discord.

What ignore? I did not follow the discussion my friend, nor I want. I just wanted to state that I don't see the logic in this comparison.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Well I ultra zoomed in and I can see what you're talking about those enemies are called revenants by the way. I'm not sure why you told me it was on the left side of the screen before though? But I understand left and right can be as hard as counting to 10.
The witch is there since the first pic I posted to prove your “no more than 5” lol
You are not helping yourself here.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
What ignore? I did not follow the discussion my friend, nor I want. I just wanted to state that I don't see the logic in this comparison.
I don’t see the logic in the discussion either he asked proof not me lol

To be fair I have the video on PS App (it saved because I don’t know how to use the share button) I just did not post because it is ridiculous a guy argue he can’t see all the enemies the screen shows and move the goal to another things lol

And to explain more GoW can have more than 10 enemies on screen… a place that happens is in the ship on Hells… a story mission when you have to defend two torches.

And the start of the discussion was because some guy said GoW is Woke and that the combat is slow and I proved it was fast multitarged paced.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cragarmi

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I don’t see the logic in the discussion either he asked proof not me lol

But that is what it is… so please read the discussion before trying to help the guy fix his own mistakes.

I'm not trying to help anybody fix their mistakes, I said I don't remember the game having more than around 10 enemies on screen at once, and that was the upper limit. I added my thoughts to the thread following this whole debacle, and then commented on what he said about 10 enemies on a specific post. That's all.

And to explain more GoW can have more than 10 enemies on screen… a place that happens is in the ship on Hells… a sorry mission when you have to defend two torches.

Possible, I haven't played the game in a while and I'm waiting for the new one to play both consecutively. Also, I'm not counting enemies on screen, I don't really care.

Also, you bringing any personal qualms people may have with me to a discussion where I'm trying to engage with people is just dirty. So I'll quietly retire myself and leave you the playground.

In november I'll be playing Ragnarok, with 5, 10 or 25 enemies at once, and enjoying it thoroughly.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Who even cares if they have more than 5 fodder enemies on screen lol, one of the things that bothered me about new GoW the most was the removal of epic boss fights.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Who even cares if they have more than 5 fodder enemies on screen lol, one of the things that bothered me about new GoW the most was the removal of epic boss fights, something ER has bursting out the seams.

I just said not to compare..... you could have just said you missed the epic boss fights from the old games....

I did too but they have to build up to something... I am sure we will have some epic stuff in Ragnarok.

Leave ER at the door of this thread.

Explosive Zombie

21 Jun 2022
Okay I don't really care what ethomaz thinks but because this is gotten too much for people to read through I'm going to try and sum it up for people and leave it be.

He seems to be insecure about the quality of God of War in comparison to Elden Ring and got into some weird argument about which game has faster combat with someone. During this argument he very clearly stated that you can fight dozens of enemies in God of War in the time it takes to fight one enemy in Elden Ring.

I asked for proof that there are that many enemies on screen at once ever in God of War. He told me in Hels when lighting the torches which apparently was referring to Hellheim when you're on the floating ship and the enemies are trying to put out the fires.

I found a YouTube video in time stamped it where that section of the game is happening and asked him to count how many enemies he ever sees on screen at once because when I did it I couldn't count more than five.

He then gave me a screenshot of a different section of the game where he claimed there were seven enemies so more than five so he allegedly wins the argument. His screenshot was only 640p and I couldn't make out that there was actually seven enemies I thought there were six.

Adding to the confusion he told me the 7th enemy was on the left side of the screen when it was actually on the right side of the screen. He eventually gave me a new version of the screenshot I was able to blow up big enough that I could see what he meant and the enemy he kept calling a witch is apparently a revenant and yes that does mean that there are seven on screen in that scene. Which was a complete derail from the original point about Helheim on the boat having 10 or more enemies on screen at once.

I already admitted he is right that there was seven enemies on his screen and I was wrong to argue there were six though I feel like pretty much anyone could have trouble making anything out in his bad screenshot.

He still hasn't proven there is ever a point where 10 or more enemies are on screen much less dozens. And to rub some salt in the wound I decided to link a YouTube video I made of me fighting and killing 20 enemies in Elden Ring who all fit on the screen at once in under a minute and 30 seconds.

This is still going because he's hanging on to an out of context quote I made that there are never more than five which is referring to a video that was linked and was being argued about.

To be clear for me this entire argument has never had anything to do with quality, I do not consider the Elden Ring encounter I took a video of one of the more quality encounters because it had more enemies most of the enemies don't really do anything while you're fighting because that many AIs on screen is tough for most hardware to compute at the moment. I also don't prefer the first three God of War games where there are more enemies on screen at once for you to fight but they are less of a threat to you as individuals. I think one of God of War 2018's strengths was that it focused things down and made things feel more visceral.

I realize so much to talk about Elden Ring seems like a derail but personally I was simply responding to other people bringing it up. If you remember NeoGaf you can remember people doing things like slamming horizon zero Dawn in a breath of the wild thread and wanting to get a word in but obviously you'd be derailing. In that sense I apologize for derailing but I'm not trying to crap on God of War 2018 it's one of my favorite video games and I have a platinum trophy in it and I cannot wait for God of War Ragnarok please do not take these arguments the wrong way as arguments against the game they are simply arguments against what I would consider the flawed logic of one of the users here.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Okay I don't really care what ethomaz thinks but because this is gotten too much for people to read through I'm going to try and sum it up for people and leave it be.

He seems to be insecure about the quality of God of War in comparison to Elden Ring and got into some weird argument about which game has faster combat with someone. During this argument he very clearly stated that you can fight dozens of enemies in God of War in the time it takes to fight one enemy in Elden Ring.

I asked for proof that there are that many enemies on screen at once ever in God of War. He told me in Hels when lighting the torches which apparently was referring to Hellheim when you're on the floating ship and the enemies are trying to put out the fires.

I found a YouTube video in time stamped it where that section of the game is happening and asked him to count how many enemies he ever sees on screen at once because when I did it I couldn't count more than five.

He then gave me a screenshot of a different section of the game where he claimed there were seven enemies so more than five so he allegedly wins the argument. His screenshot was only 640p and I couldn't make out that there was actually seven enemies I thought there were six.

Adding to the confusion he told me the 7th enemy was on the left side of the screen when it was actually on the right side of the screen. He eventually gave me a new version of the screenshot I was able to blow up big enough that I could see what he meant and the enemy he kept calling a witch is apparently a revenant and yes that does mean that there are seven on screen in that scene. Which was a complete derail from the original point about Helheim on the boat having 10 or more enemies on screen at once.

I already admitted he is right that there was seven enemies on his screen and I was wrong to argue there were six though I feel like pretty much anyone could have trouble making anything out in his bad screenshot.

He still hasn't proven there is ever a point where 10 or more enemies are on screen much less dozens. And to rub some salt in the wound I decided to link a YouTube video I made of me fighting and killing 20 enemies in Elden Ring who all fit on the screen at once in under a minute and 30 seconds.

This is still going because he's hanging on to an out of context quote I made that there are never more than five which is referring to a video that was linked and was being argued about.

To be clear for me this entire argument has never had anything to do with quality, I do not consider the Elden Ring encounter I took a video of one of the more quality encounters because it had more enemies most of the enemies don't really do anything while you're fighting because that many AIs on screen is tough for most hardware to compute at the moment. I also don't prefer the first three God of War games where there are more enemies on screen at once for you to fight but they are less of a threat to you as individuals. I think one of God of War 2018's strengths was that it focused things down and made things feel more visceral.

I realize so much to talk about Elden Ring seems like a derail but personally I was simply responding to other people bringing it up. If you remember NeoGaf you can remember people doing things like slamming horizon zero Dawn in a breath of the wild thread and wanting to get a word in but obviously you'd be derailing. In that sense I apologize for derailing but I'm not trying to crap on God of War 2018 it's one of my favorite video games and I have a platinum trophy in it and I cannot wait for God of War Ragnarok please do not take these arguments the wrong way as arguments against the game they are simply arguments against what I would consider the flawed logic of one of the users here.

And more than 10 enemies is important?

It's so arbitrary and so abstract.....

It really doesn't matter guys... you're fighting like it was someone bad mouthing a dead relative or something.

Just take a break from this thread.

I don't want any last comment to get one in before anyone leaves or anything.

This is supposed to be a positive thread about the upcoming release...now it looks negative. Do not like it.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Reactions: Bryank75

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

No disc controversy.

Also the collectors edition has a map that reveals all 9 realms.
Yep it's gonna be a pretty big game, I suspect what? Say 5 hours in each realm, so with optional stuff, let's say 50 hrs playtime, for the average player!

• fire

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Yep it's gonna be a pretty big game, I suspect what? Say 5 hours in each realm, so with optional stuff, let's say 50 hrs playtime, for the average player!

50 Hours would be loads.

Although if the content is compelling enough... I could go almost twice that.

• fire

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

No disc controversy.

Also the collectors edition has a map that reveals all 9 realms.
You will just makes confusion and receive refund asks from DE users.

You don’t launch products that way.

For more that I love physical media when Sony decided for DE the fate was set already.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah saw that... Jaffe actually mentioned it and I went 'oh yeah, of course that makes sense'....
Also no disc because the same edition can be given for both PS4 and PS5 users, otherwise 2 editions would be needed

• they're_right_you_know
Status
Not open for further replies.