Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
True... what a balls. Shoulda just made it next gen only.
That is another point that I hate the path Sony took even after I understood their reality.

You don’t have enough PS5 on shelves to launch a PS5 game only to force a PS4 user buy a PS5 to play it.

They situation is mostly like if a PS4 user doesn’t have a PS5 he will end not buying a PS5 only game because he can’t find a PS5 at all.

It is sad but there is reason behind it.

We will only see exclusives only games when PS5 start to be found on shelves.

PS. PS4 situation was nowhere close to that… after near 3 years you have tons of consoles sitting on stores to people buy… to be fair with less than one year after launch PS4 stock situation was already normalized.

Reactions: Bryank75

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
That is another point that I hate the path Sony took even after I understood their reality.

You don’t have enough PS5 on shelves to launch a PS5 game only to force a PS4 user buy a PS5 to play it.

They situation is mostly like if a PS4 user doesn’t have a PS5 he will end not buying a PS5 only game because he can’t find a PS5 at all.

It is sad but there is reason behind it.

We will only see exclusives only games when PS5 start to be found on shelves.

PS. PS4 situation was nowhere close to that… after near 3 years you have tons of consoles sitting on stores to people buy… to be fair with less than one year after launch PS4 stock situation was already normalized.
Returnal, Rachet RA and Demon Souls are exclusive to the PS5, I expect no more for PS4 after this year, apart from a few of the GaaS games

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

jim-ryan-laughing.gif
The irony is that Jimbo still delivered way more current gen games than the competition while also delivering more (and better) crossgen games as well. He just couldn't help himself with all the lying and failed attempts at controlling the narrative.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Seems like we are getting 4k30 and dynamic res 60fps mode again...
I hate this modes. Just make 1 proper mode so I don't feel like I am giving up on one or another.
Offer vrr option with fps cap off for that one mode and be done with it

Reactions: Bryank75

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I hate this modes. Just make 1 proper mode so I don't feel like I am giving up on one or another.
Not sure where you are getting this info from? The modes have yet to be announced?

OP
OP
TubzGaming

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I like the fact you get a choice.
You can go with what you like best and if any of the newer PS5 games are to judge from you will get 3 Resolution / Best of Both / Frames.
I always go with the middle or just frames as full pure 4K has never bothered me even on my 4K TV, Yeah looks nice sometimes but i hardly ever just stand still and stare at my soundings and if i do its just to take a screenshot.

Reactions: AniWeeb

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
The "no disc" is because the edition is made to appeal to both disc and DE users.
Also because they aren’t gold yet. Can’t print discs yet.

They can get the collector’s editions made early now since they don’t need to wait for the game discs.

Otherwise they’d have to wait til like October to print the discs and package them into the CEs.

Not sure where you are getting this info from? The modes have yet to be announced?
Guy on GAF claims it was in a marketing email from a UK retailer.

Its to be expected. 4K30 or checkerboard 4K60.

Makes no sense to complain about getting extra choice.

The “1 mode” for you is the 60 FPS mode. Just play that. Every game.

Any 30 Hz mode option is just a bonus. If it didn’t exist, nothing would change.

You’d still play the same 60 mode still knowing it could have been higher res if 30 Hz.

• Informative
Reactions: Cragarmi and rofif

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

They can get the collector’s editions made early now since they don’t need to wait for the game discs.

Otherwise they’d have to wait til like October to print the discs and package them into the CEs.

Any 30 Hz mode option is just a bonus. If it didn’t exist, nothing would change.

You’d still play the same 60 mode still knowing it could have been higher res if 30 Hz.
No 40fps mode at launch? :(

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

I just don't like choice of modes.
These are usually badly described and you need to watch DF video anyway to be sure what they change.
I don't like choice... 2 modes are okish + vrr maybe. But 6 or so modes and combinations... nah. just get a pc.
Honestly, I am digging 40fps modes, so I wouldn't complain if we got that.

30fps in gow on ps5 is pretty laggy. More than I remember... so playing whole game like this? I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.