The GoWR, TLOU2, and GoT, megathread! The soup of PS 1st Party goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I like the fact you get a choice.
You can go with what you like best and if any of the newer PS5 games are to judge from you will get 3 Resolution / Best of Both / Frames.
I always go with the middle or just frames as full pure 4K has never bothered me even on my 4K TV, Yeah looks nice sometimes but i hardly ever just stand still and stare at my soundings and if i do its just to take a screenshot.
It's not that the choice is bad. The choice is good.
But to me it feels like choosing "what I want to give up on" rather than what I want to get.
I always liked that a game console is it's ultimate developer form.
But generally the choice is good....

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
I just reinstalled the first on my PS4. Want to finish it before the sequel and see what all the fuss is about.

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022

God of War Ragnarok will go live for pre-order tomorrow July 15 and details around the PS5 resolution have been revealed through the Store promotional material.

UK Retailer ShopTo has started to send a promotional email for the pre-order of God of War Ragnarok and it contains some information on the PS5 features including 3D Audio.

Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger functionality.
  • Take advantage of multidirectional 3D Audio; hear enemies approaching from any direction.
  • Bask in the beautiful worlds you travel through, brought to life by precise art direction and arresting attention to detail.
  • Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps

So it'll be either Native 4K 30 FPS or Dynamic 4K 60 FPS, hopefully the only difference between either modes are resolution & FPS, not actual graphical quality. 👀👀❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥

Lock this thread if already posted or if in another section.

Last edited:

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Source is someone from GAF who says they had an email, it is verbatim from there, so salt may be needed?

• angry
Reactions: LED

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
@LED Thanks for posting buddy!

I will hopefully be playing at the 60 mode, hope it won't have shimmering or any artifacts like Horizon, which I blame on the lack of focus on console and resources going to PC porting.

We might even get a 40fps mode down the line.

RickyBooby87

8 Jul 2022
@LED Thanks for posting buddy!

I will hopefully be playing at the 60 mode, hope it won't have shimmering or any artifacts like Horizon, which I blame on the lack of focus on console and resources going to PC porting.

We might even get a 40fps mode down the line.
40fps mode where?

40FPS mode is needed out the gate imo.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I mean, theres no reason to doubt the game having a fidelity and performance mode. We’re two years into this at this point, its the standard.

The only question is if it will get the highly regarded 40fps+120hz modes

• brain

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I mean, theres no reason to doubt the game having a fidelity and performance mode. We’re two years into this at this point, its the standard.

The only question is if it will get the highly regarded 40fps+120hz modes
At launch?, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.